• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED] SimplicityXL {Updated 5/17/14}

I chose the kit kat with am & pm and the same thing happened to me. (system ui force close) Then I tried to restore the backup I made before I flashed 2.0 and I'm stuck at the lg screen. Wipe/factory reset Then maybe a stupid thing to do but I cleaned for new rom and same thing. I can get into phils recovery. If I flash the full rom version no am pm I should be able to boot? Is the full rom zip uploaded? Do I look for the link on page 1? Thanks Chev. (I'll make another donation if you get me out of this one :rolleyes:

Yes the new zip is up, download it and flash it to your phone

I first updated with the ota via flashing in cwm. Is the file in the first post the same as the ota?

No the OTA is 310mb, the zip in thread is the full rom with a hefty size of 1.1Gig. Download it and flash.

Upvote 0
YOU AND YOUR ROM ROCK!!! I have used kit kat plenty and your rom puts it to shame. At first I was disappointed it didn't upgrade to kit kat as some roms will do that but this is better than kit kat anyway! I don't have allot to donate but I will donate what I can! Finally someone looking out for the little guy instead of catering to super smart phones like they need that much attention!

Thank you, its post like this that keeps me going with what i do around here.:)

Upvote 0
Yes the new zip is up, download it and flash it to your phone

No the OTA is 310mb, the zip in thread is the full rom with a hefty size of 1.1Gig. Download it and flash.

OK thanks. Should I format the cache and data before flashing the 1.1 gig file download? So I'm guessing I didn't have to format the data with the ota file lol.

Upvote 0
OK thanks. Should I format the cache and data before flashing the 1.1 download? So I'm guessing I didn't have to format the data with the ota file lol.

Backup your app data with LGBackup app and then wipe data and cache to be safe, then flash and restore your apps+data from the LGBackup app.

Reactions: Techlord
Upvote 0
When we update to kit kat are we going to lose this ROM?

Ehh depends on what you want, if you restore to stock and choose KitKat yes you will lose this ROM but only for a short period of time. When the OTA for KitKat from LG comes about. I will start on rebuilding the ROM off the KitKat update, should only take a month.

Reactions: Robrev6
Upvote 0
What theme did you choose?

EDIT
nvm found the issue, statusbar will FC if you choosed the kitkat with am/pm theme. problem fixed in OTA, Full rom zip is currently uploading. If you choose that option during the OTA you can either advance restore only "system.img" of your last backup for 1.0.6 and then flash the ota again but select kitkat with no am/pm theme or you can redownload the new full ROM zip when uploaded and then select kitkat with am/pm theme if you'd like.

Okay. I'm currently running 0.2 because that's the only copy I had saved in case of needing a full restore if CWM failed me. I don't have 0.6. Can you give me the link to 0.6? Or is that such a big deal, if I'm running 0.2?

Also, when I go from 0.2 to 2.0 (or 1.6 if you'd give me the link), what do you suggest doing? Cause I don't use your OTA thing, because it confuses the piss out of me. Lol

Step by step, once I'm running 1.2 and 2.0 zip is on the SD card in external, and I'm at the home screen of CWM....

I appreciate it, Cheven. You're a Godsend.

PS:
I also can't wait til CyanogenMod is up and running as a daily driver!!

Upvote 0
Okay. I'm currently running 0.2 because that's the only copy I had saved in case of needing a full restore if CWM failed me. I don't have 0.6. Can you give me the link to 0.6? Or is that such a big deal, if I'm running 0.2?

Also, when I go from 0.2 to 2.0 (or 1.6 if you'd give me the link), what do you suggest doing? Cause I don't use your OTA thing, because it confuses the piss out of me. Lol

Step by step, once I'm running 1.2 and 2.0 zip is on the SD card in external, and I'm at the home screen of CWM....

I appreciate it, Cheven. You're a Godsend.

PS:
I also can't wait til CyanogenMod is up and running as a daily driver!!

Just download the 2.0.0 zip from the thread and flash it, dont really need to wipe data or cache but it wouldnt hurt;)

Upvote 0
What do you mean LGBackup has failed 4 times? after flashing the rom sync into your google account and then restore the backup.

Yes i did that. I synced my google account and everything. It said failed after trying the first time. Second time it just restarted my phone. I just reflashed again and this time lg backup worked. That was wierd. Lg backup has always worked perfectly until today. Maybe it did that because i didnt wipe the dalvik in cwm

Upvote 0
can I flash this over CM10? I tried it and it gave me some crap about the build.prop file... I tried to update from a Simplicity 1.0.6 backup I made, but it gave me a bad MD5 error so I trashed it. am I going to have to reflash with the lg flash tool... or what else can I do from here ._.

You're gonna have to find your way back to stock whether it's a past nandroid backup that you have or trick the installer by copying stock build.prop for and replacing it with your current one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones