• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S24 Series

I keep my boxes too. I think that because I traded in my Note 8 in it's original container, that is why I got full value for the trade in. ☺

No idea about the site. It's been kind of quiet around here, but hopefully someone smarter than I (pretty much everyone else) will chime in soon.

Ok guys, I'm coming up with an issue that I can't figure out. The S24+ keeps reverting back to a screen time out of 20 seconds. I usually have it set for either 1 or 2 minutes.
What's happening here?

I don't know... maybe it's an app. You could try restarting it in Safe Mode (which only runs the OS and system apps... if the problem resolves, it's something you've installed. Did it start recently; and what apps have you installed since just before this began?

I just got it last week, Chief.
I've Googled the problem and have seen it discussed with other Samsung devices.

Trouble is the options given were for older versions of Android and the settings to resolve it have changed.

I spent a couple hours on the Samsung help chat the other night. After all that time the final suggestion was to take it in to a Samsung store and have a tech look at it.

Found my own external solution to the timeout issue...I installed the Caffeine app which, so far, has kept it on.

User on the Samsung Members app helped with the adaptive brightness issue.

Everyone has their preferences. I had the Z Fold 3 and 4, but they were just too thick for some of the proprietary phone mounts I use. Plus: that crease! I switched to the S2x Ultra and haven't looked back. The ease of use and onboard S Pen (which I use all day, every day) just seal the deal for me. Yes, foldables have incredible screen real estate if you watch a lot of video or play games... neither of which I do. So freedom of choice is an awesome thing!

Wireless charger question:

What is the fastest wireless charger for the S 24 series? Unfortunately, the

Samsung 15W Fast Charge 2.0 Wireless Stand​

was discontinued by Samsung and apparently was the only device out there that would charge at the full 15W.

Surely y'all know better! I hope.

TIA

HUGE Galaxy AI update AXH7 with the September security update is rolling out! Most updates are around 300 MB, this monster clocks in at 2.83GB! Make SURE you back up your data before installing!

Of course, I HAD to try the Sketch to Image feature as soon as the phone rebooted. I did a quick sketch of a middle aged man with a surprised expression. And the phone did a pretty good job with it!

received_444949341209174.jpeg

received_1545474919737163.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom