• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 1500mAH which Fake or Real?

Is this the one you guys are talking about?

OEM HTC RHOD160 BATTERY FOR VERIZON DROID INCREDIBLE - eBay (item 170540504300 end time Oct-14-10 16:41:27 PDT)

YES, seems to be a legit battery with correct numbers on the wrap.

Seems also those that have this very battery have good results for a true 1500.

Regards,

Deanski

Upvote 0
I got one of the 3500 mAh, $10(free shipping) batteries from Hong Kong from eBay, I thought why not, ten bucks? It surely is no 3500, but doing semi-consistent testing, running same apps from full charge to auto-off, measuring slope of battery charge data from 'Battery Graph' app, and found I got about 80% more than stock. For $10, I'm satisfied, and the extra thickness doesn't bother me at all, I think I might like it.

Upvote 0
Okay, I got mine from bidallies this past weekend.
I think I went over 20 hours unplugged but that was with very very little use. I was home mostly all weekend and was using my comp instead of the phone and plus I was also connected via wifi instead of 3g.

So basically I wanted to gauge it during the week when I have normal use.
Here are my stats for today's use thus far:

67% unplugged since 8:46am/Good health/81.1F/3.905V
(per my battery indicator widget)

Up Time: 5:37:36
Awake Time: 1:42:33

Battery Use:
(5h 37m 3s since unplugged)
Android System - 38%
Cell Standby - 28%
Phone Idle - 21%
Display - 9%
Wi-fi - 4%

I have the following synced:
1. backup assistant (once a day in the morning)
2. Facebook (once a day) - I use the refresh button every time I enter the app, which is several times a day.
3. Google contacts, gmail, calendar
4. news (manual)

I use beautiful widgets (updates hourly), pure grid calendar widget, pure calendar widget (for my agenda & that's a manual refresh), pure messenger widget (polls every 3 hours), tweetcaster updates every 15 mins, my default email apps are set to dl every hour (excluding the yahoo mail app and gmail), my screen is 19% dim and I use the free power manager app. I also text throughout the day and check twitter and facebook several times throughout the day as well.

Why do I feel that I should get more?
Can someone help me out and let me know if I'm getting good use of the battery? I'm still a fairly new Droid owner so some of the stuff is greek to me, I'm still learning :)

I do have to say that I have noticed a difference between the stock and this battery. With the stock battery, normally I would have to be plugged back and in recharging anywhere from 3 - 5pm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones