• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 2000mah Andida battery

imb951

Oct 5, 2009
I just got one off Ebay for $10 with free shipping after seeing this post over at XDA confirming it fits with the stock door of the CDMA Hero.

Also further comforting my skepticism: this post from a G1 owner with an Andida extended battery from the same ebay vendor who had nothing but good things to say after testing.

Ebay link:
http://shop.ebay.com/350304192720

Anyone here try this one out yet? I will be reporting back within a week or so with my results.

I just tossed the Gumbo kernel + SetCPU on top of Fresh 1.1 and am LOVING it so far. Running "on demand" mode for now which maxes out at 528mhz when awake and turns it back to 160mhz when sleeping. :D

I wouldn't buy any battery for $10, but I am curious about SetCPU. Do I just flash that kernal from the recovery menu like a normal flash?

I hear ya on the $10 battery. I'll wait for some reviews first.

As for Gumbo kernal, I flashed it this afternoon. Same process as flashing the ROM.

I did notice an immediate pick up in Available Memory when running Advanced Task Killer.

Upvote 0
For SetCPU, what are your exact settings? I have mine "ondemand" with max set to 528 and min to 160, and I have the "Sleep/Standby" profile enable with 160 max and 160 min. I want to make sure that I have it set to do exactly what you described. Also I have it to set on boot.

Do I just need to make both the max and min 528 and enable to standby profile at 160?

Upvote 0
For SetCPU, what are your exact settings? I have mine "ondemand" with max set to 528 and min to 160, and I have the "Sleep/Standby" profile enable with 160 max and 160 min. I want to make sure that I have it set to do exactly what you described. Also I have it to set on boot.

Do I just need to make both the max and min 528 and enable to standby profile at 160?

You'll accomplish the same thing turning off the "Sleep/Standby" profile and setting the sliders to 528/160 and setting the CPU Governor to "On Demand." This is how I'm keeping mine, set on boot also. The cpu will run at 528mhz when awake, and 160mhz when in standby. The only profile I have enabled is the Failsafe for an overheating battery.

Putting the governor on "Performance" and then push refresh will make it run at max speed regardless of standby.

Putting the governor on "Power Save" and refresh will crank the speed down to your min setting, in my case 160mhz, and keep it there. Good luck getting anything aside from a phone call accomplished at this constant speed. It's painfully slow!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones