• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2022 NFL Football

The Steeler play calls, except for their last drive, were conservative and predictable. They aren't a great team but some play calls that aren't on the first page of the playbook would go a long ways. I'm glad they won the game to honor Franko Harris. It would have been a real bummer to lose that game on the night they retired his jersey.

The Steeler play calls, except for their last drive, were conservative and predictable. They aren't a great team but some play calls that aren't on the first page of the playbook would go a long ways. I'm glad they won the came to honor Franko Harris. It would have been a real bummer to lose that game on the night they retired his jersey.
i have not paid close attention to the Steelers, but i think they are keeping the playbook simple for the rookie qb Pinkett. but that is my guess. that last drive he really showed some poise and skill. and Najee Harris looked great. he had some really good plays throughout the game.

They started out the season so out of sync it was flat ugly. Then they benched Mitch and started Kenny. It was exactly what the fans wanted but I don't think it was necessarily wise football. I think Tomlin is a great head coach but his staff will not have the same personnel next season or I miss my guess. They have talent on that team but they don't script their games around them.

Starting out the season winning only two of their first eight games is a deficit nearly impossible to recover from. If they win out they will make the playoffs and have a winning season. It would be a miraculous recovery from a terrible start. I think it's too much to hope for but I'm a Steeler fan so I have to hope they pull it off.

The Chargers started off on the wrong foot but took care of the Colts as expected. I'm not so sure about Derwin James being ejected from the game for that tackle. He didn't leave his feet and targeted the shoulder not the head. Flag worthy perhaps but ejection... a bit over the top in my opinion.

The Chargers started off on the wrong foot but took care of the Colts as expected. I'm not so sure about Derwin James being ejected from the game for that tackle. He didn't leave his feet and targeted the shoulder not the head. Flag worthy perhaps but ejection... a bit over the top in my opinion.
yeah that is what i saw. James hit the shoulder first. i hope he does not get fined or suspended for it. does not appear so....so far. the colts are a terrible team. we should have destroyed them. our offense just floundered for much of the game. two many sacks or interceptions for my taste. if they can protect the Herbert and protect the ball, we should be able to win most games.

anyways my Chargers have officially made it into the playoffs as a 6th seed so far. Go Chargers!!!!!!

been a prime user for many years now. i buy amazon in bunches it seems. i can go months with out, but then suddenly i need this and that and next thing you i am gettings things ordered left and right.....lol

anyways curious to see if the titans contunue on their losing streak or not tonight.

I've been a prime subscriber so the football is just another perk. I enjoy the shipping, enjoy their reading, enjoy their movies, and the football is just a game i'm not missing out on. I don't like their approach to watching later and fast forwarding through commercials but it's doable. I hope someone else picks up the Thursday night games next year. I'll remain a prime member no matter what.

that was a good game by the Steelers. that last drive was amazing orchestrated by Pickett.

i am very happy that my Chargers killed the rams.

I had all but given up on the Steelers when they put together that game winning drive. Pickett is their future, that's for certain. I'd love to see them win next week. The stars would have to align for them to make it into the playoffs but a W would give them a winning season. They have yet to have a losing season with Tomlin at the helm.

The Chargers looked good yesterday!

I pray for Damar Hamlin. Continuing that game would have been too heartless for words. An hour to make that decision was ignorant. I don't think the players could have been forced onto the field of play.
The magnitude of the game will force it to be played.. somehow... sometime. It will be extremely difficult to resume that game for players from both teams. The important thing is not the game linguistics but the well being of that young player.

so what sucks from the Bills vs Bengals game is that i may lose in one of my fantasy leagues. i'm in the championship game and i had two players from the Bengals that were playing in that game. right now i am losing 146.78 to 146.38:(. yahoo is saying that if the NFL does not finish that game than the points i have will stand and that is it. that's not fair:mad:. i would have won the game if any of them scored any points.....which they did.

I am glad that things are looking better for Damar, but it is my only league that i am doing really well in. it would suck to lose like this!!!!

I had Burrow going against a kicker. I had my victory for certain. With the game being canceled vs postponed, I won by eight points. I agree that it isn't fair though I didn't suffer. I hope you were just playing for bragging rights like my league and didn't have money on the line.

It's not just fantasy that's jacked up. Think of the betting money and pickem leagues and their money. Consider the playoff picture and the impact the cancelation caused. How fair is it that those two teams play one less game? Right now the Chiefs set at 13-3 and the Bills 12-3. If they win out... who gets screwed. It goes on and on... it's terrible.

Now that I've ranted, I can't blame the NFL for cancelling the game. Making them resume the game sometime is not fair either. I thought the most likely way forward was for that game to be played this weekend. Last regular season games to be played the following weekend. All post season games to be played a week late and have a one week instead of a two week period between the playoffs and the super bowl. But, that is not really fair.

Suspending play had to be done no matter how messed up it has made this season. It would have been extremely inhuman to force the players to take the field after what unfolded. Making the game up is not very feasible either. It is what it is. I just hope it never happens again and Damar has a complete recovery.

Yeah just needed to get that off my chest. I completely understand real life vs fantasy. But this league was just fir bragging rights.....which I could brag that I only lost due to unforseen technicalities. My money league, I did not even make it into the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom