• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G on Samsung Admire Here is the 3022.prl

I wouldn't mind hearing an answer to this too. While there's no 3g yet in Grand Rapids, MI, I feel like my 1x data speed slowed down dramatically since going 3019 > 3024.. I can barely use the Market.. and downloads rarely start.
*EDIT* Even after downgrading to 3020 my 1x is still at an unusable speed. Everything just times out... anyone got 3019? :\

Have u tried 3018 to see if it was a little better? I think i had 3018 when i first got this phone. My phone was at 3024 n I dialed *228 n updated to the lastest roaming list n it took me ack down to 3019. Oh n my phone wasn't in service when I updated so I don't know if it would of go up higher if I had service n I wont be able to run any test til I get my check n pay my bill lol.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind hearing an answer to this too. While there's no 3g yet in Grand Rapids, MI, I feel like my 1x data speed slowed down dramatically since going 3019 > 3024.. I can barely use the Market.. and downloads rarely start.
*EDIT* Even after downgrading to 3020 my 1x is still at an unusable speed. Everything just times out... anyone got 3019? :\

i live in grand rapids too. no 3 g yet ive tried all prls if u want prl 3019 just dial *228 wait then dial 5 and it will go back to 3019.

Upvote 0

i have a 3019 i extracted 2 days ago if you still need it

Upvote 0
Here is a link to a few 3g coverage maps. Metro is in the middle.

No one has uploaded the 3025 anywhere that I can find and I have been looking for a while now.

One guy in this post claims to have the 3025 but I do not know how to extract it.

Here is a link to the 3024 anyways.

And here is a link on how to install it. Just replace the 3022 with the 3024.

EDIT:
-----------------------------------

Figures that as soon as I get done posting I notice someone did get the 3025 in this post.

Here is the download page.

Reactions: endrialb
Upvote 0
you can find the new prl (3025) in the samsung indulge forums....ever since i put this prl on my phone my internet seem to be faster .... this is no bul shit ...the only thing the prl do is connect your phone to the new towers...im telling you ...i use 1x internet and its gotten faster... will see the change when u put the prl on your phone and after you put the prl go to this website in your phone web browser www.mobilespeedtest.com to test your browser speed...im gettin over 410kbps which is 3G (EVDO/HSDPA)...heres the prl link to prl 3025....if this helps thank me please http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...st-update-instructions-regularly-updated.html

Upvote 0
you can find the new prl (3025) in the samsung indulge forums....ever since i put this prl on my phone my internet seem to have to be faster .... this is no bul shit ...the only thing the prl do is connect your phone to the new towers...im telling you ...i use 1x internet and its a bit fast... will see the change when u put the prl on your phone here the prl link....if this helps thank me please http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...st-update-instructions-regularly-updated.html

3025 works in Atlanta. I just updated from 3019, and now I'm at 3G

Upvote 0
1. Installed QPST.

2. From the start menu I found the QPST folder and started QPST Configuration

3. Had my Admire connected and opened Device Manager and expanded the Ports icon. I took note of the COM number listed beside the DBAdapter Reserved Interface,which in my case was (COM15)

4. In QPST Configuration I clicked Add New Port at the bottom right and selected the COM15 and enabled it.

5. After that I went back to the start menu,QPST and opened Service Programming. A box popped up asking for a phone and since I only had the one I just clicked OK and a new box with alot of tabs opened.

6. If you go to the Roam tab at the bottom there is a Preferred Roaming area with an area asking for a file. Browse for the PRL and when finished click the Write to Phone button at the bottom of the window. It will ask for your SPC. After that it writes to the phone and the phone reboots on its own. You should let it reboot fully and not unplug it from the computer or mess with QPST while it's doing so.

When the phone is done booting you can close the program and unhook the phone. It took about 10 minutes for data to start working but 3G works fine on it when I'm in a 3G area. My Ascend is using the bloatware free stock 2.2 ROM found on here and I've had no problems for the week with it. Hopefully this can be helpful for someone and sorry if it's not made out too well,pretty bad at explaining things :p

3023.prl
QPST_v2.7_Build_301.exe

Thanks to you and the original poster, I'm able to get 3G now in Atlanta. I was only ever seeing 1X before. Bonus points for providing the links and simple explanation for someone who has never used the software before. Thanks a lot!!

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing eric. I myself live in the Miami-Dade area, and my speed was a little...shocking to say the least lol. It far exceeded my expectations. I used the stock browser to do the test, and yes, wifi was turned OFF.

Proof:
20111101002026.png

20111101002043e.png

Based on the chart below the test results, my speed exceeds 4G speeds lmao. I repeated the test several times but I got similar results. At first, I thought maybe mobilespeedtest.com was just inaccurate, but then I remembered that I applied some tweaks I found on the forums to my phone (http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/423039-speed-tweaks-more.html). Still, I highly doubt my speed really is beyond 4G. I think that maybe the speed caps aren't really what mobilespeedtest.com says they are.

Still, I'm happy I have such speeds though :3

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing eric. I myself live in the Miami-Dade area, and my speed was a little...shocking to say the least lol. It far exceeded my expectations. I used the stock browser to do the test, and yes, wifi was turned OFF.

Proof:
20111101002026.png

20111101002043e.png

Based on the chart below the test results, my speed exceeds 4G speeds lmao. I repeated the test several times but I got similar results. At first, I thought maybe mobilespeedtest.com was just inaccurate, but then I remembered that I applied some tweaks I found on the forums to my phone (http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/423039-speed-tweaks-more.html). Still, I highly doubt my speed really is beyond 4G. I think that maybe the speed caps aren't really what mobilespeedtest.com says they are.

Still, I'm happy I have such speeds though :3

mobilespeedtest.com speeds are not correct. Speedtest.net are more accurate. I am getting 310 Mbps constant.

Upvote 0
mobilespeedtest.com speeds are not correct. Speedtest.net are more accurate. I am getting 310 Mbps constant.

Yeah that's what I was thinking based on my results lol. I went ahead and gave the speedtest.net mobile app (the one by OOKLA) a try, but my results were all over the place. Download speed could have been as low as 3 kbps at the end of one test, but 182 kbps in another lmao. Upload speed always ranged between 450 - 730 kbps. Guess there's no sure-fire way to test speeds...for me anyway.

By the way, did you say 310 Mbps? I think you meant to say kbps. That's far beyond 3G speeds o0 lol

Upvote 0
Yeah that's what I was thinking based on my results lol. I went ahead and gave the speedtest.net mobile app (the one by OOKLA) a try, but my results were all over the place. Download speed could have been as low as 3 kbps at the end of one test, but 182 kbps in another lmao. Upload speed always ranged between 450 - 730 kbps. Guess there's no sure-fire way to test speeds...for me anyway.

By the way, did you say 310 Mbps? I think you meant to say kbps. That's far beyond 3G speeds o0 lol

Yes, I meant to say Kbps, LOL, a typo.

The best way to test it is to download Barnacle WIFI Tether from the Market, Tether to a computer and got to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test.
The speedtest app for the phone is crappy and very buggy. I get a constant speed in the 310 kbps DL. I am in the Miami-Dade area.

Before with PRL 3022, 23, and 24, the most I was getting was 220 kbps.
The extra 90+ kbps are nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones