• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.602 May Not Be The Last Update for X

Wally World

Android Expert
Take this with a grain of salt, but it's something and those still having major .602 bugs will take any hope they can hold on to.


From Verizon Forums.

We have seen reports of the issue with the keyboard, and while we thought this issue would be addressed in the software that was just released, it appears our product team is still working on this fix and will be included in next maintenance release.

Some workarounds include turning off Next Word Prediction, clear cache from the keyboard or try a 3rd party keyboard from the Market until this issue is resolved. To turn off Next Word Prediction: Settings - Language & Keyboard - Multi-touch keyboard - Next word prediction - Uncheck.


MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
 
Take this with a grain of salt, but it's something and those still having major .602 bugs will take any hope they can hold on to.


From Verizon Forums.

We have seen reports of the issue with the keyboard, and while we thought this issue would be addressed in the software that was just released, it appears our product team is still working on this fix and will be included in next maintenance release.

Some workarounds include turning off Next Word Prediction, clear cache from the keyboard or try a 3rd party keyboard from the Market until this issue is resolved. To turn off Next Word Prediction: Settings - Language & Keyboard - Multi-touch keyboard - Next word prediction - Uncheck.


MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

And the trend continues; release updates mainly to fix things they break instead of concentrating on improving the phone.
 
And the trend continues; release updates mainly to fix things they break instead of concentrating on improving the phone.


Right. And the trend of using US as R and D. If they actually tested things themselves they might send out a decent update. Actually it might be worse.
 
And I was told by a Verizon phone tech that no tech at Verizon ever knows in advance about any upcoming fix.
Imagine that.
 
Honestly, I don't think anything other than stuff that had to do with the radios was fixed in .602.

All other non-radio related bugs seem to still be there.
 
I'm willing to bet the next update breaks the new root method. I may skip this one since the phone seems to be working fine.
 
All this has me lusting for the Nexus Prime.
I really would like something with the webtop capability, so I'm actually hoping that Moto puts out something by March with similar specs, OS 4.0, and with the webtop capability.
 
I really would like something with the webtop capability, so I'm actually hoping that Moto puts out something by March with similar specs, OS 4.0, and with the webtop capability.

^^this.
 
i dun care when something comes out, i just dont see very many things beating my DX, i dont have 4g lte and wont until 2013 if we are lucky, and not so sure i will pay the xtra to have it...
 
I hope there's another update to GB. They fixed most of the problems from the previous version, but the camera always defaulting to Widescreen is annoying, and Google Navigator usually lags and reboots the phone when I'm using it. Not great to happen when I'm trying to get somewhere that I've never been before. GNav worked fine on FroYo, so they should be able to fix it on GB.
 
To fix the GPS issue, download the free app "GPS Status" from the market. Use it to clear the A-GPS data and then download current A-GPS data. Works like a charm!



I hope there's another update to GB. They fixed most of the problems from the previous version, but the camera always defaulting to Widescreen is annoying, and Google Navigator usually lags and reboots the phone when I'm using it. Not great to happen when I'm trying to get somewhere that I've never been before. GNav worked fine on FroYo, so they should be able to fix it on GB.
 
To fix the GPS issue, download the free app "GPS Status" from the market. Use it to clear the A-GPS data and then download current A-GPS data. Works like a charm!

I already have two apps called GPS Status, ran them both. But the issue I'm having doesn't seem to be with the GPS not knowing where it is, but the program itself locking up. I can be navigation somewhere, and it will be running fine for 10 minutes or so, then it will suddenly freeze for a minute, jump back to where I am, then reboot the phone to the red eye. Hopefully your idea helps, though.
 
Just used Glympse for about 4 hours today, no problems. Only app that uses GPS and freezes and causes reboots is Google Navigation. Would love one more bug fix update for this.
 
Back
Top Bottom