• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Aftermarket Extended Battery RECIEVED

All you have to do is line up the barbs on the charger to the 2 outside gold strips on the extended battery, (- & +)
42576ccc-eb61-fd28.jpg
42576ccc-eb73-06ed.jpg
hope this helps

Upvote 0
Unless you fully charge it, then it drains like a regular one.. What I have seen. It's quite irritating, honestly. If I could do it over again I would have bought the double and the wall charger. I think I will do that next. It will come in handy for me being gone all the time and the wife CONSTANTLY on her phone.. She kills charging ports. It's sad.

Upvote 0
So here is 2 screenshots. They are from 2 completely different day's . You can see my battery percent at the top. And yes I use my phone very heavily. 3800 mah. My stock battery only lasted about 5 hrs for me. I had to charge it about 3 times a day. With 15 percent on the battery you can play on the Internet for another 3 hrs with 100 percent brightness and it's still not dead.

6c0f25fd-d3f4-a267.jpg

6c0f25fd-d408-5f99.jpg

Upvote 0
And what I did to get it to drain properly was charged it on the wall charger to 100. Then unplugged it. Plugged it back and charge till it showed full again . Put it in the phone and used the app battery calibration to clear battery stats immediately. I used the phone with out charging until it was about to die. Then charged it uninterrupted until 100. And then just used it normally. I swear it's still getting better. Like with every use it lasts longer. Definitely worth the extra bulk because I use my phone so much the stock battery could barely make it thru 5 hrs.

Reactions: Alsaces Daddy
Upvote 0
I bought this battery after reading this thread: New 2x 3800mAh Extended Battery & Cover + Charger For Boost Mobile ZTE Warp N860 | eBay

My daughter and I both own a Warp, and we're both brutal on the battery. I have bluetooth on all day and make calls and listen to music through it for 10-12 hours a day on top of heavy web browsing. She may be worse since she's also playing games.

Needless to say, the stock battery was only worth about 4-5 hours tops.

With the extended battery, we both just charge before bed at night and are good to go until bed time again. And it's nice.

The only thing I don't like is the wall charger. Good thing we don't have a use for it I guess.

I am having a problems getting the battery to calibrate after running through a couple full discharge/recharge events. The battery meter at the top of the screen seems ok, but the standby time reported from the Settings menu is SNAFU:

eeNXG.png

It may be worth noting that I don't get cell service at home and I hear that hurts battery life. Even so, I know for a fact that this phone wouldn't die in 6.5 hours on the current charge on standby or even while being used.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones