• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All Things Star Wars

Okay, it's not Star Wars but I have fond memories of watching this show every week with my Dad. I don't think we ever missed a week. These Blu-rays were remastered from the original 35mm elements... it looks like it was filmed yesterday!

:)

Space1999Ultimate.jpg

Reactions: mikedt and Dngrsone
Upvote 0
Okay, it's not Star Wars but I have fond memories of watching this show every week with my Dad. I don't think we ever missed a week. These Blu-rays were remastered from the original 35mm elements... it looks like it was filmed yesterday!

View attachment 160921
Were I one to find time to binge-watch, I'd be all over this. This, and Mission: Impossible

Upvote 0

View attachment 160921

One of my favourites.

Space:1999 or "Bellbottoms:1999" as we used to call it in school. :D
1999d.jpg

The first series was much better, didn't really care much for the second one.

I'm now feeling an urge to watch Six Million Dollar Man again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
Season two was produced by someone other than creator Gerry Anderson. The thought was that the show was too slow, too intellectual and lacked humor and action. I agree that it was a bad decision, and I never understood the character Maya. She would transform into all sorts of animals: from Earth, a place she'd never been! How would she know what a tiger looks like?

At any rate, I have a treatment for a movie script to reboot & update the story. With no bellbottoms or zipper sleeves!

Reactions: Dngrsone and mikedt
Upvote 0
Season two was produced by someone other than creator Gerry Anderson. The thought was that the show was too slow, too intellectual and lacked humor and action. I agree that it was a bad decision, and I never understood the character Maya. She would transform into all sorts of animals: from Earth, a place she'd never been! How would she know what a tiger looks like?

At any rate, I have a treatment for a movie script to reboot & update the story. With no bellbottoms or zipper sleeves!

It was produced by Fred Freiberger. who also produced the third and final season of Star Trek. And both shows were cancelled after his involvement.

Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
I gave up with The Mandolorian after the second episode, but The Book of Boba Fett seems to be much more interesting so far.
SO far I like Mando MUCH more than Boba, but still enjoying it.
I only recognized 3 of them from their faces.

I'LL SHOW MYSELF TO THE DOOR.
:D
Seeing the picture first and then reading the caption, I did not know who I was looking at. Total fail!

Tsk tsk tsk.... I have a pic of Vadar signed by Prowse (was in the suit) and James Earl Jones. And whiel I didn't stand in line and pay for an autograph, I got up close with Peter Mayhew (chewbacca) at Comic-Con a couple times.

Upvote 0
i think of the last two episodes more of a teaser for the Mandalorian. i am curious how Feigi and Favreau will tie everything together. the season finale is this Wednesday.....can't wait to find out.
the season finale was good but not great. i liked it, but not loved it like i do the Mandalorian.

up next Obi-Wan.....May 25th.......curious as to why this date vs doing it on May 4th?????

Upvote 0
Honestly, I never thought the Star Wars franchise would be this big. Lots of movie parts, cartoons, games. I went to the pirate bay and was shocked at the number of parts of the games. There is even a game series that is part of the Star Wars universe. I honestly, except for a few parts of the movies, I haven't seen anything else. But now I will follow this franchise more actively and definitely watch all parts of the movie and TV series and cartoons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly, I never thought the Star Wars franchise would be this big. Lots of movie parts, cartoons, games. I went to the pirate bay and was shocked at the number of parts of the games. There is even a game series that is part of the Star Wars universe. I honestly, except for a few parts of the movies, I haven't seen anything else. But now I will follow this franchise more actively and definitely watch all parts of the movie and TV series and cartoons.
well you have A LOT of catching up to do........LOL

start with episodes IV, V, and VI (4, 5, and 6) which kick started the franchise. then watch episodes I, II, and III (1,2, and 3).

then watch Star Wars: the Clone Wars. this is the the animated TV series and they also made an animated movie as well. maybe start with the movie first and then watch the series.

after that watch Star Wars: Rebels

then you can watch the Disney+ shows starting with the Mandalorian and then the Book of Boba Fett.

you can skip watching the last 3 movies made.....though i do like Force Awakens very much. the last two are ok....not great....just ok.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well you have A LOT of catching up to do........LOL

start with episodes IV, V, and VI (4, 5, and 6) which kick started the franchise. then watch episodes I, II, and III (1,2, and 3).

then watch Star Wars: the Clone Wars. this is the the animated TV series and they also made an animated movie as well. maybe start with the movie first and then watch the series.

after that watch Star Wars: Rebels

then you can watch the Disney+ shows starting with the Mandalorian and then the Book of Boba Fett.

you can skip watching the last 3 movies made.....though i do like Force Awakens very much. the last two are ok....not great....just ok.
Thank you very much for the advice. To be honest, I started watching the movies in order, first part 1, then part 2, and then I realized that something was wrong.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones