• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ally Boot loop and can't access recovery

ad720

Android Enthusiast
I've been searching all weekend and can't seem to find a solution. If it's bricked, it's bricked but I wanted to see if any of the folks on here have any ideas.

Ally was running latest Velocity. I wanted to fully restore it to stock to sell.

I rebooted into clockwork and flashed signed_ally_V8_stock.zip. Then while still in clockwork I flashed signed_clockwork_to_Stock_Recovery.zip.

Now I am bootlooping, LG screen, then Verizon Wireless screen.

When I attempt to boot into recovery using "Send", "Menu" and "End", I see the green Android and "!" for a second and then it continues to boot loop.

Any ideas? :)

Your mistake was flashing that v8 zip over velocity as its 2.1 and the latest Velocity is 2.2 based. You can't flash 2.1 roms over 2.2 and vice versa. Flashing that stock recovery zip didn't help the situation either.

Is this fixable? Yes, depending on more information.

1. Where does the phone boot loop?
2. Do you have fastboot access?

You may have just made the situation more worse. :(

As soon as you turn the phone on does it go straight to the downloading do not unplug screen?

I sure did. ;)

Yes, it goes straight to the Downloading screen.

Trying this now: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-t...nate-v6-restore-method-updated-5-24-11-a.html

I know I'm not supposed to do it with the downloading/emergency screen but I have nothing to lose at this point I guess.

Well that got it to boot but it did scramble the MEID to all zeros...

Is it possible to make this phone activatable now? (if not, no worries, I was already prepared to simply sell it AS-IS).

Well that got it to boot but it did scramble the MEID to all zeros...

Is it possible to make this phone activatable now? (if not, no worries, I was already prepared to simply sell it AS-IS).

Sadly nope. I was gonna link you to that guide and explain that in doing that guide with the phone in download mode that it would wipe your MEID/ESN

Since your MEID is wiped there's no way to activate it.

Sadly nope. I was gonna link you to that guide and explain that in doing that guide with the phone in download mode that it would wipe your MEID/ESN

Since your MEID is wiped there's no way to activate it.

I read through that thread and understood what could happen. I tried just flashing it again the correct way once I could get to the "upgrade" tab but still no go.

No worries, off to eBay as-is we go.

Thanks for the help. :)

Posted in classifieds is anyone is interested for parts or whatever.

I read through that thread and understood what could happen. I tried just flashing it again the correct way once I could get to the "upgrade" tab but still no go.

No worries, off to eBay as-is we go.

Thanks for the help. :)

Posted in classifieds is anyone is interested for parts or whatever.
I can fix it.
Its an old Trick from our Friend DEATH2ALL110

You need to do a Data factory reset.
You say how can I do this.
I cant get it in anything.

There is a nice little secret Recovery that all Ally's come with.

Heres how you get to it. This may take a few tries.

1. Press and hold send menu end like you normally would to go into recovery only this time have the keyboard open while your doing it.

2.Let go at LG logo.

3. As soon as you let go, repeatedly press the home button on the keyboard until you get greeted by a menu. If you press the home key TOO many times the menu will go away. So watch for that.

4. Once you get into the Menu do a data Factory Reset.

This should fix your problems.

Now if this doesent work.... I have another idea as well.
It involves forcing an OTA.

Just let me know. :cool:

I think the main problem is he ended up wiping the MEID/ESN. At that point there is really nothing anyone can do to help in this forum.

I think the main problem is he ended up wiping the MEID/ESN. At that point there is really nothing anyone can do to help in this forum.

Yea, that's what I figured. There are likely some more nefarious means to fix it, but none that I am interested it. ;)

I've been searching all weekend and can't seem to find a solution. If it's bricked, it's bricked but I wanted to see if any of the folks on here have any ideas.

Ally was running latest Velocity. I wanted to fully restore it to stock to sell.

I rebooted into clockwork and flashed signed_ally_V8_stock.zip. Then while still in clockwork I flashed signed_clockwork_to_Stock_Recovery.zip.

Now I am bootlooping, LG screen, then Verizon Wireless screen.

When I attempt to boot into recovery using "Send", "Menu" and "End", I see the green Android and "!" for a second and then it continues to boot loop.

Any ideas? :)

dude you still selling it?

Back
Top Bottom