• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Americas Flag

Ummm your way off base here, (again, big surprise right?)

Someone being a good teacher has absolutely nothing to do with being a patriot.. o_O sometimes I wonder who line feeds you this crap. Or do you just make it up?

So tell me, what has obama done to better the country? All I see is things he wanted to do that have made the country worse off.

Any patriot who is physically capable will salute our national flag(especially during the national anthem). Period. Anyone who doesn't, simply isn't a patriot. Period. In some places, that would be looked on as treason. Obama can thank god(or is it allah, for him?)this is the land of tolerance.

Man hakr, at the rate your going, your going to need a space shuttle to catch your credibility.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

I believe in deeds. You believe in symbolism.

Upvote 0
Real patriotism involves working to better your country, state, city, community, et cetera, and in defending your country and your fellow citizens, and in improving the possibilities of their futures.
I agree if this is done by someone that is selfless and not doing so for their political aspirations and to help their ulterior motives.

Examples:

Person that works for or volunteers with Habitat For Humanity to build homes = Patriot.

Person that works or volunteers as a community organizer to build their political aspirations = Jerk.

Upvote 0
Ummm your way off base here, (again, big surprise right?)

Someone being a good teacher has absolutely nothing to do with being a patriot.. o_O sometimes I wonder who line feeds you this crap. Or do you just make it up?

So tell me, what has obama done to better the country? All I see is things he wanted to do that have made the country worse off.

Any patriot who is physically capable will salute our national flag(especially during the national anthem). Period. Anyone who doesn't, simply isn't a patriot. Period. In some places, that would be looked on as treason. Obama can thank god(or is it allah, for him?)this is the land of tolerance.

Man hakr, at the rate your going, your going to need a space shuttle to catch your credibility.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

Oh, wow I had been completely misguided my whole life. Thanks IOWA!

*salutes American flag*

*writes country song employing unsubstantiated rhetoric as to why America is the best country*

The biggest thing here is that through all the bickering everyone has done, nobody has affected change through this. The fact that people actually argue over stuff as trivial and insignificant as Obama not saluting the flag makes me wonder why America is so great. Maybe something better to argue about would be a solution to curb high school dropouts or finding a way to fire every member on the Texas Board of Education who is a member of the Christian Coalition. Maybe we, as a collection of people who have been brought together based on the fact that we like Android, can come up with a viable solution to some of the problems of America or even the world if we set aside our differences and petty bickering.

Upvote 0

*salutes American flag*

*writes country song employing unsubstantiated rhetoric as to why America is the best country*

The biggest thing here is that through all the bickering everyone has done, nobody has affected change through this. The fact that people actually argue over stuff as trivial and insignificant as Obama not saluting the flag makes me wonder why America is so great. Maybe something better to argue about would be a solution to curb high school dropouts or finding a way to fire every member on the Texas Board of Education who is a member of the Christian Coalition. Maybe we, as a collection of people who have been brought together based on the fact that we like Android, can come up with a viable solution to some of the problems of America or even the world if we set aside our differences and petty bickering.

Pot or kettle?

Upvote 0
Pot or kettle?

If you're referring to the beginning where I mocked his argument, yeah it is hypocritical and was mostly a joke. And that joke was meant to illustrate a point. Substantive action trumps symbolic action every time. That said, I don't think there is any denying that there isn't merit to the rest of my post. This isn't a debate that's going on in this thread. It's a mud slinging contest. And we've run out of mud so we've started using cow manure.

Upvote 0

*salutes American flag*

So now your going to turn this into a country war? What are you doing in here if your not even from the states? This doesn't really concern you, now does it? Then your going to mock my country? Thread reported.

Upvote 0
What are you doing in here if your not even from the states?

Android Forums has members worldwide, and everyone is perfectly entitled to contribute to whatever thread interests them.

This doesn't really concern you, now does it?
The same could be said for members who post in threads concerning handsets they don't own. We don't restrict those either. ;)

Upvote 0
So now your going to turn this into a country war? What are you doing in here if your not even from the states? This doesn't really concern you, now does it? Then your going to mock my country? Thread reported.

A country war? What do you mean by that?

Many around the world are concerned about what happens in the United States and what the thoughts of its people and government are.

Upvote 0

I am wondering where you got the idea that I am not an American. I am American. I was born and raised in Houston. I am now going to School in Texas. I have never lived outside the U.S. Also I have no idea how I turned this into a country war.

EDIT: And I am not mocking the U.S.

Upvote 0
Yes. It's kind of funny because when they see someone else doing whatever they want, they get mad anyway. It reminds me of a joke that I heard a while ago.

The Gorillas and the Banana Story
An experiment was conducted with four gorillas moved into the same cage. When the gorillas were first introduced into the environment, the experimenters would lower bananas into the center of the cage. When the gorillas went after the food, all were hosed down with a high-pressure water hose. Even if only one went after the food, all received the same treatment. As expected, soon the gorillas did not go after the bananas when they were lowered into the cage. Behavior was trained and reinforced. Now, the experimenters replaced one of the gorillas.
When the bananas were lowered into the cage, the new gorilla, of course, started toward the free meal. The other three gorillas knew what would happen, so they quickly jumped the new gorillas, keeping him from causing the dreaded response of water. Although perplexed, the new gorilla quickly learned not to go after the food lowered into the cage, and to jump any other gorilla that did the same.
The experimenters continued by slowing replacing each gorilla one by one. The result was the same: the new one went for the food the others jumped him. Soon the experimenters had replaced all of the four original gorillas. Keep in mind that the high-pressure water hose had not been used since the first four gorillas were together. But every time a new gorilla went for the food lowered into the cage, the others stopped him cold. The experimenters were able to go several generations away from the original four gorillas, but still the behavior did not change. None of the gorillas knew why they shouldn

Reactions: Crude
Upvote 0
Brab,

After servicing 24 years and just recently retiring from service I think you need to remember that 90 percent of the flags you are speaking of that people wrap themselves in are not really flags and only copies, big difference from where I sit. I have a problem with people who don't respect the flag and so I don't feel that way about athletes that use those copies of flags at sporting events to show their love of our country. You degrade our flag in my presence watch out but not everything is always as it seems. Thanks for your service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones