• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Release

Which operating system is better?

• Android 4.3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I got a question for anyone that can answer it,I have a OTG smart connection kit(a small mael to female adapter) for my boost max and i cant get it to connect trying to read a usb stick on the phone or anything else,how can i get it to connect?

LISTEN EVERYONE! WE NEED AN ALL OUT ASSAULT ON BOOST AND ZTE FOR THIS UPDATE! WE DESERVE THIS UPDATE FOR THE PRICE WE PAID FOR THIS PHONE. PLEASE EVERYONE CALL ZTE AND BOOST REPEADILY

Thanks for waiting, and here are the explainations I got, first one: we have an update package on our websitehttp://www.zteusa.com/boost-max-216, which is an old one, and this time we just released system update for the phone to get to Andriod Kitkat, and this update is called Gota updateing, is being sent from Google server, in that case we are not be able to post this updateing source on our webpage, constantly we input the IMEI# of all this phone model in order, the center server is releasing the update to every of the phone.

My experience: Zte says there is no update available, boost says zte is handling all update, but then boost also said that they have the update and it will only be available when it shows up as a notification on said phone. Proceed to get the run around. About tired of getting treated like I know nothing when I had to direct the boost rep to the page saying that our phone is indeed getting an update.

LISTEN EVERYONE! WE NEED AN ALL OUT ASSAULT ON BOOST AND ZTE FOR THIS UPDATE! WE DESERVE THIS UPDATE FOR THE PRICE WE PAID FOR THIS PHONE. PLEASE EVERYONE CALL ZTE AND BOOST REPEADILY
OK.

I've talked with ZTE corporate - in China - a lot.

The first flaw in your plan is believing that you will get any further than the help group in India.

The second flaw is in believing that ZTE will respond to your demands.

Their supply outlet is Boost.

Someone has to pay for updates. That starts with Boost.

The third flaw in your plan is phone-bombing the support desks.

No one at Boost getting those calls has any power to help you and neither does anybody in several levels of management above them.

At most your efforts would lead to a tele-script to handle your complaint calls.

And you'd still be asking the wrong people.

You have to contact someone in senior management and be responsible and respectful - not a message bomber - to even be heard.

And you're going to have to prepare for a negative answer.

Boost and the others like them thrive on selling phones and phone stuff.

There's no profit motive for them to rock out software updates.

Sorry but there it is.

PS * I've deleted this post appearing off-topic elsewhere.

The problem with your seemingly condescending thoughts are that 22 days ago the update was announced on boosts website. The reason we're up in arms is because we've been waiting nearly a month for it to be pushed to our phones. So please tell me how them taking so long to simply push an update has anything to do with business strategies.

The problem with your seemingly condescending thoughts are that 22 days ago the update was announced on boosts website. The reason we're up in arms is because we've been waiting nearly a month for it to be pushed to our phones. So please tell me how them taking so long to simply push an update has anything to do with business strategies.
First, chill, I was in no way being condescending. I was intervening because other mods would have been within their charter to act more harshly as this has been inappropriately cross posted and left unchecked, is using our servers to begin what could mushroom into a denial of phone service for other Boost customers while tying up their lines.

Secondly - I have had something you haven't - ZTE corporate access.

I tried to do you a favor and let you know that ZTE China is not going to listen to you.

You can get up in arms with them all you want - they outnumber you - but - it's your time to waste.

Boost corporate answers to Sprint corporate.

Their policy is hard and fixed by the legal department - no one customer facing is going to dispense valid update information.

They're not supposed to dispense any but some sometimes do talk out of their butts when they shouldn't.

Any explanation of why an update gets pulled or announced or delivered carries corporate legal liability.

So all I'm guilty of is giving danged good advice on how to get to the suits that can get to engineering AND legal - because without both, you aren't getting bupkus my friend.

Sorry but there it is.

http://devicehelp.boostmobile.com/d.../Boost_Mobile/en/Software_Updates_-_Boost_Max

I don't need ZTE corporate access because this has nothing to do with ZTE.

As far as using this forum to deny phone service to other customers, that's rich. One guy said something about "launching an assault."

We're all paying customers, we have a right to express our displeasure with how they've handled this. If they were unsure about the release of the update then they shouldn't have posted the information on their support page.

You have rights to express your displeasure.

You don't have the right to use us however you like - this is a privately owned site.

As for ZTE, I addressed the quote I made.

As for the hostile attitude towards me - best advice I can lay on you is to give it a rest.

I've been fair, not condescending, and tried to be helpful.

Your advice was, "There's nothing you can do", so no it wasn't helpful. My perceived hostility is unintentional, but thanks for making me feel welcome here(intentional).

Your advice was, "There's nothing you can do", so no it wasn't helpful. My perceived hostility is unintentional, but thanks for making me feel welcome here(intentional).
That wasn't my advice, please don't misinterpret what I said.

Any further complaint about me is off topic here, so drop me a line, my door is always open.

At the end of the day, we were promised an update which no one received. That's only fair to say, we got ripped off.

We got bamboozoled ,going out of topic here but just thought this as a neat feature of the boost max when you go to about phone where it says android version you tap on it repeatedly and you get this big jelly bean with a face tap on it again and you get a hole bunch of small jelly beans like floating around space efect and you can move them slow them down its neat try it

Back
Top Bottom