• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Release

Which operating system is better?

• Android 4.3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm back from holiday travel.

Evidently, the way I worded things was offensive. I never intended that.

I sincerely apologize.

Here's some advice for what it's worth - start a petition.

http://www.change.org/petition

There are other petition sites, whatever works.

Call out Boost and ZTE. Tweet it, Facebook it and post about it in Boost and other ZTE forums (but not general forums or threads where it's off topic - that's what generated complaints and got me involved in the first place - make new, relevant threads).

Write Boost and let them know.

Get the press on your side - try press@phandroid.com and ask them nicely to include it in their stories from the forums. Often once one outlet runs it, others will too. I can't promise Phandroid will but if you explain it clearly, they might.

Negative press gets results. It's exactly how we got HTC to give us what we wanted.

Petitions carry weight and don't involve the forums tying up support phone lines. We can cheerfully support the former but never the latter.

Hope this helps!

I could not get it to flash on my phone, stock rom nothing removed, and stock recovery. See if you can tinker with it so we can flash in custom recovery please.

I factory reset, got update package downloaded and tried to update and I'm getting an error as well. Status 7 package mismatch.

That did it. I'm upgraded now.
Screenshot_2015-01-12-20-09-04.png

For me... I went complete stock without root. I wiped data and all. Next thing I know 6 hours later I had it downloading

I uploaded the update on my drop box so anyone that's all stock no root can download it and apply it from sdcard

Any of you care to upload a nandroid of the full stock 4.4.2? Please make the nandroid BEFORE flashing PhilZ so we can get stock recovery.

I need the following 3 files from the nandroid
Code:
system.ext4.tar.a
boot.img
recovery.img

Please make sure you do not delete or modify ANY files before making the nandroid. Thanks ;)

Last edited:
I'm finally updated! The update package updated the recovery first and then tries to finish the update. I had to reflash the old stock recovery, flash the old official ZTE Rom from their site and then everything went smooth. I'm going to try and root after the college football championship game is over

I'm finally updated! The update package updated the recovery first and then tries to finish the update. I had to reflash the old stock recovery, flash the old official ZTE Rom from their site and then everything went smooth. I'm going to try and root after the college football championship game is over
Nice :) When you go through the root process, you will boot to PhilZ recovery before installing it. If you make a nandroid while booted to PhilZ but before installing PhilZ, we can get the new stock recovery as well.

Nice :) When you go through the root process, you will boot to PhilZ recovery before installing it. If you make a nandroid while booted to PhilZ but before installing PhilZ, we can get the new stock recovery as well.

When rooting, is the unbrick tool necessary? Can't I just use adb to boot philz from the bootloader?

Back
Top Bottom