• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Stickers

I was looking into doing this as well, but I was going to go through a friend for the printing. I think I was going to pay as much as you are offering them for so this is a sweet deal !!! Cant wait to get my hands on some.

I would love to see one offered that is small enough to fit on the back of our phones. I was looked into three sizes, 1 large, 1 smaller (like the small apple logo they use for kids on the backs of cars), and 1 just the right size to fit on our phones.

Will these be printed using the standard color found here:

Android | Brand Guidelines

Also, will the vinyl be this color and simply cut out, or will it actually be printed?

Thanks in Advance count me in for at least 10 or so. :D

Upvote 0
I was looking into doing this as well, but I was going to go through a friend for the printing. I think I was going to pay as much as you are offering them for so this is a sweet deal !!! Cant wait to get my hands on some.

I would love to see one offered that is small enough to fit on the back of our phones. I was looked into three sizes, 1 large, 1 smaller (like the small apple logo they use for kids on the backs of cars), and 1 just the right size to fit on our phones.

Will these be printed using the standard color found here:

Android | Brand Guidelines

Also, will the vinyl be this color and simply cut out, or will it actually be printed?

Thanks in Advance count me in for at least 10 or so. :D

Thanks ... I will try and match as close as possible. i will be making them out of cut vinyl, I may make some using digital printing with lamination so they can last longer. But the hi-performance cast vinyl I will be using last a lot longer. I will be making some small ones for the back of the phones / cases as well.

I am waiting on a case I ordered so I can have my buddy airbrush it. LOL ... I will also be making them to fit a whole door... I will post pics up as soon as I get the reflective vinyl and the glow in the dark stuff... LOL.

Upvote 0
Rob and I had a chat about this. From what we can see from here to here to here to here..

..it looks like you should be okay provided you offer reasonable attribution. Maybe "Property of google.com" real small on it, or on the packaging or ..you know, whatever. As for now we'll let it stay (but don't get spammy!). Do let us know what you hear from Google and if it IS against what you're allowed to do - remove the post immediately.

We've done what research we've required upon ourselves to do and believe you are alright - until we hear something different from Google. Of course, we are not lawyers so if we've missed something someone feel free to speak up or PM one of us.

Upvote 0
Rob and I had a chat about this. From what we can see from here to here to here to here..

..it looks like you should be okay provided you offer reasonable attribution. Maybe "Property of google.com" real small on it, or on the packaging or ..you know, whatever. As for now we'll let it stay (but don't get spammy!). Do let us know what you hear from Google and if it IS against what you're allowed to do - remove the post immediately.

We've done what research we've required upon ourselves to do and believe you are alright - until we hear something different from Google. Of course, we are not lawyers so if we've missed something someone feel free to speak up or PM one of us.

Thanks ... Yes from what me and my son have read, it seems we can make them as long as we have something saying google. We are thinking on the packaging along with a a disclaimer type of info sheet saying that the android logo design belongs to google. We are still waiting on a reply from them and I will try to contact them by phone today as well. It may be a lot of phone calls to get to the right department but I will try.

They may want to see what I plan on doing so I may have to submit designs and maybe actual stickers. If so that will take a little while but I will stay in touch with you guys, Thanks

Upvote 0
While I am waiting on the reply... I was messing with this idea to make some personalized ones with screen name underneath ... what do you guys think ??? these are just samples not the actual stickers.

The lettering would be 1.5" tall by what ever comes out in width.

Untitled.png

Upvote 0
Dude,

do you think you can make skins with these images?!?

I tried to use my own images uploaded to skinit.com or whatever but the images had white background and looked corny if you used anything other than white. I wanted it to have android guy and "with google" on the back (since mines is a non-with google). I would be VERY interested in that!

Upvote 0
Sweet! please keep us informed. Would be down for a couple of different designs. Certainly the peeing on iPhone, and a couple of custom username ones.

Cool Thanks...

hahaha, That would be awesome... I don't know if it's cost effective, but if you can make personalized stickers at a profit once the ok is in, I think its real cool...

:D

Thanks ... Yeah It will be a bit more of a process but should work out. I will try and keep them reasonably priced, I am thinking about $8.00 ea. with shipping Maybe even $10.00 but I will try and keep the cost low. The thing is that I will have the others cut and ready to get shipped as soon as they are ordered and these I will have to make as the orders come in. I will also be using the good vinyl none of the cheap stuff.

Dude,

do you think you can make skins with these images?!?

I tried to use my own images uploaded to skinit.com or whatever but the images had white background and looked corny if you used anything other than white. I wanted it to have android guy and "with google" on the back (since mines is a non-with google). I would be VERY interested in that!

That is something we are also looking into, I don't want to get to far ahead of myself with this until We get a bunch of legal stuff out of the way. Thanks for checking into our thread.

Upvote 0
What about something like this?

Well That is another idea, but I know for sure We cannot use the android wording. Plus those would have to be printed and laminated for them to last. We are going to do some using the printed method with the robot doing things like MTN biking, skateboarding, Surfing and other cool stuff. Thanks

Upvote 0
ahahahah, wow thats soo cool!!
i will seriously buy some, you got a customer!
I will put this on like all the cars at my house lol
but something that would be cool is too make some really small ones so we can put it on our phones or something, but good job man!
your ganna sell these things like nothing!
hopefully Google does allow you

Upvote 0
can you make one with a cape?

Yes ... I will make some later today or by the weekend, I have some work I have to get out.Thanks

ahahahah, wow thats soo cool!!
i will seriously buy some, you got a customer!
I will put this on like all the cars at my house lol
but something that would be cool is too make some really small ones so we can put it on our phones or something, but good job man!
your ganna sell these things like nothing!
hopefully Google does allow you

Thanks... yes I think it will be a green light. I just got a response from googles legal dept. Seems I have to submit for permission in writing. But it looks like it is for using the words google, The robot seems to be fair game.

Upvote 0
For now i think I will PM those that are interested and also put up the link to ebay here. If permitted by the forum I would like to post in a more generic area. I posted here at first because i have a sprint hero phone and is where i would come in for info. Thanks

For now i think I will PM those that are interested and also put up the link to ebay here. If permitted by the forum I would like to post in a more generic area. I posted here at first because i have a sprint hero phone and is where i would come in for info. Thanks

Well I guess we got ourselves a new thread... I will have all the final pricing here this evening.

stickers.png

My paypal is sales@inkedcity.com

if you have any questions please send me a PM

Thanks

Upvote 0
So you did get permission?

Well ... They sent me an email with a link to what I had been reading. they said if I could not find what info I needed there to send them a form. I clicked on the link and it was the same thing I had seen... I emailed back saying that as far as I could see if I understood the link correctly I was good to go... I also sent them the form and will wait. But I decided to start and sell them until further notice.

I been messing around with the small stickers...

Picture420.jpg

Picture416.jpg

I cut this from the small ones that will come in the 4-pack

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones