• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any sandwich lovers here?

My favorite chain:
FPO_home_flash.jpg

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
A local favorite from years ago was a capicola black sub from a local sub place called the grinder man. It was selling subs long before they were popular. Capicola is a cured spiced ham from the upper shoulder/neck of a pig. This establishment served it cured in whine, salt, and black pepper corns and then smoked and aged for half a year. The meat was to die for. Alas, the sandwich and the establishment went away years ago.

Upvote 0
Is Wall*mart evil?

Nuff said :p
ummmmm wrong thread?;):D or are you saying that since walmart is evil, having a dream about the #19 pastrami sandwich from Langer's is bad as well?:p

A local favorite from years ago was a capicola black sub from a local sub place called the grinder man. It was selling subs long before they were popular. Capicola is a cured spiced ham from the upper shoulder/neck of a pig. This establishment served it cured in whine, salt, and black pepper corns and then smoked and aged for half a year. The meat was to die for. Alas, the sandwich and the establishment went away years ago.

i never had capicola handmade like that. i only have had it from certain deli's and i doubt that they handmade them. sounds divine.....LOL

Upvote 0
i never had capicola handmade like that. i only have had it from certain deli's and i doubt that they handmade them. sounds divine.....LOL

The bread they used was typical.. nothing that special really. Their topping options were what you would expect.. always fresh and crisp but again nothing out of the ordinary. What made the sandwich was the meat. I've never had anything like it. One taste made all other sandwich meats taste like oscar mayer bologna or less.

I think the guy that owned the shop was German. It was just a hole in the wall place but clean. His second store was a converted trolley car and was a fun eating experience. He grew his business and had multiple shops about town but when the subways and the quiznos and other franchised sub shops hit town.. he went under. :(

As franchise sandwiches go... I guess my favorite is Schlotzsky's. They make a great reuben sandwich... it's all about the bread. :)
images

Upvote 0
I can feel my arteries hardening just looking at this thread!

But there are some nice looking sandwiches though. Over here where I live in the UK it's quite hard to get a deep fill sandwich like the ones you post, which is a shame. A few places try to do it but none of them really have it right. Best place I found was a sandwich shop in Santa Monica when I was last over in the US. I miss California...

Upvote 0
I can feel my arteries hardening just looking at this thread!

But there are some nice looking sandwiches though. Over here where I live in the UK it's quite hard to get a deep fill sandwich like the ones you post, which is a shame. A few places try to do it but none of them really have it right. Best place I found was a sandwich shop in Santa Monica when I was last over in the US. I miss California...

well if you ever are in LA again, you have to visit Langer's and get the #19. i guarantee you will never regret ordering it!!!!

i'm still having dreams about that sandwich:eek:

Upvote 0
grilled peanut butter and jelly

and..
ok Don't knock it till you've tried it..because they are delicious
we call it an olive sandwich...my grandmother used to make these and then my mother.. and now me:) and anyone I have ever made one for...even if they don't like olives so much ..love's this sandwich!..it's just something about the combination of the ingredients together...soooo good

green olives stuffed with pimento
walnuts
mayo or I prefer miracle whip..for this particular sandwich
hearty wheat bread

just chop even amount of the olives(drained) and walnuts together ..not too fine though.. I use an old hand chopper..fold in the the miracle whip (kind of like a tuna sammy) spread on wheat bread and enjoy

(I think the mixture is even better the next day)

Upvote 0
My sandwiches consist of turkey, ham, and beef, with marble jack and swiss cheese on a multigrain bread that I get thats called "healthy choice" and I love them! haha
The breakfast sandwiches I make are pretty good too! haha whenever I go the grocery store that has a restaurant in it I always order what I need haha
2 eggs scrambled 2 sausage (patties which are made fresh in the meat dept there) hashbrowns and white toast. When it gets brought out to me, I put mixed fruit jelly on the toast and ketchup in the hashbrowns, then i put a layer of hashbrowns down on the toast, then egg, then sausage.. somehow the ketchup and jelly go together so well I came up with it one day because I was in a rush to eat and get out and now I do it pretty much every time i get breakfast there haha

Upvote 0
My sandwiches consist of turkey, ham, and beef, with marble jack and swiss cheese on a multigrain bread that I get thats called "healthy choice" and I love them! haha
The breakfast sandwiches I make are pretty good too! haha whenever I go the grocery store that has a restaurant in it I always order what I need haha
2 eggs scrambled 2 sausage (patties which are made fresh in the meat dept there) hashbrowns and white toast. When it gets brought out to me, I put mixed fruit jelly on the toast and ketchup in the hashbrowns, then i put a layer of hashbrowns down on the toast, then egg, then sausage.. somehow the ketchup and jelly go together so well I came up with it one day because I was in a rush to eat and get out and now I do it pretty much every time i get breakfast there haha

Ketchup and jelly is a common combination for cocktail meatballs. So I can see it working on this as well. :)

Upvote 0
Hot, thin sliced roast beef with BBQ sauce on Rye.

Jamon Iberico & Manchego on Pan Integral (Posh Spanish Ham & Cheese on Wholemeal).
One of the Beach front Cafes in Torrevieja does one to die for. Perfect on a hot summer's day with an icy cool beer.
man that spanish sandwich sounds devine!!!!!:eating: could you send me here in the states?:D

love a good banh mi! katsu sandwich mmmmmmm

you know i never had a vietnamese sandwich before let alone go to a vietnamese restaurant yet. i have to try one of those some day.

Upvote 0
Is a hotdogs a sandwich or what? I prefer them on a bun. How'd the US Midwest get a baked bean and potato salad hotdog on a roll?
Do you even put condiments on that?
well to me a hotdog is its own thing. technically Merriam-Webster's definition of a sandwich is "two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between".......so technically yes a hotdog is a sandwich.

but to me i will never call it that. a hotdog is a hotdog no matter how you look at it.

here is an interesting article explaining the history of hotdogs.....who would have thought that hotdogs have a history...LOL
https://www.allrecipes.com/article/is-a-hot-dog-a-sandwich/

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones