• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Pre-order - shipping - received discussion thread

Where did you order your AT&T Note 2 from?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mine arrived at 10:18am EST.

However, I think I am going to return it and go with the S3. My fiance ordered it for me without me ever even playing with the size of the Note I.
After trying the Note I yesterday, I don't think I could get used to a 5.55 inch screen.

S3 is still an upgrade over my iPhone 4!

When did you order?

11-2 but was canceled 11-5 because I wanted it sent to my work, which is in another state (only 15 min from home) I reordered 11-5 with delivery address the same as billing, it went through.

What stinks is the local store has them, & I can't get one, I already tried ... it's gonna be a long weekend.

Mine arrived at 10:18am EST.

However, I think I am going to return it and go with the S3. My fiance ordered it for me without me ever even playing with the size of the Note I.
After trying the Note I yesterday, I don't think I could get used to a 5.55 inch screen.

S3 is still an upgrade over my iPhone 4!

Give it 2 weeks (you have 30 days) and I'm 90% sure you will change your mind and keep it; if not the SGSIII is a great phone and I will be getting my wife one soon. As for the size of the Note, I thought the same thing with my Note 1 and as you can see I'm now getting the Note 2. So far everyone I know that got the Note 1 and waited 2 weeks to take it back, kept it.

Well ... I hope the rest of you enjoy your phones ;)

Expected Delivery By:
November 13, 2012
Delivery Confirmation™

:mad:

THAT JUST SUCKS; I would be going insane!!!

I would call AT&T, tell them you are veru upset by this and because of the delay (since you did pre-order it and it said scheduled to ship on the 6th on the website) you want the activation fees waved. If the FedEx site originally said today; raise heck and get something.

Got mines at11:30 was suppose to b here at 4:30 a very happy surprise, love this phone forgetting all bout my iPhone, those of u still waiting its worth the wait good luck.

As expected, FedEx has delivered my package to another address. I was keeping an eye on the progress of my package and saw that it was delivered to a corporation! I immediately ran out the house and tracked down the driver for my area and indeed he said he accidentally delivered it to the wrong address. Now I'm awaiting him to bring my package to me. This is why I choose to never use FedEx! They have lost previous packages sent to me, I have yet to ( knock on wood) lose a package from UPS.

i have to go pick up my note sice the carrier left before my phone came its either that or wait till monday so i will gladly take the 30 minute drive ;)

Thankyou AT&T
I ordered on 10/26 its Friday 11/9 at 3:40pm the mail just came and NO phone. I had planned on going out of town in the morning but now will be setting here waiting on the mail.

Expected Delivery by
November 9, 2012
is what usps tracking shows

As expected, FedEx has delivered my package to another address. I was keeping an eye on the progress of my package and saw that it was delivered to a corporation! I immediately ran out the house and tracked down the driver for my area and indeed he said he accidentally delivered it to the wrong address. Now I'm awaiting him to bring my package to me. This is why I choose to never use FedEx! They have lost previous packages sent to me, I have yet to ( knock on wood) lose a package from UPS.
So did he bring it to you?
Thankyou AT&T
I ordered on 10/26 its Friday 11/9 at 3:40pm the mail just came and NO phone. I had planned on going out of town in the morning but now will be setting here waiting on the mail.

I thought you were going to say it arrived. Was your delivery slated for today?

Boom!!!
ajy4yba4.jpg

Its past the time the US Postal service typically makes deliveries

So I'm bummed.

Might have to track it down / file a claim

EDIT:

Tracked it down - my neighbor had it!

picked mine up this afternoon from my building. i was not planning on opening it because I want to try it out in stores first to see if I could get used to the size.
the seal arrived broken and has a piece of scotch tape over it to hold it shut.
what the hell! now I am going to get charged by ATT the restocking fee if I return it.

I ordered on 10/24 and mine arrived while I was at lunch. I've got to say never having had this much real android (Nook Tablet rooted until blocked by Barnes and Noble). This phone has a LOT of options and will take a lot more customizing to get it to where I want it. With Apple I was just screwed if I didn't like what I was offered.

My only concern thus far is I noticed that if I was in certain apps when I got a phone call that it would not ring on the phone and would eventually go to voicemail. That's a serious problem. I also do not like that the screen shows oil from skin much worse than I noticed with my Iphone with an otterbox case on it. That said once I get the Otterbox that should be a non-issue and I don't recall ever using the iphone without the case so I don't recall if it was the same. I'm at work and haven't had a chance to put it through the paces but I loaded one video online to see how it loaded compared to the iphone and the Iphone 4 screen appeared clearer on the same video. It is FAST, REALLY FAST!!! It may have been due to size but there's no telling. It could have been a buffering issue too. All in all. I love this phone and will like it more once I'm used to it. Very impressed so far. I think once I've had more experience with android that these concerns will all be addressed.

Its past the time the US Postal service typically makes deliveries

So I'm bummed.

Might have to track it down / file a claim

EDIT:

Tracked it down - my neighbor had it!
Damn, glad you had an honest neighbor!!!

Mine was delivered but still at work so need to go home to pick it up.. :(

picked mine up this afternoon from my building. i was not planning on opening it because I want to try it out in stores first to see if I could get used to the size.
the seal arrived broken and has a piece of scotch tape over it to hold it shut.
what the hell! now I am going to get charged by ATT the restocking fee if I return it.
I was a bit spooked as well, since I could not locate the actual SIM card.

it appears AT&T pre-installs the SIM card prior to shipping.

As I mentioned elsewhere - I removed the SIM card, and intend to fully check out all features of the phone on Wi-FI alone for a few days - minus the AT&T Network required functions.

Essentially use it as a PDA until I get comfortable with the OS.

This is my first Android phone, but looking forward to ditch the iPhone (re-designate it as an IOS Music Creation Tool).

The Galaxy Note 2 makes me want to practice a thick Aussie accent "ala" Crocodile Dundee and tell everybody:

"Ya call that a Phone?"
(then whip out the Galaxy Note 2 and shout: )

"HERE"S A PHONE!"

Got mine a few hours ago and have been tinkering non stop. There's definitely a learning curve coming from iOS, but I think I'll get a hang soon enough. My box seal was also open when I open the box from the mail. I can understand that they put the SIM in but why didn't they seal it back up. Odd.

Quick question for anyone who uses an Mac. What is a good program to download that'll allow me to access the internal SD card on the phone. Maybe i'm not using Kies properly, but there should be an easier way to transfer files directly.

Got mine a few hours ago and have been tinkering non stop. There's definitely a learning curve coming from iOS, but I think I'll get a hang soon enough. My box seal was also open when I open the box from the mail. I can understand that they put the SIM in but why didn't they seal it back up. Odd.

Quick question for anyone who uses an Mac. What is a good program to download that'll allow me to access the internal SD card on the phone. Maybe i'm not using Kies properly, but there should be an easier way to transfer files directly.

If you plug your phone into the computer with a USB cable, it should just show up in whatever mac's version of "My Computer" is as a storage device (the phone) and a USB mass storage (the SD card)

What is a good program to download that'll allow me to access the internal SD card on the phone.
Well - there's always the choice of simply removing the microSD card and placing it in a SD card adapter / USB reader and do File I/O directly to the card with a Mac.

But OSX Macs tend to leave their own very small "hidden" Index files on any FAT drive they touch.
When plugging a USB stick into a Mac, OS X creates a number of hidden files on the stick, including a Spotlight index and Trash folder.
Here's how to prevent that:
http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...light-and-trash-files-to-memory-cards-and-usb

and other tips
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1924382

If you plug your phone into the computer with a USB cable, it should just show up in whatever mac's version of "My Computer" is as a storage device (the phone) and a USB mass storage (the SD card)

That's how I assumed it would work, but it nots popping up.

Well - there's always the choice of simply removing the microSD card and placing it in a SD card adapter / USB reader and do File I/O directly to the card with a Mac.

But OSX Macs tend to leave their own very small Index files on any FAT drive they touch.
Here's how to prevent that:
osx - How to stop OS X from writing Spotlight and Trash files to memory cards and USB sticks? - Ask Different

Thanks folks, I'll take a look at this stuff when I get back from the gym and see if I can get it figured out.

Back
Top Bottom