• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Awesome Android Update 4 Released

Keep in mind that it's summer and all devices tend to overheat much more quickly. Most are hardwired to reboot at a certain temp to avoid damage.

2 questions. 1, What is in this stupid update that everybody is going crazy over, and 2, who is this boss that cares so much about a feature of a phone that barely anyone owns? This whole thing is completely ridiculous.

2 questions. 1, What is in this stupid update that everybody is going crazy over, and 2, who is this boss that cares so much about a feature of a phone that barely anyone owns? This whole thing is completely ridiculous.

he is known only as the man, and hes trying to keep us down... as far as what the update actually did i dont even remember anymore lol

1- That info is in his OP, plus he mentioned something about adding another modification or two we could use in his re-release of update #4. Most ppl running his ROM are looking forward to his final release saying "it's finished!" I know I am! :D As for #2.. I dunno either. If u read backwards in the thread a little, he said he was now a (full-time?) Dev for someone... :beer::cool:

Tether and hotshot can be achieved by apps, vvm and 611 are stock features. I don't understand it. In my personal honest opinion, unless the boss is Google, zte, boost, or sprint, I don't see how he has any say in the matter whatsoever. But that's just my opinion

The reason i cannot release Update 4 and the reason my "Boss" has the say so is because i'm bound by a client confidentiality form that i signed when i got hired as a developer. once the rom and/or the phone gets released on the new carrier i should be able to release it but only at my bosses sole discretion. Should i break this confidentiality agreement i could lose the client as a customer. I realize android is open source but the mods i do are for a carrier therefore it is the carriers decision on what can be released.

As for 611 if you factory reset and dial 611 it will open boost zone, my mod bypassed that it was one of the clients requests. that was one of the main reasons update 4 got pulled. In addition i had removed all of the stock preloaded contacts per the clients request which was also in the rom.

I hope you guys understand.

no we do (insert whip sound) lol nah its good man you got a job to do, all i wanna know is what kinda half assed carrier wants to debrand a sequent? but yea if someone else wanted to figure it all out though... you guys are more than welcome, shin is sadly gonna be legally bound by that contract for a bit but nobody can blame him for getting paid to do what he does, we certainly werent payin the bills

How do I change & remove my stock camera/gallery for another one AND have it connect w/ Google sync/account on your ROM or any others if I choose. Titanium backup doesn't show the stock camera app, just the gallery... I wanna use JB+ camera by moblynx cuz it's very similar to the one u put in your AA ROM, but with a few more options (except photosphere - I dunno how to use):confused:

It only just occurred to me that this is the only rom I can limit background processes lol..
Making the switch back to AA ;)

It only just occurred to me that this is the only rom I can limit background processes lol..
Making the switch back to AA ;)

Yes. Ur right too. But it resets after a reboot for some reason... But it's my fave ROM too. Great work, actually...

i will have to look into it, been a while since i turned the phone on. as for the camera in my rom the camera and gallery are actually the same app! thats why i chose it to save on space. just delete the gallery and install a new gallery/camera and it should work. as for connecting with google you would need to check with the app developer.

I ported the options and unlocked limit background process and all the other extra dev options my rom has :)

Back
Top Bottom