• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beats Audio on LG Connect WORKING! (Now with Visual Proof!!!)

Got proof and results for you all to see. Hopefully this will help people realize there's no sense in trying to stir a debate over something that they have no knowledge in.
All settings remained the same, and untouched, and while the audio is SLIGHTLY off sync, anyone with common sense can tell where they're suppose to match up, and see the difference in audio response.
Glad to have been of assistance :D

Good job on finally proving this mod true, beats is a decent equalizer ;)

Upvote 0
Any way to turn beats off/on? I been reading and seems the only way is as a dsp?

i am sure that a way to do that could exist if it were coded into the core of the dsp where android calls it for activation and trigger a request for response but i couldnt do it. as for another way the stock player on connect doesnt use it other players (poweramp i onow for sure) are coded to use it if its libs exist so yeah. would explain further but am at hotel on phone atm.

Upvote 0
is there a way to see if it really made a difference with a tool or something, I'm really curious to see if this works with the speakers Dolby does amazing with the headphones I'm more interested in the speakers.

uhm...there is visual proof in the main post and as for whether the phones speaker would sound different probably not. its a half watt piece of junk on an 8ohm trans so it cant even play stock good as a flat eq let alone something designed to give deeper drops on hz levels lower than 25. that would just reduce volume on the audio because it cant push what the software is trying to make it.

Upvote 0
Ok, I'm a little late coming in on this but I just downloaded version 5.1 two days ago. I am a music freak. I play 5 instruments, all self taught. I don't need to do any type of testing to know if this works, my ears work just fine...bionic nearly. I use Neutron music player and it has a built in equalizer, Beats works great using Neurton, stock, without any kind of speakers, if I have my sony phone speakers hooked up to it or if I hook up my external laptop speakers to it.There is a big difference....to my ears at least. Then again, I hear music differently than most people. This is one download I'm glad I did. I have another one I'm checking out and if it turns out it works, I'll post. (not music)

Upvote 0
Ok, I'm a little late coming in on this but I just downloaded version 5.1 two days ago. I am a music freak. I play 5 instruments, all self taught. I don't need to do any type of testing to know if this works, my ears work just fine...bionic nearly. I use Neutron music player and it has a built in equalizer, Beats works great using Neurton, stock, without any kind of speakers, if I have my sony phone speakers hooked up to it or if I hook up my external laptop speakers to it.There is a big difference....to my ears at least. Then again, I hear music differently than most people. This is one download I'm glad I did. I have another one I'm checking out and if it turns out it works, I'll post. (not music)
The biggest debate isnt if it works or not, its that its no better than anything else readily available and alot simpler to install. ;)

Upvote 0

You mean v 2.1? Did you just get it off the play store?

Upvote 0
hmmm, I know the thread has been dead for awhile, that is why I said, I know I'm late coming into the game. I posted it on this thread because why start a new one? Plus, I said 5.1 because I meant 5.1. I will admit this stupid brain does make me get easily confused but I got my download from xda and it clearly said BeatsAudio5.1 I actually just copied and pasted that I didn't type it myself. It's a zip and much easier can you get to install? You just flash it through cwm. I think a lot of people are just nay sayers because they can't actually SEE anything on their phones that say beatsaudio. Whatever. I was just saying what I thought about the situation. I thought my sound was pretty decent before.....especially coming off that horrific sound on the admire. Now it's fantaboulous and I'm happy.

Upvote 0
hmmm, I know the thread has been dead for awhile, that is why I said, I know I'm late coming into the game. I posted it on this thread because why start a new one? Plus, I said 5.1 because I meant 5.1. I will admit this stupid brain does make me get easily confused but I got my download from xda and it clearly said BeatsAudio5.1 I actually just copied and pasted that I didn't type it myself. It's a zip and much easier can you get to install? You just flash it through cwm. I think a lot of people are just nay sayers because they can't actually SEE anything on their phones that say beatsaudio. Whatever. I was just saying what I thought about the situation. I thought my sound was pretty decent before.....especially coming off that horrific sound on the admire. Now it's fantaboulous and I'm happy.

You should have heard the ascend. Only stock headphones work via the 2.5 (yes, 2.5)mm Jack.

Upvote 0

I wasnt talking about you in my last post, nothing wrong with reviving a relevant thread. i was talking to the person I quoted because none of the recent posts were talking bad about the mod and he just kinda complained

Upvote 0
Oh, I was just trying to cover all the replies in one post so nobody misunderstood what I was trying to say. When I said that it wasn't so much at you but just in general in case anyone got the idea you were saying that to me. Basically when I posted, I was just happy and wanted to share. It's really sad when there are people that want to doubt instead of asking, "how"? Or they could just say, "I'm glad it works for you, it doesn't for me" and leave it at that. It's really that simple.

Anna

Upvote 0
You mean v 2.1? Did you just get it off the play store?

Ok, when he said this, I thought, hmm, there is beats in the playstore? Not exactly, but there a program that installs drivers. Since I had to reroot my phone today I downloaded the drivers before I flashed the zip back. Honestly, I'm having some trouble with my audio when I have speakers hooked up to it, but it is divine when it's just regular.

anna

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones