• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] ICON rom V2.0 * released 10/16/12 *

Ive tried out all the roms for the warp and i have to say that this rom, by far, is the best! Its fast and reliable and has a few tweaks but not too many which i believe is the cause of some of the problems on other roms. This rom is the best thing that came out for this phone since the dial tone! Thank you mhannah333. You did a marvelous job with this rom. Ps if you have any updates for this, could you incorporate ota?

Reactions: albanymike
Upvote 0
Ive tried out all the roms for the warp and i have to say that this rom, by far, is the best! Its fast and reliable and has a few tweaks but not too many which i believe is the cause of some of the problems on other roms. This rom is the best thing that came out for this phone since the dial tone! Thank you mhannah333. You did a marvelous job with this rom. Ps if you have any updates for this, could you incorporate ota?

Ill definately incorporate ota for future updates. Im glad you enjoy the rom. Thank you!. any ideas for future updates anyone? Apps, wallpapers, tweaks, ???

Reactions: albanymike
Upvote 0
Code:
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/bin/busybox-installer");
          run_program("/sbin/sh", "/system/bin/busybox-installer");
          delete("/system/bin/busybox-installer");

Something like that, I think, would install it...I could be wrong though. its either /system/bin or /system/xbin...I'd have to do some searching for this, but that's the basic idea of it I think.

Upvote 0
Code:
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/bin/busybox-installer");
          run_program("/sbin/sh", "/system/bin/busybox-installer");
          delete("/system/bin/busybox-installer");

Something like that, I think, would install it...I could be wrong though. its either /system/bin or /system/xbin...I'd have to do some searching for this, but that's the basic idea of it I think.

Yes thats in the busybox installer update script.. i tried that and it didnt work. When i added that to my update script and flash the rom it wouldnt recognize busybox. Now that i think about it that may work if i insall busybox at first boot..

Upvote 0
[QUOTE. =Shitididit2;4919397]The battery charging just shows a little red at bottom of battery on notification bar, should it animate while charging or just sit still? I really like the Theme Effects, real futuristic. I kinda liked having the toggles on notification bar but that's okay. Looking forward to seeing your own "Personal boot Animation" it'll probably rank out in the top 10. :)[/QUOTE]

Battery charging should be animated.. i just checked mine and having the same issue. Ill send you an update. Anyone else want it pm me otherwise ill include it in the next major update.

Edit: boot animation will be in the next update. I already started working on it. It will be a bunch of the icons and buttons you already see vacuumed into the zte warp along with shiny dust paticles and bits and then the screen on the phone will flash the logo "ICONrom"

Upvote 0
Did you change the script to say xbin then?

Yea but i didnt add the busybox installer package. You would think if youve already installed busybox then create a flashable zip to install your rom that it should stick. Im looking into an update script from one of the other roms and see if i can piece something together

Upvote 0
Ill definately incorporate ota for future updates. Im glad you enjoy the rom. Thank you!. any ideas for future updates anyone? Apps, wallpapers, tweaks, ???

May we get back notification swipe? :) On a bad note I still cant select any keyboards because the check box for them wont stay checked in settings. We call them sticky checkboxes round these parts and they suck. Ask Apollostar what he did to fix this issue on his rom and put out a fix please? I hate tip tapping on stock keyboards. :(

Upvote 0
May we get back notification swipe? :) On a bad note I still cant select any keyboards because the check box for them wont stay checked in settings. We call them sticky checkboxes round these parts and they suck. Ask Apollostar what he did to fix this issue on his rom and put out a fix please? I hate tip tapping on stock keyboards. :(

Which keyboard are you using? I just installed. SwiftKey. And it stuck perfectly. As it did before

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones