• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Which ROM would you consider the best to date

sb43

Android Expert
I know everybody is somewhat biased, but if you were to rate one, which would you choose? And consider stability, speed, and reliability.
I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, just asking. All of you dev's , and your roms have OUTSTANDING QUALITIES!
You guy's talk to each other, and learn from each other. But if you were to pick one...... (to date if you like).
Just asking.

Tough question. Each honestly has its ups and downs. I'd have to say that WOEM is likely to be the highest benching rom currently active. Alienwarp is most likely the most extensively themed, Halo will most likely make you forget that your warp is running gingerbread, and in order to keep things objective as the dev for DroidSmith, I can't really review it.

Tough question. Each honestly has its ups and downs. I'd have to say that WOEM is likely to be the highest benching rom currently active. Alienwarp is most likely the most extensively themed, Halo will most likely make you forget that your warp is running gingerbread, and in order to keep things objective as the dev for DroidSmith, I can't really review it.
I agree. WOEM has been my staple. I like Halo, and Droidsmith, but OEM keeps drawing me back....????

DS is pretty sweet, Noob and CT are pretty damn good as well and of course I'm dying for CM10 to be ready to become my daily but running CT with Warp Jelly will suffice for now :D

Also a big fan of the Nexus V2 and Cyanoid ROM's.

Gonna have to go with WOEM, although I have been happy with several others too. Noob rocks, Shin's was my cherry, I kept ICON for EVER! SK was and CM is looking great! But for my daily driver, I know WOEM is fast, reliable and has the features I need working correctly! But I am actually getting ready to try Halo right now - since I haven't yet :) And Jim, thanks for everything you have shared! Your ROM is slick too! Now, for my opinion on the WORST ROM EVER!!!! Stock!!! Constant FC, battery pulls, sms and mms issues!!! I almost threw the phone out... then I found these forums and the incredible devs here! Thank you all!!! You have inspired me to learn android development. Not saying I'm good, but I'm an old skool 'bug finder' from the DOS days, and I just started tearing into smali files ;) Thanks to you all for your knowledge and inspiration!

Gonna have to go with WOEM, although I have been happy with several others too. Noob rocks, Shin's was my cherry, I kept ICON for EVER! SK was and CM is looking great! But for my daily driver, I know WOEM is fast, reliable and has the features I need working correctly! But I am actually getting ready to try Halo right now - since I haven't yet :) And Jim, thanks for everything you have shared! Your ROM is slick too! Now, for my opinion on the WORST ROM EVER!!!! Stock!!! Constant FC, battery pulls, sms and mms issues!!! I almost threw the phone out... then I found these forums and the incredible devs here! Thank you all!!! You have inspired me to learn android development. Not saying I'm good, but I'm an old skool 'bug finder' from the DOS days, and I just started tearing into smali files ;) Thanks to you all for your knowledge and inspiration!

A fellow DOS guy! :D

A fellow DOS guy! :D

You know it Mr Carriage Return... ;)

Ya know, that GOSUB joke I made a while back should have been a clue LOL

Started in 6th grade with Apple basic. Then DOS... eventually stuck with web based once it caught on (ya know, the whole getting paid thing) Now trying to learn Android development in my spare time LOL but it's fun and I would like to eventually be able to give something substantial back to the community... for now, I'll beta test and pick code apart when people are looking for errors. And learn, of course...

Windows me!!!!!!!!!!!lol

ROFLcopter!!!

Seriously, though, I freaking loved Windows ME when I had my old 667MHz E-Machine. So much so that I extracted it from the factory restore disks (installation authentication wasn't that strong back in the day lol) and modded it to be slim, fast and efficient... completely modded the system settings to increase performance and cut down bloat - and boy, was there a lot of it - then customized the interface, added in third party apps and gave it a customized boot screen mimicking that of Windows XP. When it was all said and done, my version booted in about one fourth the time of the factory copy and let you run the system at full-throttle, not even attempting to crash when you opened dozens of processes at once. I had a friend over once and when he sat down at my computer, asked me, "Dude, is this Win2K?" I was beaming :D In fact, I still have the Norton Ghost image file of what I called Windows ME Custom on my hard drive.

Now that I think of it, I basically made then what I might now call E-Machine OEM!

ROFLcopter!!!

Seriously, though, I freaking loved Windows ME when I had my old 667MHz E-Machine. So much so that I extracted it from the factory restore disks (installation authentication wasn't that strong back in the day lol) and modded it to be slim, fast and efficient... completely modded the system settings to increase performance and cut down bloat - and boy, was there a lot of it - then customized the interface, added in third party apps and gave it a customized boot screen mimicking that of Windows XP. When it was all said and done, my version booted in about one fourth the time of the factory copy and let you run the system at full-throttle, not even attempting to crash when you opened dozens of processes at once. I had a friend over once and when he sat down at my computer, asked me, "Dude, is this Win2K?" I was beaming :D In fact, I still have the Norton Ghost image file of what I called Windows ME Custom on my hard drive.

Now that I think of it, I basically made then what I might now call E-Machine OEM!

My Windows ME never booted... before bootloop, we had BSOD...

You know it Mr Carriage Return... ;)

Ya know, that GOSUB joke I made a while back should have been a clue LOL

Started in 6th grade with Apple basic. Then DOS... eventually stuck with web based once it caught on (ya know, the whole getting paid thing) Now trying to learn Android development in my spare time LOL but it's fun and I would like to eventually be able to give something substantial back to the community... for now, I'll beta test and pick code apart when people are looking for errors. And learn, of course...

Lol! I did pick up on that a bit at the time :)

There's just something about DOS that keeps bringing me back. It's simple, powerful and doesn't waste time. It comes up, sits there, and waits for orders; quiet and potent. No flashy animations, no sound effects, nothing :)

As big a DOS freak as I was back in the day, I couldn't help but be drawn to the FreeDOS project when I learned of it a while back, where I'm working on a BASIC compiler and a GUI to add to that project as well :)

P.S. Sorry, Scott, for derailing the thread! I'll shut up now lol

I like CTMod. Except i am having lag issues latel :( OEM was my first and still one of my faves. Super fast :)

I kinda want to do a bo8c rom after I update halo. I know it sounds silly, but it was a rock, and I see no benefit of b10g lol.

I like CTMod. Except i am having lag issues latel :( OEM was my first and still one of my faves. Super fast :)

I kinda want to do a bo8c rom after I update halo. I know it sounds silly, but it was a rock, and I see no benefit of b10g lol.

I contemplated using PMI b07 as a base

I contemplated using PMI b07 as a base

Screw it why not? I mean it's not a new gingerbread like 2.3.7 we are getting, it's justmore fluff from ZTE which never fixes anything, but for sure brings the bloat up and complicates the rom building and bug fixing process.

Have they EVER fixed a relevant bug in ANY update? Nope.

So why bother? We have managed to fix them ourselves and they never even bother to steal our ideas and implement them into their own updates. Often times they are a matter of one simple word, character or line of code.

I think I'm going to drop a B08c. Screeeeew it! lol.

Screw it why not? I mean it's not a new gingerbread like 2.3.7 we are getting, it's justmore fluff from ZTE which never fixes anything, but for sure brings the bloat up and complicates the rom building and bug fixing process.

Have they EVER fixed a relevant bug in ANY update? Nope.

So why bother? We have managed to fix them ourselves and they never even bother to steal our ideas and implement them into their own updates. Often times they are a matter of one simple word, character or line of code.

I think I'm going to drop a B08c. Screeeeew it! lol.

It did have better all around performance. Try pmi b07. Its performs even better than boost b08c. No that smartmanvartan as created his ports for boost roms on pmi, bringing pmi to boost would be a snap.

Any chance we can get our three or four favorite devs to make one rom OEM HALO SMITH V1.with a touch of jelly because Im tired of Switching roms so much because they r all greeeat lol

I would like a rom like WarpOEM, but basic generic theme (b/w - gray tones) and separate themes to flash (just the same but different colors for example), so the basic things in an small file to flash.

I like halo purple for my wife and Warp OEM current theme for me and but everyone should be happy:D:D:D

The last 4 with the B10 base are fantastic!!
Alienwarp, Droidsmith, Halo, Warp OEM.

noobVIII.II and CTMod 3.80 Are great also.

Back
Top Bottom