• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Which ROM would you consider the best to date

It kinda sounds like A Smith Touch Of Iced Warp OEM with Cream and Halo Jelly to me... it can be a dessert :D

I dare someone to walk into a Starbucks and order this :D

Any takers? :P

Sooooo, I just happen to be at a Starbucks using their wi-fi and I come across this challenge. I took it.

Aside from being looked at like I have a pen*s attached to my forehead, they didn't think it was all that funny. One girl asked the other girl who asked the guy....

"Do we even have that?" .... "Sir, we don't have that! Can I get you something else??"

"No, I had my heart set on it.... thx anyway!!"

Sooooo, I just happen to be at a Starbucks using their wi-fi and I come across this challenge. I took it.

Aside from being looked at like I have a pen*s attached to my forehead, they didn't think it was all that funny. One girl asked the other girl who asked the guy....

"Do we even have that?" .... "Sir, we don't have that! Can I get you something else??"

Very nice! :p

YOU. ARE. AWESOME.

:adore: :D

Thanks guys! Had so many of you devs helping me out with my phone and stuff.... saw a small opportunity to say thanks and jumped on it!!

Plus, I had fun doing it too! You'd be surprised how hard it is to keep a straight face repeating that "order" 3 times!

Thanks guys! Had so many of you devs helping me out with my phone and stuff.... saw a small opportunity to say thanks and jumped on it!!

Plus, I had fun doing it too! You'd be surprised how hard it is to keep a straight face repeating that "order" 3 times!

I was wondering that! Like... how did he not bust out laughing?!

Based on this thread I installed Warp OEM 2.53 which is working great. It seems fast and stable. That said, before I start re-installing everything I need, what do the other ROMs offer over Warp OEM? I guess I'm unsure why there are so many options? Is each one the authors pet project? Either way, thanks to all of the authors hard work!

Other than being faster and more stable, do custom ROMs offer anything else over stock? I can't seem to get apps working that did not work before, so no change there.

Thanks again everyone!

Other than being faster and more stable, do custom ROMs offer anything else over stock? I can't seem to get apps working that did not work before, so no change there.
Thanks again everyone!

Yes, and a lot of it is under the hood, so to speak.:)

Some apps are not compatible with GB:(

Chrome browser for instance;)

Based on this thread I installed Warp OEM 2.53 which is working great. It seems fast and stable. That said, before I start re-installing everything I need, what do the other ROMs offer over Warp OEM? I guess I'm unsure why there are so many options? Is each one the authors pet project? Either way, thanks to all of the authors hard work!

Thanks again everyone!

You pretty much got it - each ROM is its respective author's vision for how the phone should be. :)

Custom ROMs offer a blend of benefits, some being an updated look and feel, added features such as built-in wifi tethering, automatic media mounting, not to mention vastly increased speed and security and other things usually only found in newer versions of Android. Also, we custom ROM developers usually omit all the excess applications which most folks never use or want from our ROMs, freeing up more processor speed for the apps you do want and more space for your data.

That all said, thanks for using my ROM and I hope you enjoy! :)

Thanks again everyone!

You pretty much got it - each ROM is its respective author's vision for how the phone should be. :)

Custom ROMs offer a blend of benefits, some being an updated look and feel, added features such as built-in wifi tethering, automatic media mounting, not to mention vastly increased speed and security and other things usually only found in newer versions of Android. Also, we custom ROM developers usually omit all the excess applications which most folks never use or want from our ROMs, freeing up more processor speed for the apps you do want and more space for your data.

That all said, thanks for using my ROM and I hope you enjoy! :)

You forgot themes ;):o:):D:rolleyes:

After testing, and running most roms we have here, Right now WarpOEM is pretty much the top rom available. Halo is a close second, only because it needs wi-fi hotspot and usb tethering!!
Droidsmith is a rock solid green diamond in the rough!! Perfect little rom, I enjoyed that one a lot.!!

Back
Top Bottom