• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Wife's Warp Gone Crazy!

Reactions: belsta and sb43
Upvote 0
I try to go into CWM recovery, and it just jumps all over the place. I can't scroll down to wipe or anything. I want to Flash (install) TWRP. But it's going nut's. Can I flash a zip without going into recovery mode? If so, how do I do it?:mad:

cwm is doing weird things to my warp too..definitely try what lil suggested. it should do the trick. you could also try returning the phone to stock with zte warp tool, then flashing twrp over it.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
I try to go into CWM recovery, and it just jumps all over the place. I can't scroll down to wipe or anything. I want to Flash (install) TWRP. But it's going nut's. Can I flash a zip without going into recovery mode? If so, how do I do it?:mad:

Sounds like it's doing what the Warp I just retired started doing... the screen digitizer gets a bad spot which the system either treats as a constant press or a series of random rapid-fire taps. Or both, like mine. Either way, I think you need a new screen, brother. :/

Upvote 0
Sounds like it's doing what the Warp I just retired started doing... the screen digitizer gets a bad spot which the system either treats as a constant press or a series of random rapid-fire taps. Or both, like mine. Either way, I think you need a new screen, brother. :/

But I don't think the screen affects cwm since cwm doesn't utilize it...? I hope not anyway :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I feel the screen buzzin constanly! Is That it you think?
Screw getting a new screen, I'll just buy her another phone, and donate this one to the dev's!

Upvote 0
But I don't think the screen affects cwm since cwm doesn't utilize it...? I hope not anyway :(

I feel the screen buzzin constanly! Is That it you think?
Screw getting a new screen, I'll just buy her another phone, and donate this one to the dev's!

The four "buttons" at the bottom are still part of the screen unit, and CWM does use them. The jumping symptom you report along with the constant buzzing tell me the system is registering constant taps on that region of the digitizer.

Reactions: anmire
Upvote 0
How do I do that?

First download themer.sh.pdf to the root of your sdcard and remove the ".pdf" using a file explorer like root explorer or es file browser.
Then download Script Manager
Create a folder on the root of your sdcard named "themes" and place your .zip there.
Load Script Manager and navigate to themer.sh, select it and run as root by clicking the little skull and cross bones at the top and then press run.
Select your .zip by pressing the appropriate number and pressing enter on the osk.
It will reboot your phone and install the zip....done!!

Reactions: sb43
Upvote 0
First download themer.sh.pdf to the root of your sdcard and remove the ".pdf" using a file explorer like root explorer or es file browser.
Then download Script Manager
Create a folder on the root of your sdcard named "themes" and place your .zip there.
Load Script Manager and navigate to themer.sh, select it and run as root by clicking the little skull and cross bones at the top and then press run.
Select your .zip by pressing the appropriate number and pressing enter on the osk.
It will reboot your phone and install the zip....done!!
dropbox not working for themer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones