• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boost Moto E 2015 LTE Stock 5.0.2 and 5.1 Soak test ROMs

@SuperR: Hey bro was wondering is the Surnia permissive kernel for 5.0.2 or 5.1?? If it's for 5.0.2 do you have plans to make a permissive kernel for 5.1?? Thanks for everything you do for our Moto E 2015 device bro ;)
It is for 5.0.2. I don't think I will make a permissive kernel for 5.1 since the camera issue has been fixed. I only made that as a failed attempt to fix the camera in 5.0.2.

8eaeb0a4df39d19a0b57f1c6877680b5.jpg

8b4e80ef2368aa08c0121f42355e36b6.jpg

Thanks again for making the debloated version with root and init.d bro, it's running perfectly and is just amazing!! ;)

Here is a treat for you all :)

Soak ROMs [Lollipop 5.1] :
surnia_boost_51_soak.zip - Unmodified soak rom

surnia_boost_51_soak_debloated.zip - Debloated, rooted, init.d support, Eleven music player (CM 12.1), write to external sd from 3rd party apps, host file tweaks

Soak Partitions:
surnia_boost_51_partitions.zip

The partitions were updated in the soak test so if you want the full experience you should flash them too. If you update the partitions it will be impossible to get back to exactly where you are now (found this out on the Moto G). I am not saying that is a bad thing, just informing you :)

The ROMs work well without updating the partitions. So far I have not seen any negative side effects.

Other Downloads:
surnia_boost_51_hotspot_fix.zip - works on my device, otherwise untested. Need at least my TWRP 2.8.6.0 v2-5. It will not work with older versions. 2.8.7.0 is also good.

surnia_boost_51_hotspot_unfix.zip - works on my device, otherwise untested. Need at least my TWRP 2.8.6.0 v2-5. It will not work with older versions. 2.8.7.0 is also good.

surnia_boost_51_VVM_fix.zip - I have not tested this flashable but it does what I did to get mine working properly. Let me know how it goes. The only thing still not working is multi-select messages still FC's the app

Thanks to @K Rize for uploading the soak update.zip and an anonymous uploader for the updated backup :)
Will test these latest zips and let you know @SuperR, I'm using your TWRP 2.8.7.0 bro... :)

@SuperR: Hey bro was wondering is the Surnia permissive kernel for 5.0.2 or 5.1?? If it's for 5.0.2 do you have plans to make a permissive kernel for 5.1?? Thanks for everything you do for our Moto E 2015 device bro ;)
Here is the permissive init.d script I used in the 5.0.2 permissive kernel. Unzip, toss it in your init.d directory, and change perms. Your device will boot permissive.

Attachments

Will test these latest zips and let you know @SuperR, I'm using your TWRP 2.8.7.0 bro... :)
I can confirm that your hotspot fix zip works @SuperR, I'm using your debloated, rooted, init.d, and writable to ext sd flashable rom that I flashed earlier today, I tested my native hotspot by having my wife's E connect to my E's hotspot and it was definitely using the data from my E's hotspot, thank you so much for fixing that, you're awesome bro ;)

5e57d757919a04f7fb789371c7ae19b0.jpg

690bb0c1e047b3b0c74ce362614c4a8f.jpg

9bf7e7b1884098943a1873f5222f14c1.jpg

d09a8fa453e64187feae30b9ae97f598.jpg

Awesome work SuperR, I just have one major issue with the debloated rom, you removed the DocumentsUI folder from system/app, and that causes the download app to force close along with the download section in settings/storage.
This will cause the downloads section in the xposed installer not to load for alot of user's. I could be wrong, and the above issue could be due to a bad install. Just thought I would give you and other members a head's up. Besides that, great work

Awesome work SuperR, I just have one major issue with the debloated rom, you removed the DocumentsUI folder from system/app, and that causes the download app to force close along with the download section in settings/storage.
This will cause the downloads section in the xposed installer not to load for alot of user's. I could be wrong, and the above issue could be due to a bad install. Just thought I would give you and other members a head's up. Besides that, great work
You are absolutely correct. Uploading a new debloated 5.1 soak rom now with DocumentsUI included. Sorry for the inconvenience :)

What is a good score in quadrant benchmark. I got a 14187 on 5.1 soak.
That's a good score for this device...my G2 does about 23000 and it has 2X the ram and clock speed so this is a great score for for our Moto E. I always find benches subjective and Antutu more informative versus quadrant.

That's a good score for this device...my G2 does about 23000 and it has 2X the ram and clock speed so this is a great score for for our Moto E. I always find benches subjective and Antutu more informative versus quadrant.
Benchmark scores aren't very productive cause they're not accurate, you ever wonder why you never get the same exact score twice??

Post the files, I'll test them for ya :)
while I may seem like a good idea, I can't post that on @SuperR 's thread. This one is HIS pet and it'd be highly disrespectful to him jacking his thread after all he's done for me. On top of that, I'm not sure (specifically) how the moto E recovery works or the compression level expected for the zip. He's gonna pull the files and tweak whatever for his ROM. Probably be a good idea to ask him the status (NOT eta) of that file.. But like I also said: he's been real busy working on many devices at once. Sorry guys.. [emoji28]

Back
Top Bottom