• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boost Moto E 2015 LTE Stock 5.0.2 and 5.1 Soak test ROMs

That means that if I flash the partitions on 5.0.2 I will most likely brick the phone :(
If you have already updated the partitions to 5.1, don't flash the 5.0.2 partition updater. Feel free to try running 5.0.2 rom with the 5.1 partitions. Worst case it won't work and you can flash the 5.1 rom again.

If you have already updated the partitions to 5.1, don't flash the 5.0.2 partition updater. Feel free to try running 5.0.2 rom with the 5.1 partitions. Worst case it won't work and you can flash the 5.1 rom again.
You are right but before I do this experiment would flashing the 5.1 partitions wipe the phone?

I can confirm that after using the 5.1 partition updater you can still restore a 5.0.2 backup and it does boot up and can be used normally, I had to do this with my wife's E cause her phone doesn't like the 5.1 no root backups I made with TWRP

410ddda66c09c74612195033f82a5642.jpg

Latest update as of today

I can confirm that after using the 5.1 partition updater you can still restore a 5.0.2 backup and it does boot up and can be used normally, I had to do this with my wife's E cause her phone doesn't like the 5.1 no root backups I made with TWRP
If this is the case I should go worry free, right?

Here is the latest soak test ROM. Build number: LPI23.29-18-S.2

Soak ROMs [Lollipop 5.1 Part 2] :
surnia_boost_51-2_soak.zip - Unmodified soak rom

surnia_boost_51-2_soak_debloated.zip - Debloated, rooted, Eleven music player (CM 12.1), host file tweaks

surnia_boost_51-2_soak_deodexed.zip - Debloated, fully deodexed, rooted, Eleven music player (CM 12.1), host file tweaks, init.d support, enables 3rd party apps to write to the external sdcard

Soak Partitions:
surnia_boost_51-2_soak_partitions.zip

The partitions were updated in the soak test so if you want the full experience you should flash them too. If you update the partitions it will be impossible to get back to exactly where you are now (found this out on the Moto G). I am not saying that is a bad thing, just informing you :)

Other Downloads:
surnia_boost_51-2_hotspot_fix.zip - Need at least my TWRP 2.8.6.0 v2-5. It will not work with older versions. 2.8.7.0 is also good.

surnia_boost_51-2_hotspot_unfix.zip - Need at least my TWRP 2.8.6.0 v2-5. It will not work with older versions. 2.8.7.0 is also good.

surnia_boost_51-2_recovery.zip - Stock 5.1 Part 2 recovery for Boost Moto E 2015

surnia_boost_51-2_stock_hosts.zip - Stock 51-2 hosts file in case you don't like the tweaks

Last edited:
Wicked! A new deodexing method?
Yes and no lol

I used oat2dex.jar to deoptimize the odex files which is the same tool all the Windows lollipop deodexers use (java is cross platform). The 2 differences are:
1. I wrote Linux version
2. Based off the Moto G 5.1 rom which is deodexed out of the box, I did not deodex the entire framework directory. Only the files that have associated *.odex files in the /framework/arm directory.

Yes and no lol

I used oat2dex.jar to deoptimize the odex files which is the same tool all the Windows lollipop deodexers use (java is cross platform). The 2 differences are:
1. I wrote Linux version
2. Based off the Moto G 5.1 rom which is deodexed out of the box, I did not deodex the entire framework directory. Only the files that have associated *.odex files in the /framework/arm directory.
I was actually wondering about selective deodexing (just the files that are most commonly themed, like framework-res, contacts, SMS, ect) instead of all of them to reduce potential issues..

Back
Top Bottom