• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked HTC One M8 - Help ASAP =(

Alright... so now after I installed Viper One M8 I didn't like it again and now I restored from my back up and after it did the optimizing apps, when it loaded up then it just kept resetting itself. I did clear cache and dalvik. Dammmmmmmit.

Okay I just did it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 133
You mean the Android Revolution back up? Restore that back up again? I will try that again. I already have tried twice now. But I will do it again.

Ok, so hold up a second.

Go here, get this - http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/m8/openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-m8.img

That's a way updated TWRP from what you have - and might be part of the problem, an older TWRP.

Get it into your sdk-tools folder - get back out into FASTBOOT USB mode - and then say in sdk-tools in the command window -

md5sums openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-m8.img

(note the space after md5sums)

And if it doesn't say - e51c6ce8db0b7318ef31e1e7bd03c96e

Go download it again.

If it does say that, then command -

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-m8.img

And if you get the usual: sending 'recovery' (14k or 15k bytes) followed by the OKAY - then...

Go into recovery and just try the normal restore again.

Pro tip - you can copy commands from here into your command window.

Highlight and copy command from here with your mouse.

Click on command window.

Alt+space makes a menu appear - hit E for enter - then P for paste - and boom, copy/paste into a command window.

634x361ximage243.png.pagespeed.ic.w7qk9Mnjc2.png

^ Let me know if you can see an image there, you never know if images require cookies, asking mom, etc etc lol.

Back
Top Bottom