• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked HTC One M8 - Help ASAP =(

@ Now this

Attachments

• 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 165
Yep, that matches the download site - e51c6ce8db0b7318ef31e1e7bd03c96e

Now -

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-m8.img

EDIT - you ninja'd me! lol

Yep. It's up and running again. No boot loop! Okay, this is the last time I **** with it. I'm happy the way it is right now on Android Revolution haha.

No worries dude, kinda my fault for following a old video on Youtube. The "all in one tool kit" is what gave me that out dated version of TWRP. Also, you know that annoying red text that comes on when you boot it up at the beginning? Is there a way to get rid of that? If it's too complicated I won't worry about it, haha. & Thank you yet again dude. You saved me once again lol.

No worries dude, kinda my fault for following a old video on Youtube. The "all in one tool kit" is what gave me that out dated version of TWRP. Also, you know that annoying red text that comes on when you boot it up at the beginning? Is there a way to get rid of that? If it's too complicated I won't worry about it, haha. & Thank you yet again dude. You saved me once again lol.
I bet with the new TWRP half of your problems will go away.

I knew something was wrong when you said what version you had but I was tired and didn't check it.

So long as you're s-on, you'll face having to do the boot.img trick from time to time.

Yeah - everyone unlocked gets the red text.

There's a mod to remove it.

Guess what the mod requires?

S-off. :D

Ah man I kinda had a feeling you'd say that lmao! Alright, I'll invest in S-Off proboly my next paycheck or something. Good thing I have another job interview at Guitar Center (so hopefully I will have 2 jobs) so I can afford more Android related stuff & pay my bills! :D

Ah man I kinda had a feeling you'd say that lmao! Alright, I'll invest in S-Off proboly my next paycheck or something. Good thing I have another job interview at Guitar Center (so hopefully I will have 2 jobs) so I can afford more Android related stuff & pay my bills! :D
Look for a stock rom for your phone (unless you made a nandroid backup of the original) because Sunshine and ARHD don't play well.

Get stock rom, run Sunshine, restore your ARHD backup.

I do not have a back up of the nandroid backup. When I was trying to find a nandroid stock rom or whatever that is, my MAIN number was not listed on this one XDA forum I was looking at. Is that bad that I didn't back up a nadroid?

Okay thanks dude, I'll invest in S-Off very soon, and when I do I'll just reply back on this thread or I'll just message you. I followed you on your page, anyways. Thanks again so much for you help dude from the start and the second time. I really thought I broke my phone when even a "cell phone repair shop" couldn't figure it out...lolz...

Yes of course! If I see someone have the same issue I did while browsing the forums, I'll for sure help them out. Also, I have noticed that my weather is in Celsius. How would I change that to Fahrenheit?

OK perfect!

Download that to your pc. Open the zip file, extract the boot.img and copy that to c:\sdk-tools

We're going to re-flash TWRP and flash the boot image and see if that sorts it all out.

Plug your phone into your pc, ensure that the phone says FASTBOOT USB highlighted.

Open a command window and say -

cd \sdk-tools

(mind the space after cd and in the following commands)

Ensure that you have the right place, say -

dir

And you'll see pretty much the same listing as above.

To reinstall TWRP -

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-file-name-goes-here.img

Install the boot image, a common issue when s-on -

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Then,

fastboot reboot

Let me know what happens.
Hey there i have almost the same problem... and i need help... really bad... i messed up stuff... my phone didn't recive texts but i was able to send them, so i thought i should perform a factory reset and to clear cache and dalkiv and i checked there to delete or wipe data( on twrp) and internal sotrage... since then i can't to do anyhting... i tryed various unbrick tips but it didn't worked out now on bootloder says " software status : Modified"... I relocked the bootloader and then says security waraning, i have no recovery... no os... when i try to re flash twrp as you explayned this shows up http://prntscr.com/7jej27 .
i tryed to flash thru ruu the stock ( on which i was running but rooted) nothing... please help me... i am desperate

OK. Don't panic.

You can't flash TWRP unless it says UNLOCKED at the top of the phone.

"MODIFIED" is nothing to worry about. Just tells me you have a later firmware version.

Get into FASTBOOT USB mode, from the command window -

fastboot getvar all

In command window: Alt+space gives menu, E for edit, select all, copy and paste here.

Edit out your IMEI and serial numbers for your protection.

And tell me what the top of the screen says as exactly as you can while in FASTBOOT USB mode.

Let me see what you have before we decide on the next move.

Above all, don't panic. It leads to mistakes.

Unless your hardware has failed, this is fixable.

If the hardware failed, I don't see how what you did could have caused it and panic won't help there either.

OK. Don't panic.

"MODIFIED" is nothing to worry about. Just tells me you have a later firmware version.

fastboot getvar all

In command window: Alt+space gives menu, E for edit, select all, copy and paste here.

And tell me what the top of the screen says as exactly as you can while in FASTBOOT USB mode.

If the hardware failed, I don't see how what you did could have caused it and panic won't help there either.
by later firmware version you mean the lataest update? i was running stock lollipop( sense 6)

OK. Don't panic.

fastboot getvar all

this is what i get from getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.25.214500021.06G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.16.401.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000