• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Build.prop file is deleted

rkms2013, welcome to our AndroidForums! :)

Thanks for chiming-in, @funkylogik (as always, very helpful!).

rkms2013, do you have a custom recovery installed? (CWM or TWRP or Philz, etc.)

If you do, you ought to be able to use adb while in custom recovery to re-insert the build.prop file back into your /system partition.

Let us know about the custom recovery thing...

edit/also: after we hear back from you, we'll probably get you moved over to our http://androidforums.com/forums/y-duos-all-things-root.1323/ area so the Galaxy Y Duos root folks can keep us honest :).

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Hey..thanks guys for your efforts, i really appriciate you guys for this and now feeling happy & sure that my will be fine..:)

Actually i have installed kitkat custom ROM on my phone long back. i have CWM mode, i can fo to recovery mode (not sure if it differs from custom recovery mode).

I tried to push build.prop using adb cmds, but my was not detected on my pc..So am stuck..
Please advise me wht can be done next..

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Ah, yes, rkms2013, you'll first need to figure-out how to get adb to talk to your custom recovery before this will all work.

If you have your CWM booted-up, it should be running an adb daemon, so make sure you have it running before trying to use any of your adb commands.

Check to see if you've got the right drivers installed and that CWM is running, then try an adb devices command to see if your PC can see your phone.

In the meantime, if you tell me which Kitkat ROM you installed (i.e., name, version #, where you got it from, etc. (direct link of the .zip file would be great!)), I can try to find it and extract the build.prop file from it for you.

Also, I'm going to move this thread to the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos all-things-root area as mentioned earlier in case there are others that can help.

Reactions: rkms2013
Upvote 0
If you've put your device in recovery mode and you see the ClockworkMod logo and/or screens, then you should have an adb daemon running on your device.

Now you just gotta get your PC to talk to it...but that often requires special USB drivers for adb if you're using Windows.

If you have access to a Linux box or bootable image, you might have more success there since adb USB access is much more straightforward from a Linux PC than it is from Windows.

Upvote 0
Reactions: rkms2013
Upvote 0
Hey, rkms2013, I just thought of this: do you have a removable SD card on your device?

If so and you can indeed boot into custom recovery (ClockworkMod), then we could build a flashable .zip file that you could just flash to re-install the build.prop file--no need for adb access.

Let us know (and about which ROM you'd like to grab the build.prop file from).

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Hey Guys.. i have a removable SD card. if installing a custom ROM works here, then i would better go for this. Could you please suggest good Custom Rom for SYG gt s6102 mobile.

Glad you've got an alternative :).

That's a bit out of my depth/league here, rkms2013, as I don't have/own a Y Duo, but take a peek around the all-things-root area for your device (I moved your thread in this area for you) to see what others that have the Y Duos have to say.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones