• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot Mount /data partition in twrp!!!!

Yes I've tried advance wipe but there was no option for data, only system, cache, dalvik, and sdcard. I don't understand what happened
The option to format data is not in advanced wipe. It is right next to it.

Attachments

• 1452804597525.jpg
    1452804597525.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 784
Upvote 0
It's OK, I've got it fixed turns it the first time I had problems with it I took it to the metro store and had it restored, turns out the guy never formatted after this and it cause my data partition to slowly become corrupted, I didn't realize this and later in time when I flashed cm12.1 it had enough ig and stopped working, nothing could fix it so I took it back and had a restore again, he did it and claimed it didn't work anymore and I had to pay for a new one, so guess what I did, lol I took it and rebooted it into recovery and factory reset and the metro dude looked stunned when he seen I fixed it, he acted like I wasn't suppose to know this stuff, trying to claim that rooting was illegal, which is not, lol ik/we more than him when it comes to phones obviously. Thanks for the help mc87, anyone who has this problem should just get it restored then reboot to recovery and factory reset, oh and BTW this is my girlfriends phone not mine, I have a Samsung avant lol, thank God for Odin mode

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones