• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] 1.58 htc-dev unlock

So okay, delete superuser, then install SuperSU via the play store? After that what do I have to do? Will it root itself when I open the app? Or do I have to install it a certain way like I did with superuser (install from SD using Recovery)

Install SuperSU first, then delete superuser. That way the rom won't have any hiccups without having the su app.

As far as I know, since your already rooted, you should be able to just install it from the play store, and not have to flash it.

DS

I just installed SuperSU and Titanium Backup and both won't let me do anything because I don't have root access.. I'm so confused right now. I'm gonna try and back track and maybe restart.

I just installed SuperSU and Titanium Backup and both won't let me do anything because I don't have root access.. I'm so confused right now. I'm gonna try and back track and maybe restart.

Always use a new procedure before drinking ;)

sorry for the late response guys,have not had much pc access the last couple days :o

anyway,simply downloading from the market only installs the app. you also need to matching binary,so the easiest thing to do is just flash it in recovery.

from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

download link reads: CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip

download,place on sd card,flash in recovery. voila! root access with up to date app and binary :)

Just wanted to update that the phone is officially rooted! Thanks to everyone in this thread, couldn't have done it without you guys.

Now time to find some fun things to do with the phone ;)

Back
Top Bottom