• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM]Nocturnal Xplod XE 01/21, Bravia, Beats, The Original SONY Xperia For the 3D!

I guess I'm a "flashaholic in treatment" then..lol I'm going to try this 3.0 until I have the time to redo loaded the latest Xplod version.

What is FR btw

Perhaps we should form a support group. Oh...wait, that's what THIS is, Kinda. In reverse. We ENCOURAGE (and even contribute to) each other's habit ;)

Not in any way trying to make light of addictions, btw.

I haven't gotten home from work yet to test MHL but will let you all know how it goes. If it works then I will be QUEEN OF THE WORLD!! Ok. Queen of MY world anyway...

You will be queen of our world, at least the ones waiting for MHL to work, LOL ;)

Perhaps we should form a support group. Oh...wait, that's what THIS is, Kinda. In reverse. We ENCOURAGE (and even contribute to) each other's habit ;)

Not in any way trying to make light of addictions, btw.

I haven't gotten home from work yet to test MHL but will let you all know how it goes. If it works then I will be QUEEN OF THE WORLD!! Ok. Queen of MY world anyway...

You will be queen of our world, at least the ones waiting for MHL to work, LOL ;)

Drumroll please...

MHL is now operational! I would like to thank my sponsors Don, Jer, Ocnbrze, MahaloCat, the devs, and other members of this forum for sharing their knowledge and making it possible :D

Still testing other functionality because I realize that the kernel that came with the ROM must have been the best fit which is why it was used. I noticed that, for example, while Beats still works I can't change it from the Pop setting (I used Rock before). Not a biggie for me because it still sounds better. Will let you all know if I find anything else.

EDIT: I was wrong about the Beats settings with the tiamet kernel. You actually can change them, just have to have your headphones attached and select the Equalizer. So, ID10T error on my part ;)

Which one are you testing Tiamat ?? Have you tried also Mwalt ??

Drumroll please...

MHL is now operational! I would like to thank my sponsors Don, Jer, Ocnbrze, MahaloCat, the devs, and other members of this forum for sharing their knowledge and making it possible :D

Still testing other functionality because I realize that the kernel that came with the ROM must have been the best fit which is why it was used. I noticed that, for example, while Beats still works I can't change it from the Pop setting (I used Rock before). Not a biggie for me because it still sounds better. Will let you all know if I find anything else.

Drumroll please...

Woot - Way to go! I like Mwalts work - Tiamats stuff was always Buggy for me.

Which one are you testing Tiamat ?? Have you tried also Mwalt ??

Tiamet. I may give Mwalt a try too. Any other recommendations? Any I should stay away from? I certainly don't want to flash one that isn't compatible. I do know that I can't flash an aosp one with a Sense-based ROM. Or at least I believe I read that somewhere. Thanks all!

Is this ROM huge or am I doing something wrong? I have almost no room on my SD card. I took about 200 songs off prior to flashing. I've added this ROM and a nandroid and nothing else and don't have enough to make a ring tone.

Nope they are average 350 to 360 MB's did you do a full wipe first.?

Is this ROM huge or am I doing something wrong? I have almost no room on my SD card. I took about 200 songs off prior to flashing. I've added this ROM and a nandroid and nothing else and don't have enough to make a ring tone.

Nope they are average 350 to 360 MB's did you do a full wipe first.?

I thought so. I don't remember if I wiped my SD card specifically. I'm thinking that I did, though, as my ShapeWriter apk wasn't on it (I don't think?). I'm kind of getting the phone where I like it right now. Can I just save my nandroid to my back-up folder on my computer, then wipe the card only?

I just tried to copy the folder with my nandroid in it and it is 1.25 gb. Seriously!?!?

Yes. That's right. I haven't checked but I believe I read there is an option in twrp to save a nandroid as a compressed file. What most people do is keep maybe their two most recent nandroids on their phones and save the rest on their computers. I keep two on my phone and save mine on a flash drive.

What size is your card, move all info to your PC, format the SD Card and then transfer back, also once on your PC check the folder and see how big it is

Well, something else is hogging my sd card, then. I wouldn't be able to fit 2 back ups, 50 pictures, and 20 songs at this rate.

To find out what's taking up so much on your SD card, install this:

https://market.android.com/details?...DEsImNvbS5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5kaXNrdXNhZ2UiXQ..

Thanks for the tips (DonB, too).

I ran this a got rid of a few miscellaneous bits of data, but nothing was a very big offender.

There is one thing, though, called "cpbdf" in the "cpbf000000000000000" folder (not sure how many 0's), which is in the "475720195607363909" folder. That sits on the root of the card. No clue what that is, but it is 1.5 gigs.

I would remove it, put it on your PC as a backup and then delete from your SD card and see, here is a thread I found, are you using crash plan ??

Random directory on SD card taking up 6gb of space. 'cpbdf' file Not sure what it is. - xda-developers

Thanks for the tips (DonB, too).

I ran this a got rid of a few miscellaneous bits of data, but nothing was a very big offender.

There is one thing, though, called "cpbdf" in the "cpbf000000000000000" folder (not sure how many 0's), which is in the "475720195607363909" folder. That sits on the root of the card. No clue what that is, but it is 1.5 gigs.

DonB, are you using odexed or deodexed? Cause I've been using deodexed this whole time and the timescate photos widget, the photos and videos widget and a few other widget have never worked. Also get a lot of FCs when time scape is running. Is it because I'm using the deodexed version.

When available I use Deodexed, and no I think they still have issues with those widget, I don't really use the Timescape anyways, and BC I was getting FC also.

DonB, are you using odexed or deodexed? Cause I've been using deodexed this whole time and the timescate photos widget, the photos and videos widget and a few other widget have never worked. Also get a lot of FCs when time scape is running. Is it because I'm using the deodexed version.

I havnt had any issues with timescapce since i upgraded the apps. Odex and DeOdex run great. Are you wiping the phone before install? System, Data, Cache ect... ?

For those that don't know this is the Dev of this ROM

Welcome XS nice to see you pop in ;)

I havnt had any issues with timescapce since i upgraded the apps. Odex and DeOdex run great. Are you wiping the phone before install? System, Data, Cache ect... ?

Back
Top Bottom