• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM]Nocturnal Xplod XE 01/21, Bravia, Beats, The Original SONY Xperia For the 3D!

Hey guys, i know its been a long time since ive posted an update. Just to let you know, I will be updating this soon but i dont know when just yet. New OTA is an option but we might just wait for something better to hit you guys with.

Yah and i had to convince you to do so, now I can't take you away from it, LOL :D

HAHA yeah yeah....it just has the best sound....
Even of other with Beats...don't know if its beats of the xLoud engine or what.
QUALITY....

This dont have xloud yet just a beats modified by me and another team member. But dont worry the next build will be even louder. I just have to find the time to build it.

This dont have xloud yet just a beats modified by me and another team member. But dont worry the next build will be even louder. I just have to find the time to build it.

XS - Would you consider Building a Flashable Beats Mod for 2.17
as mentioned - what ever Tweaks you did in this build for Audio output are AMAZING.....overall richness of the sound hasn't been topped (from roms I have flashed)

XS - Would you consider Building a Flashable Beats Mod for 2.17
as mentioned - what ever Tweaks you did in this build for Audio output are AMAZING.....overall richness of the sound hasn't been topped (from roms I have flashed)

Once i get the new xplod on the new base i can make a flashable beats, that wont be a issue at all. But it may not work with all roms. I will give more details once i have it all built.

Xs, don't forget to send a PM to Phases to give you Rom Dev status, this way you can have edit powers. ;)

Once i get the new xplod on the new base i can make a flashable beats, that wont be a issue at all. But it may not work with all roms. I will give more details once i have it all built.

I just flashed this ROM but wifi and 4G are not working. I used TWRP to wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, battery stats but not sure how to wipe system.

Is this my problem? if so, can someone please tell me how to wipe system?

Thanks...

I just flashed this ROM but wifi and 4G are not working. I used TWRP to wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, battery stats but not sure how to wipe system.

Thanks...

Are you on HBOOT 1.5? If so, please check out this thread and download the tool linked:

http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all...h-kernels-recoveries-normal-android-mode.html

Then use that tool to select the ROM and flash the kernel. It's a common problem with HBOOT 1.5 users. It's a real simple fix :)

Are you on HBOOT 1.5? If so, please check out this thread and download the tool linked:

http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all...h-kernels-recoveries-normal-android-mode.html

Then use that tool to select the ROM and flash the kernel. It's a common problem with HBOOT 1.5 users. It's a real simple fix :)

Yes, I'm on HBOOT 1.5. After I select the ROM and flash the kernel, do I use TWRP to install the same ROM again in recovery mode? That is what that tool said I *MUST* do. If this is true, do I wipe the data, cache, dalvik cache, and battery stats again before installing the ROM via TWRP?

Thanks again...

Yes, I'm on HBOOT 1.5. After I select the ROM and flash the kernel, do I use TWRP to install the same ROM again in recovery mode? That is what that tool said I *MUST* do. If this is true, do I wipe the data, cache, dalvik cache, and battery stats again before installing the ROM via TWRP?

Thanks again...

HBOOT 1.5 is a bit tricky. If you just boot recovery from the phone without doing special steps, the recovery (TWRP and CWM) will not flash the kernel properly. There are a few ways of getting around it.

The best option, IMO, is using fastboot. I have a guide (here) that explains how to root using fastboot and has all the links and explanations on how to do it. I consider this the best because then you'll know how to fix things if the automated apps fail, or you can't boot into Android.

The second is to use that tool. It will correctly flash your ROM from inside Android.

The third is to use 4EXT recovery. It's like ROM Manager, but works with S-ON / Unlocked devices and should make your flashing experience rather seamless. [TOUCHCOVERY] ORIGINAL | 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC1 with SmartFlash for s-on - xda-developers

Off topic, but I feel this should be mentioned, I would not use you email address as your username, you are looking for trouble, if you are in accordance I would PM Phases and have him take the email extension out of your username, JMO.

As for this ROM, keep in mind it has not been updated in a while as there has been no releases, but I agree with Jerolfld if you are on HBoot 1.5 then you need to read the OP about your issue, it tell you what to do ;) see below from OP

Hboot 1.5 Users, Before reporting any issues, Read this first. How to Flash With Hboot 1.5 [EVO 3D]

Thanks...

HBOOT 1.5 is a bit tricky. If you just boot recovery from the phone without doing special steps, the recovery (TWRP and CWM) will not flash the kernel properly. There are a few ways of getting around it.

The best option, IMO, is using fastboot. I have a guide (here) that explains how to root using fastboot and has all the links and explanations on how to do it. I consider this the best because then you'll know how to fix things if the automated apps fail, or you can't boot into Android.

The second is to use that tool. It will correctly flash your ROM from inside Android.

The third is to use 4EXT recovery. It's like ROM Manager, but works with S-ON / Unlocked devices and should make your flashing experience rather seamless. [TOUCHCOVERY] ORIGINAL | 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC1 with SmartFlash for s-on - xda-developers

Thank you for the link to your guide. I have stumbled on other guides but yours seem extremely comprehensive and great for newbies like myself - I wish I had it at the very beginning when I first rooted my phone :)

Just out of curiosity, with the Flash GUI tool, I flash the ROM from inside android and do I still have to flash the same ROM immediately in recovery like it said I *MUST* do?

I will check out 4EXT also just for the heck of it :)

P.S. BTW, I used the tool to flash from inside Android and then flashed again in recovery and everything seems to work except for the Market App.

Off topic, but I feel this should be mentioned, I would not use you email address as your username, you are looking for trouble, if you are in accordance I would PM Phases and have him take the email extension out of your username, JMO.

As for this ROM, keep in mind it has not been updated in a while as there has been no releases, but I agree with Jerolfld if you are on HBoot 1.5 then you need to read the OP about your issue, it tell you what to do ;) see below from OP

Hboot 1.5 Users, Before reporting any issues, Read this first. How to Flash With Hboot 1.5 [EVO 3D]

thanks for the suggestions both with the username and HBoot 1.5 problem.

thanks for the suggestions both with the username and HBoot 1.5 problem.

You should have received a Private Message (PM) from a moderator asking if you wanted to get a name change and how to set that up. Did you receive it? To check your PM's, scroll all the way to the top and it should have a link on the right side saying Private Messages. Click it and a drop down comes up and you can click "Unread Private Messages".

You should have received a Private Message (PM) from a moderator asking if you wanted to get a name change and how to set that up. Did you receive it? To check your PM's, scroll all the way to the top and it should have a link on the right side saying Private Messages. Click it and a drop down comes up and you can click "Unread Private Messages".

Yes, I did and it looks like it was taken care of.. thanks

When your ready to post your new ROM PM a mod, and they will closed this thread and mention the new base and thread you started.

Nice to see you around, thought you had moved on, LOL ;)

This has always been one of my favorite Roms, will be nice to see the new support again.

Looking forward to it! :D

Is there a way to change the four default apps above the lock rings?

I tried Menu, Settings, Personalize but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks...

Edit: I think my problem is I have version 2.2.1 odexed, right? I would need deodexed?

No can't be done on this version, maybe on the new release to come. there should be other lock rings in the settings if you want to substitute the lock screen. If I recall I think he had a few in his folder when flashing, but not sure.

Is there a way to change the four default apps above the lock rings?

I tried Menu, Settings, Personalize but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks...

Edit: I think my problem is I have version 2.2.1 odexed, right? I would need deodexed?

Back
Top Bottom