• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM]Nocturnal Xplod XE 01/21, Bravia, Beats, The Original SONY Xperia For the 3D!

ok - Request -
I just flashed 2.2.1 on top of 2.2.0 - and it started em over from Scratch...
anyway to remove the Wipe Data from the Flashing process.... :(

If you remember at the beginning Cat I mentioned that he does that by design, that is the only thing that sucks, this way he avoids issues, that is why I simply update every 3 to 4 releases.

ok - Request -
I just flashed 2.2.1 on top of 2.2.0 - and it started em over from Scratch...
anyway to remove the Wipe Data from the Flashing process.... :(

If you remember at the beginning Cat I mentioned that he does that by design, that is the only thing that sucks, this way he avoids issues, that is why I simply update every 3 to 4 releases.

BAhh.....Yeah...but since the overheat issue was hitting me - I needed to flash this puppy....

Ohhh well - of I go to hit Install done about 60 times!
: )

XS thanks for your work - I am loving this ROM.

Damn! I finally upgraded from 2.0.x to 2.2.1. What a difference! I was getting a little fed up with the lag on this ROM, but didn't abandon it because I liked the other features. Now it is getting really close to perfect. Still would like to change my lock screen (new skin), but this is really good.

I used Titanium to help with a few of the apps/data that I end up wiping. It really isn't too hard of a process to wipe everything and get back to a reasonable setup. I never completely fall in love with my homescreens anyways, so I don't mind resetting them up as I use apps/widgets/etc.

Well, I was reminded, today, of a couple of other bugs. Still, for some reason, I will, on occasion, have 4G reach a point where it is off, but it won't toggle back on. Regardless of going through the settings, notification bar, or a widget. A reboot fixes it, though (must be normal reboot, not hot reboot).

The other thing is that you can't long press the search button to bring up voice searching. The function works if you press the microphone button from the search menu, but not with the long-press. I'm having to learn to live with that, now, but hope it will get resolved.

Well, I was reminded, today, of a couple of other bugs. Still, for some reason, I will, on occasion, have 4G reach a point where it is off, but it won't toggle back on. Regardless of going through the settings, notification bar, or a widget. A reboot fixes it, though (must be normal reboot, not hot reboot).

The other thing is that you can't long press the search button to bring up voice searching. The function works if you press the microphone button from the search menu, but not with the long-press. I'm having to learn to live with that, now, but hope it will get resolved.

Strange - My Long Press Voice search works Just fine.
Honestly - I didn't even know about that until just now....:D

I have had issues will on wifi in my house...if i forget to turn off wifi - My 3g Signal doesn't pick back up.

Not sure why, but I did some other random "stuff", then a reboot and my long press works fine, too. I tried it on MULTIPLE reboots of both 2.0.x and 2.2.1 and it never worked.

Now I'm also having an issue with the names of my apps appearing properly in the app drawer. Not sure what happened, there. I've uninstalled and reinstalled them, but the exact same issue is happening. I've tried different fonts (including one that I KNOW had zero issues), but the same apps show this weird character. Look at the "Adam Carolla" or "Battery Bar Settings" apps, for instance:

2012-01-31_19-34-26.jpg

There are a few others like that, too.

Just remembered. It isn't the voice search that was a problem, it was the long press from the home screen for voice commands that was the issue. I can press the search button once, get to the search screen, then long press to do a voice search, but I can't long press from the home screen and do a command.

Not sure why, but it is starting to bother me more than I thought it would.

Flash Meanrom, which is what i am on right now and for the same reason as you I got the itch, LOL

AGREE - Nice smooth Daily for me...
Although....I do have the itch to flash something again.....

I think this ROM is going away for a little while. I can't get over the lack of voice search from the home screen and my battery went kaput last night, then, when I restarted it, all of my homepages were cleared.

Good ROM and I hope he is working on it, but I'll have to wait for some more kinks to get ironed out. I'll give Meanrom a shot.

Fwiw, I ended up switching to mwalt's kernel and have had no problems with reboots, overheating, and the voice search works great from my home screen. I think I have found the perfevt combo for the functionality of this ROM and MHL.

Fwiw, I ended up switching to mwalt's kernel and have had no problems with reboots, overheating, and the voice search works great from my home screen. I think I have found the perfevt combo for the functionality of this ROM and MHL.

Just to confirm, you can long press the search button from your home screen and you will be prompted to speak? I can press the search button to get to the search screen, then long press, but can't long press from the home screen.

This is my home screen. All I have to do is tap the Google search icon and it opens and I am primpted to speak. I don't even need to long-press. See the screenshots below. Is this what you are trying to do or am I completely out in left field?

2012-02-13_05-34-49.jpg

2012-02-13_05-36-52.jpg

On the stock ROM (and a couple others), you can long press the search button and pull up voice search. This prompt allows you to get directions, set your alarm, send a text, etc, with a voice prompt. I say from the home screen mainly to differentiate from pressing the search button to open the search box and long pressing from there. Your option may be a reasonable fix, though it isn't as elegant as I'm hoping for.

On the stock ROM (and a couple others), you can long press the search button and pull up voice search. This prompt allows you to get directions, set your alarm, send a text, etc, with a voice prompt. I say from the home screen mainly to differentiate from pressing the search button to open the search box and long pressing from there. Your option may be a reasonable fix, though it isn't as elegant as I'm hoping for.

Oh, are you referring to using the "hard"search button while on the home screen? I never use that one but while on my home screen I can use it too. Just tested it to send a message to my husband.

Yes, the capacitive button. I suppose the "Voice Search" app/shortcut does the same thing, but it isn't as tidy as I'm used to. I know it seems like making a mountain out of a molehill, but I actually use it quite a bit. With the capacitive button, you hold it down and wait for the second haptic vibration, then speak. It can be done without looking.

I'm not intending to make it sound like this ROM is terrible, because it isn't. Just saying that it isn't right for me. At least not yet.

I get where you're coming from. I guess since I don't use it in the way you do that it really isn't an issue for me.But hey, we are all different and what works or is important to one may not be to another. I haven't used CleanROM in a while but I did like it too. Maybe that one would work better for you since it is stock with the bloat taken out and some tweaks thrown in for good measure :)

Back
Top Bottom