• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] {Sucess}Rooting help for Member ( Lopezrme)

When i "fastboot oem lock" it reads:

*** RELOCKED ***
*** SECURITY WARNING ***
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.58.0000
RADIO-1.09.00.0108
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0217
FASTBOOT USB
May 17 2012, 15:06:44

That security warning is OK and you should be able to go ahead and flash the 2.89.651.2 RUU with that status. However, you will need to flash the setmainverlow.zip from this post before flashing it, which unfortunately requires unlocking again and then relocking to flash the RUU.

Try putting the phone into fastboot USB mode before starting the RUU in Windows. If that doesn't work the zip version of the RUU may flash from the bootloader.

You will need to unlock one more time before trying the wire trick.

The openadsp is something that Qualcomm added to comply with a requirement for manufacturers to access the application digital signal process (ADSP) for multimedia programming. See this post for a link with more detail.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
I again got error 140 bootloader version

You can't run an older ruu while s on. You can re-unlock to get to a working phone if you need to,but with hboot 1.58 you need to run the ICS ruu ;)

edit:
my apologies,i thot the ICS ruu containing 1.58 was a 3.xx number.... ramjet is correct,the 2.89 contains hboot 1.58 and should run.

i dont think youre having a main version prollem(or youd have got a main version is older! error instead of the bootloader error) are you trying to run the .exe file?

if so,you can extract rom.zip from it in this manner:
the .exe utilities can be finicky,so if you have trouble getting it to run, you can extract "rom.zip" in the following manner:
-start the utility
-check the "i understand" box to move on to the next screen
-hide the utility temporarily out of site
-search your C drive for "rom.zip". you will find it in a temporary location(it will be in a different spot each time you run the utility)
-open the folder location,and transfer rom.zip to a safe location on your PC.
-unhide and cancel the utility,youre done with it.
-rom.zip can be renamed to PxxxIMG and flashed in hboot,from a FAT32 sd card

you can flash rom.zip as an RUU from fastboot,or you can rename it to "PG86IMG",place it on the sd card and install it via hboot.

i think your prollem is mostly just a confused .exe ;)

Upvote 0
You can't run an older ruu while s on. You can re-unlock to get to a working phone if you need to,but with hboot 1.58 you need to run the ICS ruu ;)
He also needs to downgrade his mainver since the 1.09.00.0108 baseband level indicates that the March OTA has already been installed. Luckily the hboot didn't change from the 2.89.651.2 RUU so he should be able to flash that once his mainver is set low.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
got me while i was typin ;)

for good measure:
-re-unlock
-flash main version low zip
-extract rom.zip
-flash in hboot or fastboot(leave .exe out of the equation)

PG86IMG can be run from fastboot in this manner:
if youre working with a booted,operational phone,you can flsh the file in the following manner:

-open a cmd window

-change to adb/fastboot directory
cd c:\foldername
(cd c:\mini-adb if youve used any of my guides :))

-enable usb debug,disable fastboot,plug in phone

-check for connectivity
adb devices (should return serial number)

-boot to fastboot
adb reboot bootloader

-check for connectivity again
fastboot devices

-flash the file
fastboot erase cache

fastboto oem rebootRUU (will put you in ruu mode,black screen silver htc letters)

fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip (will send and flash the file. dont interupt it while the cmd window shows its writinging,and the green status bar is moving on the phone screen)

*sometimes a file will fail with a pre-update error. this is normal,just enter again:
fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip
and this time it will finish

-when you get "finished" and "OK"
fastboot reboot-bootloader (takes you back to fastboot)

-reboot back to the OS
fastbooot reboot

you can use this if you dont have an operational phone as well. you just need to manually put the phone in fastboot(select from hboot menu) then skip the "adb" commands and start with fastboot devices

Upvote 0
Thanks all this worked.

I downgraded to mainver 1.00.00.0000 following ramjet's instructions and then flashed 2.89.651.2 RUU following both your instructions. Also I did not need to flash it through fastboot as RUU.exe worked. This version:
RUU_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_2.89.651.2_Radio_1.09.00.0706__NV_NV_SPCS_1.43_release_271101_signed (1).

I will now proceed with the rest of Ramjet's write to achieve s-off

Upvote 0
I keeping getting s-off failed and this is the code from the cmd window:

Do wire-trick now!! Check the instructions at Unlimited.IO

Do not remove sdcard from phone
Do wire-trick now!! Check the instructions at Unlimited.IO
=== Waiting for device....
(10/45)
Found device...
Waiting for device to settle... Please wait...
Getting into bar.....
Raising Glass
SUCCESS - Taking a sip.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Buddies and Beer
Checking alcohol level......
Let's take one more......
S-OFF Failed
Errorcode: 66732337
ErrorMsg: Still sober
Quit....
Press ENTER to exit.....

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I think i read somewhere if i downgrade to 1.5 now with this current rom I'll end up bootlooping

Well you do need hboot 1.50 or below. I'll copy/paste my instructions for downgrading without getting stuck in a bootloop.

First let me start by stressing something important! Verify the integrity of the download by checking the file against its md5 checksum that I provided for each file. You can use a free software such as MD5 Checker to do the job. Or if you'd like to check on your phone without a pc, download MD5 Checker for android from the play store. If for whatever reason your download gets corrupted, using a corrupted file can brick your phone! So use an md5 checker to verify the integrity of the file, it's quick and easy and can keep your phone safe!

1. Download File. Check md5 for a match

2. Place the file on the root of your sd card (not in any folders).

3. Rename the file to PG86IMG.zip

4. Reboot into bootloader.

5. When asked to update, say yes by hitting volume up.

6. When it's all finished, hit power button to reboot.

7. *Important! After booting up, immediately rename or delete the file.

*The presence of the file on your sd card will prevent you from entering recovery in an emergency situation. It's nothing to panic about, but if you get caught in a bootloop, you will have to manually remove the file using a pc and card reader or another phone. That said, to avoid bootloops and being stuck with no way to boot up and no way to enter recovery, plan ahead. If you are on a rom that requires hboot 1.58 and you flash hboot 1.5, you will hit a bootloop and not be able to access recovery. You would then need to remove the file or flash a compatible rom through fastboot connected to a pc.

Okay. Now with instructions and warnings out of the way, I will give you my personal preference on how to flash a different hboot that will be incompatible with your current rom without getting a bootloop and having to use a pc to fix the situation.

Follow steps 1-3 above. Stop! Now, instead of rebooting into the bootloader, we are going to bypass the bootloader by rebooting directly into recovery. Some roms have this feature built in. I recommend downloading something like ROM TOOLBOX from the play store. It's a great app to have if you are rooted. Rom Toolbox has a built in rebooter menu (with widgets) that allows this function. Alternatively go get QUICK BOOT from the play store. So once in recovery, wipe and flash the rom normally. Once finished, continue to steps 4-7.

This will allow you to do everything completely from your phone and avoid getting stuck. Remember, this is just for when you are changing hboots that will be incompatible with the rom you are already using (ie: ICS to GB). Just following steps 1-7 normally is fine for just flashing radios or switching between different GB hboots etc.

From my thread here: http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3...hboot-firmware-all-downloads.html#post5208921

Upvote 0
Sounds like possibly a bad download. Keep me posted :)

I just needed to go back and do the update. I then ended up bootlooping. I put my SD card into my girlfriends sgs3 and deleted the file put it back in my phone and ran in recovery. From there i flashed P.A.C.man and i must say it is beautiful. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Upvote 0
I just needed to go back and do the update. I then ended up bootlooping. I put my SD card into my girlfriends sgs3 and deleted the file put it back in my phone and ran in recovery. From there i flashed P.A.C.man and i must say it is beautiful. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Nice! I'm glad you gotten it :)
Yes pacman is beautiful. I've been using it for quite a long time! Anyway congrats! :congrats:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones