• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Changing number to rooted phone

odojoe

Jul 12, 2011
I had an issue transferring my wife's number to my old Triumph. I did install Triumph stock and I furnished VM with the MEID inside the phone but it turned out it may have changed through excessive ROMing.

The solution was to dial ##6343# to get the actual MEID on the handset. With this the number switch went smoothly. It took a while with three calls to first level tech support before being passed on to second level support for resolution.

I am not sure if I needed to go back to stock or not but all is well again and I restored the backup.

I had an issue transferring my wife's number to my old Triumph. I did install Triumph stock and I furnished VM with the MEID inside the phone but it turned out it may have changed through excessive ROMing.

The solution was to dial ##6343# to get the actual MEID on the handset. With this the number switch went smoothly. It took a while with three calls to first level tech support before being passed on to second level support for resolution.

I am not sure if I needed to go back to stock or not but all is well again and I restored the backup.

Yeah, it's been known for a while that we would need to return to stock to use the 'phone codes' Some are available though other means, but that's the best way I know. It seems to be the same accross most phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones