• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charges to 90% and stops sometimes

I did another complete drain til the battery no longer works, charged while the phone was switched off.

I took it off charge today and switched it on and its at 100%!

The true test is to see if it charges to 100% (and not 90%) while the phone is switched on and charging.

btw battery is lasting extremely well, I had difficulty running it down to 0 last night.

since i posted yesterday i have still have 45% left at 17.00 today. That is with a couple of phone calls, a dozen txt's, half hour on the radio and solitaire for an hour. Much Much better and has put my fears at rest. I'll run it down again tonight and charge it overnight again and see if it improves it even more. well pleased now

My lasts ok if I turn data off and use it only when I want to. Kinda makes using widgets and things useless.

I think I will try running it down to 0 today and see how it goes.

Even when charge is with phone off and upto 100, it goes down very quickly to about 90 % and then slows down oddly.

Will report back later.

After 2 days of running it down to 0 and charging while switched off, I got good battery life with the charge holding up to 100% quite well

So today I decided to charge it while it was switched on, and it charged to 100%, a couple of minutes later and its below 90% again!

I don't know why this is happening because it seems to work fine when charged while switched off, but not when its on.

What should I do?

Drained mine down last night and charged up.

7.30 off charge - used it for 4 text's 2 mins max on net 9 mins of solitare and at 8.45 battery was 94%.

At 9.21 on standby (no data) it was still at 94%.

12.30 it had gone down to 84% after some more net usage and few texts.

So in 5 hours it was draining at 3.2% approx.

When I'm not using net I turn of data so I guess that helps but not really how I want it to run.

I also have a live wallpaper (dark colours) running.

As I type it's now 1pm and 82%.

Tonight I will charge whilst on and compare tomorrow!

Well it's now 4.19pm and battery is at 70% and I have data on as well for while now.

Test will be tonight and charging left on!

Its on charge for the night and currently back up to 88%.

I have the data on and it will be interesting to see how it is in the morning.

Its strange because my battery life is excellent.
Its at 48% right now after 13 hours usage.
This is because once my charge drops to 90% (within 5mins off charge) I recharge to 100% (which takes about 30mins) and then the battery lasts excellently.

But its an inconvenience to have to recharge to 100% after I wake up incase I'm in a hurry.

I am going to do a factory reset tonight and if it is at 90% tomorrow, I'll ring tmobile and get a replacement. (annoyed because I paid 25 euros to get it unlocked! So another 25 euros will have to be spent :/)

Hello, after the factory reset the issue has not gone!

So I am contacting HTC first for an answer, if not I will ask for a replacement from HTC/tmobile :/

My battery is still getting better. Charged it up yesterday morning and its still on 33% at 12:30pm today. I reckon 2 days shouldn't be a problem for it once its fully run in. I left the phone on overnight as well.

My battery is still getting better. Charged it up yesterday morning and its still on 33% at 12:30pm today. I reckon 2 days shouldn't be a problem for it once its fully run in. I left the phone on overnight as well.

Battery life is not the issue here, my battery life is actually pretty good, just having the inconvenience of having to recharge the device every morning (From 90-100%)

If the battery life is good then I can't see a problem? maybe the widget/app you are using to check the usage is not the best. The built in battery status does not show a percentage so maybe remove the widget you are using so it doesn't annoy you!
FYI I'm using Battery Widget, I use this because it also gives me quick access to turn BT, GPS etc on/off.

Well I woke up and it was stuck on 99% again.

Unplugged and but back into and went to 100%.

Have used it today for about 10-11 mins solitaire, 5 or 6 texts 5-6 mins on the net and still using Live wallpaper. As of 1.30 it is at 83% which is really good.

But still have this issue of 99% and stopping although before it was 98% so will drain it totally again tonight and do a full charge whilst off and maybe this will increase the % to 100 in future?

Agreed with JasonC,

Probably the app / widget to read that battery % is not good? rounding issue?

I am using this:
Battery Status - Cyrket

And I dont see this stuck at 99% ...

Try that app and see if you still see that issue.

It is NOT a widget btw, you need to tap the app to see the %.

I dont like WIDGET for this because it drains battery, this one does not.

no longer an issue for me thankfully

Took mine off charge yesterday at 9am and today at 13.30 it's still at 65% only switched the sync off this morning as well. plenty of txts and games, only a few mins on app store and a couple of short calls though, it will do me till tommorrow morning. So 48hrs with normal use for me is spot on. Obviously heavier use and it won't be so good but it's nice to know it wont die in 6-8 hrs.

the trick of running it right down seems to have helped mine no end. I'll do that once a week from now on and keep an eye on it

Agreed with JasonC,

Probably the app / widget to read that battery % is not good? rounding issue?

I am using this:
Battery Status - Cyrket

And I dont see this stuck at 99% ...

Try that app and see if you still see that issue.

It is NOT a widget btw, you need to tap the app to see the %.

I dont like WIDGET for this because it drains battery, this one does not.

I'm using battery indicator which does it by 1% rather than every 10% like some other apps.

Its strange because my battery life is excellent.
Its at 48% right now after 13 hours usage.
This is because once my charge drops to 90% (within 5mins off charge) I recharge to 100% (which takes about 30mins) and then the battery lasts excellently.

But its an inconvenience to have to recharge to 100% after I wake up incase I'm in a hurry.

I am going to do a factory reset tonight and if it is at 90% tomorrow, I'll ring tmobile and get a replacement. (annoyed because I paid 25 euros to get it unlocked! So another 25 euros will have to be spent :/)
What are you using to see the battery % ?

What do you have running when it does it (apps, their sync frequency etc?)

Hello, I called T-mobile and they are now are sending me a new battery, they claim no one else has reported the issue. It seems to be a battery fault, and if it is the handset, I'll be sending it back for a replacement.

If the battery life is good then I can't see a problem? maybe the widget/app you are using to check the usage is not the best. The built in battery status does not show a percentage so maybe remove the widget you are using so it doesn't annoy you!
FYI I'm using Battery Widget, I use this because it also gives me quick access to turn BT, GPS etc on/off.

The problem is that I have to recharge from 90 to 100% every morning in order to get the battery life I get.

Hello, I called T-mobile and they are now are sending me a new battery, they claim no one else has reported the issue. It seems to be a battery fault, and if it is the handset, I'll be sending it back for a replacement.

The problem is that I have to recharge from 90 to 100% every morning in order to get the battery life I get.

Well thats not true as I know others have got replacement ones from TMOB and mine us on way also.

Quazar, you still dont appear to have stated what apps you have running, sync frequencies etc. Bluetooth, GPS, 3G and/or wi-fi running?

This could all have a huge bearing on the drop issue.

Also, do you have good pr weak 3G signal?

Quazar, you still dont appear to have stated what apps you have running, sync frequencies etc. Bluetooth, GPS, 3G and/or wi-fi running?

This could all have a huge bearing on the drop issue.

Also, do you have good pr weak 3G signal?

Hello, sorry for not answering!

I performed a factory reset to see if it worked without any apps installed and the issue was still there.

I have wifi, bluetooth and GPS switched off.
Syncing is switched off for everything apart from email and facebook (4 hours) and I usually have 3 bars 3G signal.

I reckon its a bad battery but when I get my replacement battery, I will be able to determine if its the battery or the phone.

Back
Top Bottom