• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charges to 90% and stops sometimes

Also having this issue. Phone charges up to 100% overnight, then according to JuicePlotter the battery consistently drops to 90% at some point in the early morning (while all the time plugged in) before then charging back up to 100%. This is very frustrating as the phone never seems to hold the top 10% of charge the first time round.

Mine does the same about every 3 hours according to juiceplotter. It only takes 30 mins to drop from 100% to 89% though.:eek:

Surely it cant be right using that much battery in such a short time while nothings going on.

bump.

i having same issues guys.

i have a black desire unlocked and it drops to 90%.

i have read the whole thread - but what i dont understand is that some of you guys on here are saying that when you plug your phone in again to charge to 100% your battery tends to last longer. yet HTC are saying its just an error in how the software reads the battery life.

so my question is: does charging from 90% to 100% make the batt last longer?

also, i'm going to charge my phone turned off tonight and see what happens.

The phone doesn't start trickle charging till it drops to 90% when you unplug it and it sits from anywhere from 100 to 90 its the natural discharge. If you manage to unplug it once its at 100 that's just good timing.

ok as i mentioned above i turned my phone off and did an overnight charge.

turned on in morning and battery was showing 100%.

however it did go down to around 90% pretty quickly.

so i dont really know what to make of it. i think overall the life has improved though.

Just something i read somewhere a while ago:

If you left it charging over night, and it goes to 100% in, let's say, 4am, it stops charging but widgets that sync every hour, wi-fi, cpu and everything uses battery and it drops do 93% percent until 8am. So the main thing is that it stops charging when it hits 100%, and will not continue charging until you plug it off and then on again.

The HTC kernel does that, I had systempanel monitor for a few days and I notice when at ~90% it drops a little then goes back up to 90% again. Only way to get past 90% is to turn it off and continue charging it until the light turns green. However in custom ROMs it charges to 90% then slows down but continues to 100% despite the light remaining green, and once it reaches 100% you can boot into recovery and wipe battery stats for more accurate readings.

Hmmm interesting, I don't get 90% it goes to 100% but after a quick call or sms or anything really it can drop to 90%, doing a complete flatliner today, everything on and suprisingly is lasting a while!! look forward to over night charge and an update soon.

Back
Top Bottom