• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Class action law suite for Youtube app disfunction

Yes, the answer is yes. That's why God made Mydol. As for "2009 phone can't use bluetooth the way a 2002 throw away fone did."; The Eris cannot. I stand uncorrected. You started your reply with the pithy suite comment and circled the bowl from there.

Really? You are going to come back with a PMS comment? Seriously? Wow...just....wow. I have no words for something that immature.

Your original statement is accurate only because the Eris can do more with bluetooth than a 2002 phone. While it can't use voice dialing (I'm not really going to argue with you on the semantics of "throw away" phones even having bluetooth in 2002). It is faster (up to 3 x faster), has an extended sync distance, lower power consumption and cleaner signal. Not to mention a little things like A2DP. So you are right, it doesn't work the way that it would on a 2002 phone. With the exception of voice dial it is better.

BUT, I didn't want to get into a flame fest. My original point so ineptly stated, was that not being able to voice dial on an otherwise fabulous cellular telephonic handheld device, (fone), should not be acceptable in 2010.

I will agree to a certain extent. Voice dialing (for some) is a must and I actually know people that have refused to switch to Android simply because the feature is not available.

There are other options though. 2 of my bluetooth devices actually have phone books. This overrides the need for voice dialing. I can scroll to that contact and dial from my headset or speaker.
 
Instead of hitting the company's finacially which is ******ed even if Google is a Juggernaut in terms of financial means it makes no sense. "Lets take there money so they have to focus their attention/money on us instead of Android development". Guys stop fcking complaining, this IS what's wrong with America. "OMGz my phonez cantz g3t t3h Yut(_)bez.
 
That's not exactly what I wanted. I want Firefox to load a web page and filter/correct all the kiddie language and convert it to English before it displays the output to my screen. I'm not that worried about spell checking my postings. :)

Aahhh! Now that would be a great add on. This is as close as I could come or dis S as clse as I cUd cum.
 
You have to understnad that you dont understand that you PAYED for EACH and EVERY app that is on your phone. You dont understand this becuase you are not a software engineer or have any experience in developing any kind of product. So please stop living in your own reality. Its best for you to just say that you dont know (which you dont) and stay idle.

Definately a stupid punk-a$$ kid. An adult would know when his a$$ has been handed to him and he would sulk away. Only a punk would continue to tell individuals of superior age AND intellect that THEY are not "this" or "that". Pay no mind that Napster is none of these things either--he just knows better than we do.

As I told my punk-a$$ nephew one time: "All you need is an ass-kicking to knock some smart into you!"

You just CAN'T fix stupid...
 
I think Google, Verizon, and HTC are going to all chip in $33 each(+tax) and buy back his phone.
 
You have to understnad that you dont understand that you PAYED for EACH and EVERY app that is on your phone. You dont understand this becuase you are not a software engineer or have any experience in developing any kind of product. So please stop living in your own reality. Its best for you to just say that you dont know (which you dont) and stay idle.

This is actually where you're wrong. Not only did you not pay for ANY stock app, but you also did NOT pay for the OS. Android is 100% completely free, as well as any included apps. The only thing you paid for was the hardware.

Now, if there were two options... one Droid Eris with YouTube, and one without, and the one with it was more expensive then you MIGHT have a point. But that's not the case... not even close.

Seriously... just give up. Do you know why everyone is disagreeing with you? It's because you're wrong.
 
This is actually where you're wrong. Not only did you not pay for ANY stock app, but you also did NOT pay for the OS. Android is 100% completely free, as well as any included apps. The only thing you paid for was the hardware.

Now, if there were two options... one Droid Eris with YouTube, and one without, and the one with it was more expensive then you MIGHT have a point. But that's not the case... not even close.

Seriously... just give up. Do you know why everyone is disagreeing with you? It's because you're wrong.


That.
 
this is a waste of time. Why be so upset about not being able to watch some crappy videos on my phone? I have yet to use the app more than twice, i didn't even notice that the app stopped working until I read the topic the other day. There is so much more to use this amazing phone for other than youtube and starting another worthless lawsuit is just moving in the wrong direction.
 
This is actually where you're wrong. Not only did you not pay for ANY stock app, but you also did NOT pay for the OS. Android is 100% completely free, as well as any included apps. The only thing you paid for was the hardware.

Now, if there were two options... one Droid Eris with YouTube, and one without, and the one with it was more expensive then you MIGHT have a point. But that's not the case... not even close.

Seriously... just give up. Do you know why everyone is disagreeing with you? It's because you're wrong.

Actually, you are wrong. It took money and time to make those stock apps we use, and don't think for a second because Android is so-called "Free," that there is no actual initial cost included into the "actual" cost of the device. Also, HTC Sense is custom software so there ought to be some extra cost for Dev's to design that. So I would say he has a point on that issue. Nothing is free, ever.

Just pointing out the flaw, no disrespect to your comment. There's no way he would win this suit anyhow because it's got zero merit and is ridiculous. Like suing someone for a hair on your meal, except they replaced it with a new plate of food, but still, lets sue them to make a point. Must live in California or New York.
 
It's people like Napster that make America corrupt. No wonder the Jihad hate us. People like Napster can't click a simple icon and get instant access to millions of videos, so he expects to be paid buku bucks in return. It's sad.

And what's even sadder is that frivolous lawsuits like this actually sometimes pay out. If I were living in a mud hut living off of my goat's milk and sharing a room with my 7 brothers and 4 sisters, I'd hate America too. People like Napster take EVERYTHING they have for granted and get pissy about the smallest little things. A simple click on his phone doesn't work and he wants to sue. Does anyone else realize how pathetic that is?

People like this need to be executed. They're the epitome of what makes America look bad to the rest of the world. Open your browser, go to YouTube.com and thank God you live in a country where not only can you do this crap from your phone, but you're not crapping in a hole in the ground with the rest of your village.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!! You communist....
 
Actually, you are wrong. It took money and time to make those stock apps we use, and don't think for a second because Android is so-called "Free," that there is no actual initial cost included into the "actual" cost of the device. Also, HTC Sense is custom software so there ought to be some extra cost for Dev's to design that. So I would say he has a point on that issue. Nothing is free, ever.

Just pointing out the flaw, no disrespect to your comment. There's no way he would win this suit anyhow because it's got zero merit and is ridiculous. Like suing someone for a hair on your meal, except they replaced it with a new plate of food, but still, lets sue them to make a point. Must live in California or New York.

It did take money or time, but they are free in the marketplace. And most of this software is open-source and licensed under the GNU public license, meaning it is free. Same goes for the OS. The stock software, aside from maybe the SenseUI, don't cost anything.
 
There are other options though. 2 of my bluetooth devices actually have phone books. This overrides the need for voice dialing. I can scroll to that contact and dial from my headset or speaker.
That does work, but kinda, pardon me, kind of, negates "hands free".
With the exception of voice dial it is better.
Oh is THAT all. I'd insert a smiley but that is so internet.
 
BUT, I didn't want to get into a flame fest. My original point so ineptly stated, was that not being able to voice dial on an otherwise fabulous cellular telephonic handheld device, (fone), should not be acceptable in 2010.

So you don't want to turn this into a flame fest so you make a joke about OftheDamned being a woman and needing Mydol? This isn't Junior High, so seriously, grow up.
 
Does the YouTube app work on the Motorola Droid? The only advertisements that I've seen that have to do with YouTube and a Droid phone is for the Motorola Droid, not the HTC Eris. Based on the OP's post, he's getting pissy and throwing a tantrum because it doesn't work with the Eris, not the Motorola Droid.

Please let me know if I'm mistaken.

Yes it works perfectly on my Motorola Droid
 
You click on a video in the YouTube app and first you see this:

loadingvideo.jpg


and then next you see this:

videocannotbeplayed.jpg



Note: I don't think I've seen a single person mention this on this forum: The bug appears to be a little bit random, possibly even a timeout issue. The reason why I say this: You can click on the exact same video, and sometimes it will load and play, and sometimes it won't.

Give that a whirl - sometimes it will load the 2nd time you try it, some times the 3rd... still a bug of some sort, for sure... but I'll bet it gets fixed pretty soon, with or without any lawsuit.


eu1

Not all videos can be played via a mobile phone. A lot require flash, but Google's converted a lot to work on mobile phones
Try searching for =3
That plays perfectly for me
 
Actually, I do have difficulty with the Motorola Droid. It takes long to upload and is sometimes impossible to play in high quality. It's been a little disappointing but on the other hand it could be our reception too. Anyone else? (I'm not on the band wagon of lawsuits, however)

It all depends on if your viewing hq vids on wifi or 3g, and uploads really depend on using wifi but depending on bandwidth and file size it still might take awhile. Recommend wifi for hq vid playback
 
I didn't PAY for the YouTube app, it was a freebie just like all the other apps that came loaded on my Eris, no one pays for YouTube whether its on a cell phone, on the computer or on an iPhone!

Napster I can't wait to hear how this works out for you!! Oh please do keep us updated with your stupid "law SUITE"! What are your damages, again? Oh wait, I know, you couldn't figure out how to apply your makeup for the day because you couldn't download a makeup video with your YouTube app on your Droid...that is AWFUL!! Keep us updated, please oh please!!
 
This has given me tons of laughter, first why don't you add they didn't incorporate a stungun into the phone, how ya going to protect yourself from all the baddies? Isn't Google vzw or HTC supposed to keep you safe? LOL not serious there,just pointing out how useless you lawsuit is. Cancel it, then pool your money/knowledge together then find a dev that can put together a good YouTube replacement application.
 
It did take money or time, but they are free in the marketplace. And most of this software is open-source and licensed under the GNU public license, meaning it is free. Same goes for the OS. The stock software, aside from maybe the SenseUI, don't cost anything.

From a business aspect the costs include themselves overall.
 
Back
Top Bottom