• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Class Action Lawsuit?

Do you think Samsung deserves a class action lawsuit for selling a defective product?

• Yes

Votes: 41 95.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
These f-ing weasels! This just keeps getting better and better. I finally got a call from the lawfirm that I contacted about pursuing the lawsuit. There is a clause in our warranties which states that unless you send Samsung a letter within 30 days of buying the phone saying that you want to be able to file a class action lawsuit, you have to go through arbitration. In other words, you have to hire a lawyer and jump through god knows how many hoops to have any hope of holding Samsung accountable for selling you a broken phone. Because of this clause, all of you are unable to participate in a class action suit, making Samsung effectively immune to this sort of action. I am in awe of the arrogance and injustice.

i just saw that you said you had to file the lawsuit within 30 days of purches. my girl just got the phone knowing it had the problem so i am willing to help with sticking it to samsung

@kurstnelson - The true beauty of Samsung's arrogance, is that it makes them effectively immune to class action. A class action suit is where a bunch of people band together in a lawsuit to stick it to a corporation, but that can't happen here. Even if your girl gets her letter in on time, she will be the only one able to file a lawsuit and thus, there is no class action there. It will just be one person and no law firm will take the case because they won't get any money out of it.

Did your lawyer say anything about the legality of a clause like that? That's a dangerous precedent for a company to set and it should be challenged...

Who's down for a good ol' fashioned publicity campaign? My uncle did one for LG about 2 weeks ago after they sent back a wrecked phone and refused to admit their fault. He argued with them for 3 weeks on the phone about how the phone was wrecked by their tech's (melted speaker etc...) even emailed a couple of their vp's but no response... So he went on facebook with all his friends on a certain day and just spammed their page with comments like don't buy LG they dont support their phones and got an email back from their PR vp the next day...

I'm not saying we'll get a reply in a day but if we all ask our friends to participate and bombard them with the truth and maybe even throw in that warranty clause thing we just might have a solid campaign to get things done in the public arena...

Edit: also, Samsung.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WZNVlyEW7I

those ****ers deleted my post!! so now I'm going to do it everyday!!!!
come on people... everyone needs to flood their page so much that people have no choice but to read what they are doing

write a complaint in Word and save it on your computer and copy/paste it to their page everyday. cuz they will just delete it but if we do it everyday and its enough of us they will get through

Yeah they will delete your posts.. it is the mo of companies to not let negative publicity be seen on their page. Please make it a habit to post as many times as possible or as frequent as you check facebook throughout the day.. get your friends and family involved and other forums as well... I posted in the samsung forum here but it has not been seen by many...

Remember for this campaign to work we need to make it more profitable for them to fix the issue then to delete our posts including the bad publicity gained from our posts... the more people involved the better the chance at success and the faster it will come to fruition.

Get your friends and family involved!!!

Edit: post on sprint and boosts page as well... if samsung feels their sales will decline because of bad publicity on their resellers website it may hasten their decision...

The touchscreen is fixed in CM7...no drop bug. I'm sure the stock GB is broken in some fundemental way. My guess is that something that Sprint or Boost added to GB broke the touchscreen input stream somehow.

I also have confirmed this with a partial tweak that improves the screen for any others that have yet to read about in the all things root

Also I have a question. Is it safe to build a list of different mods like different themes and switch between them at my leisure?

Say what? Samsung has fixed the issue? If so, how can I get it without rooting my phone, as I assume that if Samsung is the one that fixed it that a stock phone can get the fix.

Yes but you will have to wait till they release it... Or I suppose you could call them and ask them to fix your touchscreen issue and maybe they will give it to you early..

Say what? Samsung has fixed the issue? If so, how can I get it without rooting my phone, as I assume that if Samsung is the one that fixed it that a stock phone can get the fix.
Good question! I can think of a few ways to get a stock kernel from Samsung:

1. Wait for Boost or Sprint to update the Transform Ultra with the new kernel
  2. Have someone make a stock kernel from the new Samsung kernel source
  3. Just flash BobZhome's new kernel and enjoy the fix

Each would have some problems for future carrier updates.

1. Waiting for Boost or Sprint to update the TU might get you nothing for a really long time but when it did happen, the update would go without having to flash the phone back to stock.
  2. Making a new kernel using the updated source code would get you a new stock kernel but then a carrier update would fail.
  3. Flashing BobZhome's new kernel would be your best bet. You would have a fixed touchscreen but if you wanted a carrier update later, you would have to flash back to stock before doing it.

If you go with flashing BobZhome's new kernel, you should make a backup first. That way, if there is an update, you would be able to flash the phone back to stock to get the update.

Thank you, Loota and Bads3ctor.

I guess I assumed if someone was already modding the Samsung kernel that it must have already been released in a carrier update and I was somehow missing out on how to get it.

I know nothing about flashing/rooting and I lack an attention span to really get into it (at least in written word), so I'm thinking waiting with a little prodding is my best bet. I just sent Boost an email, so we'll see if that provides any info.

Thanks again.

Thank you, Loota and Bads3ctor.

I guess I assumed if someone was already modding the Samsung kernel that it must have already been released in a carrier update and I was somehow missing out on how to get it.

I know nothing about flashing/rooting and I lack an attention span to really get into it (at least in written word), so I'm thinking waiting with a little prodding is my best bet. I just sent Boost an email, so we'll see if that provides any info.

Thanks again.

Looks like today is your lucky day!

http://androidforums.com/transform-...id-any-you-get-alert-ota-update-new-post.html

Yeah I finally got mine.....leas than a week after deciding to root and mod my phone in order to fix the issues myself rather than wait.....isn't it ironic?

Back
Top Bottom