• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockworkMod Recovery for Motorola Triumph

Hello, I'm running v5.5.0.4 and I made a backup of my stock setup to try an ICS ROM and now when I wipe everything and restore the stock backup it just sits on the Motorola logo. I flashed the Stock ROM that I found on the forum and made a backup of it and it too gets stuck after I wipe Data/factory, Cache, & Dalvik cache and restore. Do I need to downgrade the ClockworkMod Recovery to restore the Froyo backups?

Upvote 0
hi guys, help pls ... i'd install cm9 0.6.14.0 using cwm 5.0.2.6, i want to know if the cm9 gonna work good on my phone i am seeing some issues on it, like frozen phone , voulme problems, gps, rebooting phone, browser, is this because the cwm o normally cm9 alpha issues or i have to update the cwm to 5.0.5.4 if i have to do it, how i update it. oh! can i update the cmw with cm9 latest version already on my phone? thanx for ur help

Upvote 0
I upgraded 5.5.0.4. There is no shutdown option - only an option to reboot. I normally prefer to shutdown and swap SD cards before restarting. Is this a faulty installation or did they change this for some reason?

Thanx.

Weird. I think it was removed. I'll have to look into it when I get a chance.

hi guys, help pls ... i'd install cm9 0.6.14.0 using cwm 5.0.2.6, i want to know if the cm9 gonna work good on my phone i am seeing some issues on it, like frozen phone , voulme problems, gps, rebooting phone, browser, is this because the cwm o normally cm9 alpha issues or i have to update the cwm to 5.0.5.4 if i have to do it, how i update it. oh! can i update the cmw with cm9 latest version already on my phone? thanx for ur help

cm9 works fine. If you are having issues as you described, it's usually caused by one of the following:

1. A bad flash -- solution: rewipe your phone in cwm and reflash the rom.
2. Apps that are causing the issues -- solution: rewipe the phone and reflash the rom then slowly reinstall your apps one at a time to see which one is causing the issue.
3. faulty hardware - get a replacement from whereever you bought it from if you got their insurance plan, otherwise get a replacement from vm.

Upvote 0
Weird. I think it was removed. I'll have to look into it when I get a chance.

cm9 works fine. If you are having issues as you described, it's usually caused by one of the following:

1. A bad flash -- solution: rewipe your phone in cwm and reflash the rom.
2. Apps that are causing the issues -- solution: rewipe the phone and reflash the rom then slowing reinstall your apps one at a time to see which one is causing the issue.
3. faulty hardware - get a replacement from whereever you bought it from if you got their insurance plan, otherwise get a replacement from vm.
thank u mantera i will try ur suggestions

Upvote 0
Hey manures what all repos need to be on the ics branch to build this? I tried it with just the recovery repo and it failed spectacularly lol! I'm figuring maybe the build and bionic. I'm hoping not too many cause I want to build this recovery without having to pull full ics source down!

To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure offhand on what other repos that the bootable recovery repo is dependent.

However, I think since you already have the gingerbread source, you might be able to just switch to the ics branch in your current bootable recovery branch and I think that should build ok for you. Of course, if you want my changes too, you'll need to either cherry-pick my commits or sync to it.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a place where I can look into this further for you atm. Sorry.

Edit: And I assume the "manures" to whom you are addressing your question is me... :p

Upvote 0
To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure offhand on what other repos that the bootable recovery repo is dependent.

However, I think since you already have the gingerbread source, you might be able to just switch to the ics branch in your current bootable recovery branch and I think that should build ok for you. Of course, if you want my changes too, you'll need to either cherry-pick my commits or sync to it.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a place where I can look into this further for you atm. Sorry.

Edit: And I assume the "manures" to whom you are addressing your question is me... :p

My bad! Yeah I hate autocorrect, and I'm horrible at typing on this phone lol! I do it while driving around delivering pizzas (yes very illegal I know) and I always type the dumbest crap. But yeah I tried with just the recovery repo on ics and it failed after like a minute of building lol! I'm gonna play around with it a little more but I hate to have to switch over like 10 repos just to build it lol!

Upvote 0
I put up 2 new CWM recovery files in the OP.

The main one is this:

CWM 5.5.0.4 (20120527) --RECOMMENDED VERSION
MT_CWM_5504_20120527.zip

Changelog from previous 5.5.0.4:
-Added "Power off" menu option back to main menu.

Also, in case anyone's touchscreen is not working or just don't like using the touchscreen keys, the second CWM version I put in the OP uses the Power key to select. I changed the menu and text color to Yellow so that it is easy to differentiate between the regular version and the no-touchscreen version.

CWM Recovery - NO TOUCHSCREEN - in flashable Zip:
MT_CWM_5504_20120527_yellow.zip

Changelog:
MT_CWM_5504_20120527_yellow.zip
-Changed menu and text color to YELLOW.
-Always show the "Go Back" menu options on submenus.
-The keys for this version are:

Volume up --> up
Volume down --> down
Power --> select
Menu --> nothing
Home --> nothing
Back --> back
Search --> nothing

Reactions: viskon and punkmaxx
Upvote 0
Hello all!

Just joined, so total n00b on this stuff (though *very* computer skilled).

My phone does not seem to want to boot into download mode - even when I hold both buttons down correctly, it still boots normal (and no vibration) :(

Any ideas?

Thanks! (Very anxious to try CM7!)
=======================
Nevermind - stupidity in overload - was using Volume Up, instead of Dwn, lol

Upvote 0
Hello all!

Just joined, so total n00b on this stuff (though *very* computer skilled).

My phone does not seem to want to boot into download mode - even when I hold both buttons down correctly, it still boots normal (and no vibration) :(

Any ideas?

Thanks! (Very anxious to try CM7!)
=======================
Nevermind - stupidity in overload - was using Volume Up, instead of Dwn, lol

I think you can use abd, just enable usb debugging on your phone and then use this command

adb reboot download

edit: just saw your edit haha ignore this then

Upvote 0
Ok, now I'm worried that I bricked my phone :(

I DID do a Nano backup with CWM, but then I installed the wrong CM7 mod :(

I realized that after it wouldn't boot past the "M" logo. So I removed the battery and booted back into CWM and restored the backup.

The restore registered successful, but it still won't boot past the "M" logo :`(

Any help?!
===================
Ok, had a spare SD card and my old Triumph unit, so copied the files over to that card and swapped the cards. However, after applying CM7, I no longer have my Contacts or Messages.

How do I get them back?

================

Ok (lol), so I can still copy my Contacts from my old phone to my new phone via the SD card - but what about the messages?

Thanks!

================

Ok, well hopefully *someone* can learn from mu n00bness - used SMS Backup & Recovery to copy over the messages :)

Hey, I'm learning! LMAO! At least I didn't perm brick it! LMAO!

Upvote 0
Ok, now I'm worried that I bricked my phone :(

I DID do a Nano backup with CWM, but then I installed the wrong CM7 mod :(

I realized that after it wouldn't boot past the "M" logo. So I removed the battery and booted back into CWM and restored the backup.

The restore registered successful, but it still won't boot past the "M" logo :`(

Any help?!
===================
Ok, had a spare SD card and my old Triumph unit, so copied the files over to that card and swapped the cards. However, after applying CM7, I no longer have my Contacts or Messages.

How do I get them back?

================

Ok (lol), so I can still copy my Contacts from my old phone to my new phone via the SD card - but what about the messages?

Thanks!

I don't know where they are stored, but if you can boot into your backup that has the messages you can use SMS backup and restore from the market.

Upvote 0
My triumph doesn't recognize usb or chargers,im using another triumph to charge the battery for it. How can i access the mobile partition with no usb access?

What exactly is it that you are trying to do? I presume you don't have a custom recovery. I think you could mount the partition using a terminal emmulator, and this would be dangerous stuff. You would be taking a chance of hosing the system permenantly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones