• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

I'm having issues using Odin. When I have my phone in download mode, plug it up via usb and then open Odin I never get a yellow box with a com number.

I'm having issues using Odin. When I have my phone in download mode, plug it up via usb and then open Odin I never get a yellow box with a com number.

Put phone into downloading mode
Then open Odin
Then connect phone to USB cable

If that doesn't work...
unplug sdcard
try again
unplug battery
try again
try different USB port
try again
try different USB cable
try again
try different computer
try again

ok i can backup up but it always says somethin is mismatched when i try to restore it.how can i fix it?

You can not rename the backup after you make it it. If you want to be able to name them download the 'acs updater' from the market and create the backup using it.

A couple points I wanted to point out for anyone like me that is new to this. I kept wanting to figure out this Odin thing in the first steps. You don't open Odin on your phone. You actually open and load setting on your actual computer.

Would clarify this...

6. Open Odin (on your computer), you should see a yellow box with a com number

Next...

I had trouble at this step and wanted to believe phone was froze because I did not know how to scroll between options (figured it out eventually after a few reboots) and would make this note...

12. In CWM go into install zip from sdcard (use volume buttons to scroll between options and home button to select)

Last thing worth mentioning for those who are going to use this app in the future for installing roms, backing up, etc....

Hold Vol UP, and Power button until you are in CWM (DO THIS QUICKLY BEFORE PHONE BOOTS)...Is the procedure to get to CWM anytime in the future to access options within.

I have read and read but am having trouble finding whether I did right or not...

Am trying to use Link2SD (or should I be using another) to place apps on SD. Yes I have Titanium Backup as well.

Used CWM to create partition on 16GB sd card. 4048 with 0 swap. Is that even right or most efficient settings as I had a hard time finding info on this (saw somewhere that 0 swap was good for phone but I want best settings possible)? Wanted enough space available for apps and figured 11GB would be enough for media storage and stuff.

So now when I run Link2SD it asks me what kind of file system is being used on partition. Because I didn't know, I chose cancel. I also have a message that Symbolic Link not mounted.

Titanium backup does not see this partition. It simply shows an 11.9GB sd card. Do I need to make this partition active or something?

Please either tell me or link me to where I can find the proper settings for partition with the info I provided!

I have read and read but am having trouble finding whether I did right or not...

Am trying to use Link2SD (or should I be using another) to place apps on SD. Yes I have Titanium Backup as well.

Used CWM to create partition on 16GB sd card. 4048 with 0 swap. Is that even right or most efficient settings as I had a hard time finding info on this (saw somewhere that 0 swap was good for phone but I want best settings possible)? Wanted enough space available for apps and figured 11GB would be enough for media storage and stuff.

So now when I run Link2SD it asks me what kind of file system is being used on partition. Because I didn't know, I chose cancel. I also have a message that Symbolic Link not mounted.

Titanium backup does not see this partition. It simply shows an 11.9GB sd card. Do I need to make this partition active or something?

Please either tell me or link me to where I can find the proper settings for partition with the info I provided!

what ROM/Kernel are you using?

A couple points I wanted to point out for anyone like me that is new to this. I kept wanting to figure out this Odin thing in the first steps. You don't open Odin on your phone. You actually open and load setting on your actual computer.

Would clarify this...

Next...

I had trouble at this step and wanted to believe phone was froze because I did not know how to scroll between options (figured it out eventually after a few reboots) and would make this note...

Last thing worth mentioning for those who are going to use this app in the future for installing roms, backing up, etc....

Hold Vol UP, and Power button until you are in CWM (DO THIS QUICKLY BEFORE PHONE BOOTS)...Is the procedure to get to CWM anytime in the future to access options within.

I updated steps 6 and 12, thanks for the input

as far as getting into CWM, some ROMS have the option to boot into recovery, or you can do an adb shell reboot recovery, so doing the VOL UP and Power is not the only way

what ROM/Kernel are you using?

CTMOD 2.4 and the associated kernel (KoumaKernel 1.0) it installs. Thank you for the help!

And yes I saw where CTMOD lets you choose the recover option when going to shut down. Thanks for that heads up as well!

Edit: My curiosity got the best of me. I was doing some reading where I got what appears to be good advice...Any partition over 1 GB (1024mb) is overkill and to set swap to 0. Also got pointed in the direction of Darktremor A2SD for Prevail (which I believe you had a hand in) and now have questions in that thread. So I'm rolling with that. We'll see how things go...

Any advice or direction from here you might add?

Can anyone clarify for me if you are supposed to install the update after you install CWM? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, I'm not sure, but I did a new install using Odin.

But then underneath that it says "Install CWM Update", am I now supposed to install this update as well after the initial install?

Can anyone clarify for me if you are supposed to install the update after you install CWM? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, I'm not sure, but I did a new install using Odin.

But then underneath that it says "Install CWM Update", am I now supposed to install this update as well after the initial install?

That is for people that had previous versions of CWM and are updating to newest. The first set of instructions are for those that do not have it on their phone at all and are installing for first time.

Idk what the issue is but Im using google chrome, i downloaded your zip file from mediafire and it keeps saying there is some kind of data error and i get the break in operation message. I have tried extracting it using Winrar and 7-Zip and both get the same error, i even tried downloading the file again. can someone help? i really dont want to try a diff rom.

Idk what the issue is but Im using google chrome, i downloaded your zip file from mediafire and it keeps saying there is some kind of data error and i get the break in operation message. I have tried extracting it using Winrar and 7-Zip and both get the same error, i even tried downloading the file again. can someone help? i really dont want to try a diff rom.

I use Chrome and had trouble with a few links...

I just put this here myself, so I know it is good. Repacked the files using winrar...

2shared - download ClockWork.rar

I uploaded and tested the download with Chrome.

So the last set of instructions is just if you want to return the phone to factory / to take off CWM?

Correct...At least using cwn to return to factory. I don't think it removes cwm.

Still hoping to hear on this...

http://androidforums.com/3763099-post489.html

If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I have been trying to install CWM on my Prevail (with GingerBread EJ06) , but it will not install. After I use Odin and go to reboot phone, using the Volume Up + Power, I boot into the stock Recovery menu, not CWM. Please help getting CWM installed!

You could always just use Odin to flash the GB-rooted image with cwm pre-installed

Which one is that? (forgive my stupidity lol )

[URL=" http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=1153&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fandroidforums.com%2Fgalaxy-prevail-all-things-root%2F375550-odin-return-phone-stock-factory-updated-11-09-a-9.html&v=1&libid=1321446716483&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.megaupload.com%2F%3Fd%3DRUVYQDSY&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fandroidforums.com%2Fgalaxy-prevail-all-things-root%2F&title=Odin%20(Return%20phone%20to%20Stock%2FFactory)%20updated%2011%2F09%20-%20Page%209%20-%20Android%20Forums&txt=MEGAUPLOAD%20-%20The%20leading%20online%20storage%20and%20file%20delivery%20service&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13214467802911] THIS [/URL] is the DL link, it's in the Odin thread, chin made it

Hey I feel really dumb asking this but - how do you insert a link with whichever text you want it to say? Like you just did Lordvincent

Back
Top Bottom