• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

[ URL = "INSERT URL HERE"] what you want to say [ / URL ]
Without the spaces. You would be surprised what you can learn if you quote the post containing the code you're interested in

I'm sorry but I'm missing something. Where is "my page" that has the files?

Go to the top or the bottom of this page, find the text that looks like:
"Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy Prevail > Galaxy Prevail - All Things Root"

click the part that says "Galaxy Prevail - All Things Root"

look for a thread titled "Odin (Return phone to Stock/Factory)"

if you don't see it, try page 2
if you still don't see it, try page 3
if you still don't see it, try google

I found the link after reading through the thread several times. One step tells me to Copy stick.zip to SD Card. How do you do that?

I found the link after reading through the thread several times. One step tells me to Copy stick.zip to SD Card. How do you do that?

When you connect your phone to your computer, you should get either a popup or a notification that allows you to choose to allow your computer access to the sdcard. Once you do that, you can move the file just like you would move any other file to a usb drive

is there another way to root my phone that comes with cwm i used one click and now im trying to flash with odin however odin is givin me a hard time. this is my first time flashing anything so there is a strong chance i am doing something incorect.

I have...

downloaded drivers
rooted with one click
downloaded the cmd files and odin
Unziped them
put stick.zip on sd card
shut off phone
put phone to yellow downloading screen
opened odin
pluged in phone (and now odin is recognizing phone again)
i put the HROARK_SPHM820..ops file in the ops areaand the HROARK_CWMv5_SPH-M820_Odin_1P in the one package area
I checkmarked the one package
than i clicked start (with the sd card out of the phone)

now it starts the process and contines for 15 minutes with next to no progress
it is stuck four or five lines down at the verifying download platform portion,

is there another way to root my phone that comes with cwm i used one click and now im trying to flash with odin however odin is givin me a hard time. this is my first time flashing anything so there is a strong chance i am doing something incorect.

I have...

downloaded drivers
rooted with one click
downloaded the cmd files and odin
Unziped them
put stick.zip on sd card
shut off phone
put phone to yellow downloading screen
opened odin
pluged in phone (and now odin is recognizing phone again)
i put the HROARK_SPHM820..ops file in the ops areaand the HROARK_CWMv5_SPH-M820_Odin_1P in the one package area
I checkmarked the one package
than i clicked start (with the sd card out of the phone)

now it starts the process and contines for 15 minutes with next to no progress
it is stuck four or five lines down at the verifying download platform portion,

How new is your phone, did it come with Ginger Bread 2.3.4 installed already

Some one else was having a similar issue and his is a phone that came with Gingerbread

Most of us on this site our phones came with Froyo

I wonder if they blocked the use of Odin on us

that was it i didn't check mine but my wife and I got our phones the same day and i have not touched my wifes phone and it came with gingerbread ejo6

that was it i didn't check mine but my wife and I got our phones the same day and i have not touched my wifes phone and it came with gingerbread ejo6

maybe i can connect to your system and look at it, i will private message you

Correction: The newest Google Maps does FC. I guess I got lucky yesterday.

Places also FCs. I use YP anyway.

Nav appears to work fine if you do not go through Maps.

"the stick.zip is for the stock rom

it deletes the file in the stock rom that restores the stock recovery on reboot"

hroark just told me this in the cm7 thread

so i recently rooted my phone and then put CWM on it. followed the directions to the T. all went well. i then put on honey bread sandwich. so now my girl wants it done to her phone. so i rooted it. but when i tried CWM its not working. i followed the steps again. when i click the OPS tab i see the SPHM820.ops. got that in the right spot. i made sure the one package box had a check in it. then clicked the one package tab. found the CWM5027-SPH-M8200-FOR-ODEN-FIXED2A.zip and clicked it. this time it looked differen from when i did it on my phone. it wasent layed out in a strated line. it looked like an icon and it wont put it in the one package box. the sticky zip was allready on the sd card. so i deleted CWM and redownloaded it. now i cant get the file in the OPS tab cause it to looks like an icon and wont show up. its hard to decribe what im talking about. an icon is as good as i can discribe it. the same issue with the one package still occurs. not sure what im doin wrong. any help would be awsome. thanks

so i recently rooted my phone and then put CWM on it. followed the directions to the T. all went well. i then put on honey bread sandwich. so now my girl wants it done to her phone. so i rooted it. but when i tried CWM its not working. i followed the steps again. when i click the OPS tab i see the SPHM820.ops. got that in the right spot. i made sure the one package box had a check in it. then clicked the one package tab. found the CWM5027-SPH-M8200-FOR-ODEN-FIXED2A.zip and clicked it. this time it looked differen from when i did it on my phone. it wasent layed out in a strated line. it looked like an icon and it wont put it in the one package box. the sticky zip was allready on the sd card. so i deleted CWM and redownloaded it. now i cant get the file in the OPS tab cause it to looks like an icon and wont show up. its hard to decribe what im talking about. an icon is as good as i can discribe it. the same issue with the one package still occurs. not sure what im doin wrong. any help would be awsome. thanks

sounds like your not doing it right

the ops go in the ops section, one pack has a check, and then you put the TAR file in the one package box (not the zip)

(New Here)
OK guys and gals i have a question, you might have answered it before to some one and i missed it or didn't see it. so i ask for your forgiveness in advance.....

OK i would like to know if CWM would work on a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy
Precedent (SCH-M828C) ? http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...od-v5-0-2-6-file-system-recovery-utility.html
I have used Odin to Root my phone all went very well with that one.Used the SCH-M828C.ops to root it could not use SPHM820.ops.
Today I Used a verision from Android Market of CWM and tried to do a Rom Back up and it Bricked my Phone... Had to Buy another one today....and i don't want to do that again..
So Can i safely use the CWM for the prevail ?

Thank for any and all input and help in this ...
AZ.

i saw the tar file but in the instructions it doesnt mention the tar file. it says use zip. ill try it with the tar

(New Here)
OK guys and gals i have a question, you might have answered it before to some one and i missed it or didn't see it. so i ask for your forgiveness in advance.....

OK i would like to know if CWM would work on a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy
Prestige (SCH-M828C) ? http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...od-v5-0-2-6-file-system-recovery-utility.html
I have used Odin to Root my phone all went very well with that one.Used the SCH-M828C.ops to root it could not use SPHM820.ops.
Today I Used a verision from Android Market of CWM and tried to do a Rom Back up and it Bricked my Phone... Had to Buy another one today....and i don't want to do that again..
So Can i safely use the CWM for the prevail ?

Thank for any and all input and help in this ...
AZ.

I thought the SCH-M828C was the Precedent

This guy ported my CWM to the Precedent
[AA51][MOD]ClockWorkMod Ported to Precedent

i saw the tar file but in the instructions it doesnt mention the tar file. it says use zip. ill try it with the tar

corrected

Thank you for pointing that out for me, I recently updated the instructions and fudged it up

I saw the update made on Jan 12th today, and I have a question:

- Do I need to install this, and if so, since I already have it installed from a previous install of gb-rt-cwm5-kk1-a2sd.zip (inigo's 2step method version of http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...rktremor-a2sd-prevail-updated-11-18-11-a.html

Do I need to install this using the "Update" method as stated on the first post for the install:

Install CWM Update
1. Download the SPH-M820-CWM-5027-UPDT-FIXED2A.zip
2. Copy it to your SD Card
3. From a powered off phone put phone into CWM Recovery Mode by holding Volume Up, and Power button until you are in the CWM-based Recovery Menu
4. In CWM-based Recovery go into install zip from sdcard
5. select choose zip from sdcard
6. select SPH-M820-CWM-5027-UPDT-FIXED2A.zip
7. select Yes - Install SPH-M820-CWM-5027-UPDT-FIXED2A.zip
8. After it is done installing Press back button
9. Select Reboot System Now
?

sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, just want to be certain about it.
-thanks-.

Back
Top Bottom