• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

ok so im stuck at step 9. Select the CWM5027-SPH-M8200-FOR-ODIN-FIXED2A.TAR file in the One Package box it's not lit up what can i do?

Well you have to use ;) ODIN if its not obvious. There is a check BOX on the left side. You have to check "One Package" option before the "One Package" button lights up in the "Selet Integrate Package" (odin v.4.42), bottom right:cool:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Came in from ctmod thread.
My question is.
Why doesn't cwm partition my SD card anymore?
And also, is there a way to UNpartition my card?

I found one very effective way to unpartition your SDcard.
It involves using CWM
though if you try this and it works, your CWM is fine and will probably work again from that point :)

1) Boot into CWM recovery
2) launch ADB shell (adb is available from many places, OCR, My Image builder, Google's ADT, etc)
3) run sdparted from the command line with the interactive option ("sdparted -i" no quotes)
4) select Y for all yes/no questions.
5) enter 0 for SWAP size
6) enter 0 for EXT size
7) press enter to accept default for both ext type (will end up ignored for a 0 size) and the remaining SDcard VFAT partition size (will default to the entire card size)
8) REF: step 4 (Select Y for all Y/n questions)
9) verify final report shows that the entire SDcard is partitioned as vfat

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
It involves using CWM
though if you try this and it works, your CWM is fine and will probably work again from that point :)

2) launch ADB shell (adb is available from many places, OCR, My Image builder, Google's ADT, etc)
3) run sdparted from the command line with the interactive option ("sdparted -i" no quotes)
5) enter 0 for SWAP size
6) enter 0 for EXT size
7) press enter to accept default for both ext type (will end up ignored for a 0 size) and the remaining SDcard VFAT partition size (will default to the entire card size)

This is great news.
I have been trying to format
But its failed all of em.
Leaving my once 8gb card to a 6gb card

Upvote 0
PS. Idk how to get ad shell and idk what it is or how it works. XD

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...oot-samsung-prevail-replenish-shabbyfied.html

Download One Click Root found in the first post there. In the zip file, is an app named adb.exe

You open a command prompt window and cd to the directory you save adb.exe to.

you run adb shell by typing "adb shell" in that command prompt window once in the proper directory.

Obviously, you need to have your phone plugged into the USB and have Debugging turned on, or be in recovery mode which also runs the debug server.

Upvote 0
It involves using CWM

5) enter 0 for SWAP size
6) enter 0 for EXT size

ran this step by step as best as possible. but i got 32 fat instead of vfat... xP

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Is it possible for ClockWorkMod to add support for custom boot animations? I've heard one would need either a custom kernel (this would require wiping my phone yet again) or a rom that supports it....ClockWorkMod is a custom rom correct?

I have ClockWorkMod installed but apparently that's not enough to get working custom boot animations. :(

I really don't want to have to install a new kernel to do this as I've already wiped my phone 3-4 times already. What is it exactly in the kouma kernel and others that turns that feature on? Perhaps I can edit a system file somewhere in the kernel so that the phone looks for the bootanimation zip file. :p

Sigh, if only someone figured out those QMG files. Custom QMGs would making custom animations possible for any configuration as long as the phone was rooted. :p

EDIT: Looks like ShabbyMod can do this for me without a wipe. I'll do another odin backup and proceed that route.

ShabbyMod isn't compatible with Gingerbread....back to square one it seems. :(

Upvote 0
Android Version: 2.3.5 (stock rooted)
Baseband version EJ06. (stock)
Kernel is version 2.6.35.7 (stock)
Build Number: Gingerbread.EJ06 (stock)

Other then having clockworkmod installed and being rooted, everything else is stock. And the phone is a Prevail of coarse. :D

Kouma kernel does stuff involving EXT4, so that one at least requires phone wipe since my phone is not using EXT4 and isn't doing anything fancy with the SD card.

If a stable kernel can be installed without wipe that enables boot animations, then I'm all ears. :D

As for the rom...I'm not entirely sure how to check that as I don't know what would define one as a rom? Is it the Android OS I'm using? The baseband version? I do know it's full stock + CWM and ACS One click root. The phone does not have the new FA19 update and auto update prompts for it have been disabled via autostarts method. If a new baseband comes out I will wait for a Odin version of it to come out that's pre-rooted anyway as I'm pretty sure that since FA19 stops the one click root method and new versions past that will likely be the same.

I do know I don't have what's needed to make it work since I have installed custom boot animations in the correct location and the phone just ignores it. Custom boot sounds do work though and I have already changed the boot sound.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones