• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

I rooted my phone like two weeks after it was released. When i hold the Up arrow and power button i boot up into what looks like a different type of recovery utility.

Android system recovery (3e)

Samsung Recovery Utils
-for BML-

Then i have four options
reboot
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

I have a feeling a have a different bootload, i have tryied to install CWM with Odin but Odin says reset but never resets phone. I waited til it said pass, rebooted holding up and power, back to same (NOT CWM) recovery tool as before.

Any tips on getting CWM installed on my phone?

Thanks!

try this...
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...ock-factory-updated-02-23-new-fa19-image.html

Upvote 0
i get a lot of

big partition size!

and nothing seems to happen!

Says START but nothing seems to go.

I killed the process after 10minutes, does it take longer than that?

what's up man???

just follow hroark's instructions from the first post in this thread and you'll be ok... pay attention the step # 11 very important!!!

Install CWM with Odin
1. Download and unzip CWM5027-SPH-M8200-FOR-ODIN-FIXED2A.zip
2. Download stick.zip and copy stick.zip to SD Card
3. Install the Samsung USB drivers (if you don't already have them)
4. From a powered off phone put phone into Download Mode by holding Volume Down, Camera Button, and Power button until the Yellow Downloading message appears
5. Plug phone into USB port
6. Open Odin (on your computer), you should see a yellow box with a com number
7. Select SPHM820.ops in the OPS box
8. Put a check in One Package
9. Select the CWM5027-SPH-M8200-FOR-ODIN-FIXED2A.TAR file in the One Package box
10. Click Start
11. When Odin says reset and the phone reboots Hold Vol UP, and Power button until you are in CWM DO THIS QUICKLY BEFORE PHONE BOOTS, IF PHONE BOOTS UP ALL THE WAY START BACK AT STEP 4. you do not have to wait for Odin to say pass, that does not work
12. In CWM go into install zip from sdcard (use volume buttons to scroll between options and home button to select)
13. select choose zip from sdcard
14. select stick.zip
15. select Yes - Install stick.zip
16. After it is done installing Press back button
17. Select Reboot System Now

Reactions: eyezek408
Upvote 0
I followed it exactly but it never reset my phone automatically. I will try again and reboot manually once it says reset!

Is Odin seeing the phone? (does it give a com number)

If not-
Have you installed the drivers?

Is the phone in "downloading..." mode?

If yes to above, reinstall the drivers.
-reboot computer
-use different cable
-use different usb port on pc
-use different computer

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have used the PREVAIL_M820_FA19_Rooted_CWM , it worked great. but i cannot get CWM to do a restore. it seems to make backups ok but wont restore them, always gets an error when it gets to SYSTEM part, a dev/block/ thing. am I correct in assuming that's because the stock FA19 image would need an extension 4 kernel for CWM 5.0.2.7 to work? is it possible to go back to CWM 5.0.2.6 by doing an odin or flash a copy of CWM 5.0.2.6 over 5.0.2.7 so I wouldn't have to go with a different kernel, or would I have to flash an ext4 kernel? i would like to be able to do backups and the ability to restore those backups. If it is easier to just use a different kernel, which one would someone suggest for the Fa19 (stock, rooted,CWM) setup? I actually would prefer to go without an ext4 kernel. I am not even sure if I am at the correct thread for this?

-found solution to my prob--
I found that when I went back to CWM v5.0.2.6, and removed boot and recovery images from the cwm backups, and the corresponding md5sum lines from the nandroid.md5 file in each, now ALL of my backups will restore without a glitch. now my prevail has FA19 stock rooted with CWMv5.0.2.6 that does backups and restores them as well. it was probly me doing something wrong to begin with, but am happy now.
Thanks to hroark13 and all the devs involved again for all the work involved in making a good phone experience a whole lot better.

Reactions: echoe_nyx
Upvote 0
what's up man???

just follow hroark's instructions from the first post in this thread and you'll be ok... pay attention the step # 11 very important!!!

Install CWM with Odin
1. Download and unzip CWM5027-SPH-M8200-FOR-ODIN-FIXED2A.zip
2. Download stick.zip and copy stick.zip to SD Card
3. Install the Samsung USB drivers (if you don't already have them)
4. From a powered off phone put phone into Download Mode by holding Volume Down, Camera Button, and Power button until the Yellow Downloading message appears
5. Plug phone into USB port
6. Open Odin (on your computer), you should see a yellow box with a com number
7. Select SPHM820.ops in the OPS box
8. Put a check in One Package
9. Select the CWM5027-SPH-M8200-FOR-ODIN-FIXED2A.TAR file in the One Package box
10. Click Start
11. When Odin says reset and the phone reboots Hold Vol UP, and Power button until you are in CWM DO THIS QUICKLY BEFORE PHONE BOOTS, IF PHONE BOOTS UP ALL THE WAY START BACK AT STEP 4. you do not have to wait for Odin to say pass, that does not work
12. In CWM go into install zip from sdcard (use volume buttons to scroll between options and home button to select)
13. select choose zip from sdcard
14. select stick.zip
15. select Yes - Install stick.zip
16. After it is done installing Press back button
17. Select Reboot System Now

I find it works much better if you switch step 5 with the first part of step 6.
5. Open Odin (on your computer)
6. Plug phone into USB port, you should see a yellow box with a com number

Upvote 0
I have installed rom manager with odin then updated and followed each instruction to the letter however when i go to rom manager to partition my sd card it says i must have clockwork mod installed but when i click install it gives the wrong lisst of phone models (commtiva z71,dell streak, geeksphone one, Huawei ascend 1, 2, pulse, pulse mini, and u8220/u8230, lge esteem, micromax and spice m1700).

Upvote 0
I have installed rom manager with odin then updated and followed each instruction to the letter however when i go to rom manager to partition my sd card it says i must have clockwork mod installed but when i click install it gives the wrong lisst of phone models (commtiva z71,dell streak, geeksphone one, Huawei ascend 1, 2, pulse, pulse mini, and u8220/u8230, lge esteem, micromax and spice m1700).

???? ROM manager is an APP. Odin does not install it. Using ROM manager on this phone will render it unusable (prevail isn't supported)
Odin is used to install cwm... And you access it by holding Vol up + power from a powered off phone

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I have found this in the first post of this thread, ----

""Only Download ClockWorkMod from the links provided in my post, if you download ClockWorkMod from some other source and brick your phone, you will need to go to the place that provided those files for help.

I would also like to mention that you should not use Rom Manager on the Prevail to try and and flash CWM or kernels, Rom Manager is an excellent program. but our phone is not supported for those functions yet."" ---

I hope that helps

Upvote 0
hi hi hi my little droogs

it is not named ClockWork Mod because it fixes clocks

it is name ClockWork MOD because Koush is a big fan of A Clock Work Orange

Which is an excellent book and movie

A Clockwork Orange- Trailer Edit (Synced) - YouTube

really though i started a thread and the first set of #'s is the date and the second is the time i think 1st is on 24 hour and 2'nd is on 60 min and 3'rd is on 60 sec and mine is off can make a backup at like 9or 10 pm and it will call my backup dated for the next day, HOW IS THAT WHEN MADE ON LETS SAY 3/31/2012 AT 9:00PM AND THEN WHEN DONE MY BACKUP SAYS 4/1/2012 AT 01.23.54 HOWCAN THAT BE??????

Upvote 0
really though i started a thread and the first set of #'s is the date and the second is the time i think 1st is on 24 hour and 2'nd is on 60 min and 3'rd is on 60 sec and mine is off can make a backup at like 9or 10 pm and it will call my backup dated for the next day, HOW IS THAT WHEN MADE ON LETS SAY 3/31/2012 AT 9:00PM AND THEN WHEN DONE MY BACKUP SAYS 4/1/2012 AT 01.23.54 HOWCAN THAT BE??????

the time is set on the phone by getting it from the cell phone network

since the radio is non functioning while in CWM, it is not pulling the time from the network

sorry, I don't know how to fix that, at this moment

Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0
the time is set on the phone by getting it from the cell phone network

since the radio is non functioning while in CWM, it is not pulling the time from the network

sorry, I don't know how to fix that, at this moment

well thanks and was waiting to somehow hear from you if anyone knew the answer it would be you if you ever find a way let me know thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones