• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

hi. i followed all the directions and it did what you said but after i booted my phone it still looks the same. my android version says 2.3.5 and kernal 2.6.35.7 did i miss somthing or is there somthing else i need to do?

Are you trying to install a rom???

can i reset the clock in cwm, mine is way out and date is right but clock off by 9or 10 hours?

wet told me to refash and the update i did and nothing today flashed red it and flashed update to cwm again and now time is finally right for backups in cwm.:D:D:D

Wetbiker for editing wet

hey guys thanks for all the support on this forum,I was able to root my first prevail and got cwm on it using odin,but on my sons prevail we bought used,I have been able to root it and verified that by using root checker,but i couldnt use odin to do it because after doing what the instructions in the first post says,I hit start and odin starts and then it goes to a message that reads: "cannot open the usb serial port,code:32" so now that i know im rooted i figured I could maybe use odin to put cwm on the phone,so i try and im following the instructions and it still does the same thing..any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated,just want ctmod for my kid so he can DL games and stuff off play store,dont even need phone on it,lol I convinced him this prevail would be better than getting him and ipod touch and cheaper,lol so im trying to make good on my promise and gittin a lil nervous lolz..thanks guys.
oh ya the android version currently on this prevail is; 2.3.5 and the baseband is s:m820.07 xEJ06 and the kernel version is 2.6.35.7

hey guys thanks for all the support on this forum,I was able to root my first prevail and got cwm on it using odin,but on my sons prevail we bought used,I have been able to root it and verified that by using root checker,but i couldnt use odin to do it because after doing what the instructions in the first post says,I hit start and odin starts and then it goes to a message that reads: "cannot open the usb serial port,code:32" so now that i know im rooted i figured I could maybe use odin to put cwm on the phone,so i try and im following the instructions and it still does the same thing..any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated,just want ctmod for my kid so he can DL games and stuff off play store,dont even need phone on it,lol I convinced him this prevail would be better than getting him and ipod touch and cheaper,lol so im trying to make good on my promise and gittin a lil nervous lolz..thanks guys.
oh ya the android version currently on this prevail is; 2.3.5 and the baseband is s:m820.07 xEJ06 and the kernel version is 2.6.35.7

Try changing the com port to one that is lower than 10, that isn't in use

ok thanks for the advice I went to go do what you said and when odin poped up it was on (com3)already so i tried that first off just to be thorough and no dice so i changed it to 2 then 1 then 10 for the hek of it and still no dice,hey just to be sure i should have debugging off right because odin doesnt come up with a com number when it is in debugging mode and i power off and go to downloding mode (vol dn,pwr,camera)only when I uncheck the box and hold the three buttons and get to DL mode it reads the phone,just always gets the error.

ok thanks for the advice I went to go do what you said and when odin poped up it was on (com3)already so i tried that first off just to be thorough and no dice so i changed it to 2 then 1 then 10 for the hek of it and still no dice,hey just to be sure i should have debugging off right because odin doesnt come up with a com number when it is in debugging mode and i power off and go to downloding mode (vol dn,pwr,camera)only when I uncheck the box and hold the three buttons and get to DL mode it reads the phone,just always gets the error.

Debugging should not have an effect on Odin :confused: i have used it both with debuging on and off (including putting a brand new prevail directly into downloading mode straight out of the box) did you try a different usb port on the computer? different usb cable? Uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers?

ok heres what i tried since i read your last post:first I checked to make sure virus software was off and it was disabled,2nd I uninstalled the samsung usb drivers and reinstalled them (the drivers that came in the zip)then restarted pc and verified usb mode works using a different usb port and yep i was able to see my sd card there,so i ejected the phone from the pc and turned off usb mode on the phone,then turned off virus software on pc and put the phone into downloading mode,plugged in the usb cable to the pc and then to the prevail let the pc see the phone and get the "ready to use" notification in the task bar,then fire up odin,now,in odin...are all the boxes under options supposed to be checked? because they are currently,i just checked the box marked "one package",and then clicked on ops and opened the only file there,the "sphm820" one,then on "one package" at the bottom I opened the only one there as well witch is the CWM one,then hit start and I just get, "start thread detected:0" four times with the numbers 5,6,7,8,in front of each line and then it waits about 20 seconds and gives that error,"cannot open usb serial port:32",sorry if this post is redundant,I know others have had trouble one way or another and its in these forums but so far what ive been reading hasn't quite hit it yet lol, thanks again man.

i read something this morning in these forums: "PULL THE BATTERY AND PULL THE SD CARD AND TRY AGAIN" so ill try that now by unmounting and removing sd card,then power off,remove batt. then put back in,then power up into DL mode,plug phone into usb and hope it does it..

edit:nope still the same with sd in and with sd out.

i read something this morning in these forums: "PULL THE BATTERY AND PULL THE SD CARD AND TRY AGAIN" so ill try that now by unmounting and removing sd card,then power off,remove batt. then put back in,then power up into DL mode,plug phone into usb and hope it does it..

edit:nope still the same with sd in and with sd out.

Last suggestion i can think of... Try different computer? You did everything i would have tried...
Edit- do both your phone and his share the same drive letter? I think i remember reading about changing the the phone to a different drive letter when getting errors (could be my imagination tho :rolleyes: lol)

ok his is registering as drive K and mine is registering as drive D,when connected both phones are using the same port and cord,they just come up as different drive letters.Since I have no other usb devices hooked up except for the phone cord;Ill try changing the drive letters around and see if makes a diff. And too I thought this was strange and maybe relevant,the drive letter for my DVD drive is "I", inst it supposed to be something else,like not C or D of-coarse but maybe E DRIVE or F DRIVE,not sure but seems like before I did A fresh install of XP,the drive letters seem different,like further down the alphabet,lol,and this fresh install was done A couple weeks ago witch is after I did my phone,I did mine last January,so maybe some of this has something to do with my issues,but either way thank you very much for your support,it has definitely allowed me to confirm things and rule out others,so ill keep researching and checking back here,and ill post my solution if someone else doesn't find one first,thanks again,love these forums,love these prevail phones and this community is badazzzz.

Sry you couldn't get it going, please do reply if you figure it out.
I still recommend trying a different computer (if available) at least then you will (hopefully) know if it is the phone, or your computer. (personally, I'd bet on the latter)
Best of luck :)

ok so now i have started my older pc and updated it to the latest windows updates and have been trying to get odin to install cwm and its getting a bit further along but seems to be hanging up at "recovery.img download.." any ideas? maybe just an old slow pc? been hanging there about 10 min.

ok so now i have started my older pc and updated it to the latest windows updates and have been trying to get odin to install cwm and its getting a bit further along but seems to be hanging up at "recovery.img download.." any ideas? maybe just an old slow pc? been hanging there about 10 min.

are you using the 'one package' install?
If so, try using the complete ej06 or fa19 image.
If you are not, try the 'one package' :D;)

right after i hit start,in 3 seconds on the timer the upper left box turns red and says MIBIB in black letters,then in the lower left status box it says "big partition size" a bunch of times and then "mibib download.." then "destroy instant.." then "kill timer" just a thought didnt occur to me till now but when I bought the phone on ebay the seller stated in the description that the ESN was cleared so i could activate it, but i didnt care about that since this is supposed to be an apple ipod touch 4 replacement for my kid (cuz apple sux and droid dont),it doesnt seem to me like that should be a prob but,maybe.I could be screwin up somewhere but I remember doing all the same stuff with odin this time as i did last time when I did my prevail,just mine was activated with boost when I did it, and this one is not.could that be a problem.

right after i hit start,in 3 seconds on the timer the upper left box turns red and says MIBIB in black letters,then in the lower left status box it says "big partition size" a bunch of times and then "mibib download.." then "destroy instant.." then "kill timer" just a thought didnt occur to me till now but when I bought the phone on ebay the seller stated in the description that the ESN was cleared so i could activate it, but i didnt care about that since this is supposed to be an apple ipod touch 4 replacement for my kid (cuz apple sux and droid dont),it doesnt seem to me like that should be a prob but,maybe.I could be screwin up somewhere but I remember doing all the same stuff with odin this time as i did last time when I did my prevail,just mine was activated with boost when I did it, and this one is not.could that be a problem.

Just a shot in the dark here but try a factory reset...
Unless... ...
it isn't suck in airplane mode by chance is it? changing the esn triggers an auto-brick and disables the cdma radio and can cause other issues as well (i think someone said they were getting random reboots and also some couldn't access recovery)

well airplane mode is not on,iI remember reading about that a few times,peeps were always stuck in airplane mode for 1 reason or another but not this 1 at the moment,I did the factory data reset from the settings menu and it reset but no dice on odin using either one of the methods,maybe just needs to be fliped on by boost just to sort out whatever was done by the previous guy,hmmm can i get cwm on the phone by any other means,id rather use odin but can, cmd prompt,do the trick at all?I really am a noob under cover so if that question makes no sense,please forgive me,lol.

well airplane mode is not on,iI remember reading about that a few times,peeps were always stuck in airplane mode for 1 reason or another but not this 1 at the moment,I did the factory data reset from the settings menu and it reset but no dice on odin using either one of the methods,maybe just needs to be fliped on by boost just to sort out whatever was done by the previous guy,hmmm can i get cwm on the phone by any other means,id rather use odin but can, cmd prompt,do the trick at all?I really am a noob under cover so if that question makes no sense,please forgive me,lol.

The only way that I know of to install CWM is with Odin.

does odin reboot the phone?
are you running odin as an administrator?
are you using the version included in the zip files?
does it go to the stock recovery when you try power+vol up?

i use a phone without service to flash everything i do so i know you don't need to connect for anything.
sorry for the grilling but i know this will work for you when we find the missing link

does odin reboot the phone?
are you running odin as an administrator?
are you using the version included in the zip files?
does it go to the stock recovery when you try power+vol up?

i use a phone without service to flash everything i do so i know you don't need to connect for anything.
sorry for the grilling but i know this will work for you when we find the missing link
No odin does not reboot the phone,the phone just stays in DL mode while odin stops and kills the clock and such,I just hold pwr button to get out of that mode after about 5 -10 mins,yes im running as admin,I always use the odin that comes with the zip,and yes I do have a stock recovery on the phone like the defalt one or sum shizzz,I use pwr up and vol up at the same time...I have noticed at this point though, I did not do a data factory reset the way lord recommended,I did the reset under phone settings and not using the phones default recovery crap,so ill try that next,see if that "shot in the dark" does it, and thanks for the grilling,ruling things out is good.hope we can get this,its definately something in these forums,just gota find it,and if not we will add it,lol.

edit:ok I did A factory reset from the stock recovery on the phone and tried just the "one package" usind just "CWM5027 FOR ODIN fixed" and ops,the one that came in the zip from hroark13 and still no avail,as well as the other zips with odin and the other phone,pda,boot and ops images and still nothing,with the one package method,odin hangs up at:cannot open the usb serial port:code 2,(last time it was code 32)and using the whole ej06 from chin checka and the one from koamajutsu;ROOTED EJ06 WITH cwm,odin seems to get a bit further but still hangs at:MBIB,then destroy.., then kill timer and it just sits there but i can hit start again and it does it all over again,so I reboot the phone manually and research on..thanks again for the help guys,if any one finds some more suggestions Im all ears.

Are you trying to install a rom???

Yeah I was trying to install the ctmod 3.5 and kk 2.4 but I finally figured it out. Its a cool little setup however I'm having some issues with my phone. My signal and 3g isn't that great, my phone will freeze up on me and my key board sometimes lags on the typing.

Back
Top Bottom