• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

Well, I'd like to post a screenshot of what's going on, but the forum won't let me. When I get to step 7 of installing CWM on my Prevail, I get a very different screen on Odin than what the video shows. I get the yellow COM box, but there's a "PIT" box instead of "OPS" and I have "BOOTLOADER," "PDA," "PHONE" and "CSC" for options beneath it.
I've tried reinstalling the Samsung drivers, different USB ports, taking ou the battery/SD card, etc. Still the same thing.
Anybody know why I'm getting that screen?

Well, I'd like to post a screenshot of what's going on, but the forum won't let me. When I get to step 7 of installing CWM on my Prevail, I get a very different screen on Odin than what the video shows. I get the yellow COM box, but there's a "PIT" box instead of "OPS" and I have "BOOTLOADER," "PDA," "PHONE" and "CSC" for options beneath it.
I've tried reinstalling the Samsung drivers, different USB ports, taking ou the battery/SD card, etc. Still the same thing.
Anybody know why I'm getting that screen?

You are using the WRONG version of Odin. Use the one included in the zip.

Thanks for putting this together, I got CWM and all other things root to work today. But then I did something stupid. I wanted to add an app removed by one of the mods, made a zip file to flash it using CWM, but got a message about install aborted. Then I saw a post in the mod's thread that maybe /system is read only. I tried going to CWM > mounts and storage > format /system, and that's where I messed up.

I odin-ed my phone back to the original root, but I cannot restore to previous CWM backups. Is it possible to return my phone to before formatting /system?

What error are you getting trying to restore your backup?

Once /system is formatted, that's that... There is no undo button... (besides restoring your backup, or starting fresh with Odin)

Unfortunately it's still being a problem after doing Odin again. Restore is all normal until:

Restoring system...
E:format_volume: format_frs_devi
/dev/block/stl12
Error while formatting /system!

Unfortunately it's still being a problem after doing Odin again. Restore is all normal until:

Restoring system...
E:format_volume: format_frs_devi
/dev/block/stl12
Error while formatting /system!

What rom are/were you using?
I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the inner workings of cwm, but i bet it's because the stock rom uses rfs formatted partitions and most/all custom ones for the prevail are ext4. I bet if you flashed ctmod first (to easily reformat the system partition to ext4) your backup will restore just fine

What rom are/were you using?
I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the inner workings of cwm, but i bet it's because the stock rom uses rfs formatted partitions and most/all custom ones for the prevail are ext4. I bet if you flashed ctmod first (to easily reformat the system partition to ext4) your backup will restore just fine

I'm using CTmod. I ran odin back to stock and rooted it again, looks like that did the trick. I guess I'll know for sure when I flash CTmod.

but i bet it's because the stock rom uses rfs formatted partitions and most/all custom ones for the prevail are ext4.

Wait, so we cannot backup stock then restore it? I am just wondering because I am getting the same error message whenever I try to restore the stock rom.

How long does installing the CWM take? I want to be there when it's done, but I also have other things to do. I don't want to be in front of the computer all day. :confused:

i have 53 min with it and counting..... What should i do?

NVM turned out i already had CWM v5.0.2.7 when i rooted my phone. Thanks though for answering my question!

i have 53 min with it and counting..... What should i do?

NVM turned out i already had CWM v5.0.2.7 when i rooted my phone. Thanks though for answering my question!

It's VERY unrealistic to expect people to just sit and mash the refresh button waiting for you to post. We all have personal lives and do this with our FREE time. The people here help because they want to... Nobody pays them a wage, most don't even want donations let alone have a donation button...

just try to remember that next time you decide to post in this section... We tend to be less helpful to those who are less than respectful ;):thumbdown:

When I hit the thanks button in Odin it ask me to plug up my phone
My Samsung Prevail is already plugged up to my PC

So I'm guessing that since my phone is already plugged up and it keeps asking me to connect phone that I may have a whole other ordeal

I have no clue what it may be. If you do could you please tell me what may be causing Odin to say that I have to connect phone

so before rooting, I had instagram in my phone with my google play account.

After rooting and using that same account, when trying to install it from google play web (google play on phone won't show it) I get the following message: you haven't accessed the google play store on your device with this account. I am logged in my phone with that account, and in sync apparently. Any way to make it work?

edit: wrong forum. Placed it in the correct one. please delete

so before rooting, I had instagram in my phone with my google play account.

After rooting and using that same account, when trying to install it from google play web (google play on phone won't show it) I get the following message: you haven't accessed the google play store on your device with this account. I am logged in my phone with that account, and in sync apparently. Any way to make it work?
so you logged into your google account and it won't see it, try a reboot to reset things. if that doesn't work, i really don't know but i'm sure someone else like LV would have the answer to that but just be patient he or someone else will come to the rescue.

this sounds childish, but, I'm dying to root my phone, and have no idea how to do it. i try the root for dummies, but the files are not available. PLEASE HELP. my email is arnandtara@gmail.com any help would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom