• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM11 Developer and Tester thread for ZTE MSM 8x30 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
just flashed the newer zip you uploaded, camera causes reboots (also rebooting after installing different camera apk). Still no data. not sure if the first zip I flashed read the sd card but this zip does. is it possible to set up the data on my own? (apn settings)...noob when it comes to that type of configuration.. No random reboots this time around btw :))) (Zte Awe)

Zte Warp 4G (tester 3):
Rom runs smoothly and doesnt lag
Torch doesnt work
Can't connect to camera error
Apollo works but no headphone support on device
Games and apps work a tad better thanks to open gl 3
No connection but you already mentioned that

On a side note, I tried to restore to stock but it gave me "error couldn't mount /system" but after a couple of tweaks on the philz cwm it finally restored.

Keep up the great work though

some things about this rom:
headphones will not work... (zte worked some kind of magic to get that done, but the audio was hard enough to get in the first place)
cdma data/calls/anything will not work (awe,warp4g,max) due to missing ril
camera wont work due to missing libs

i was thinking of pulling some libs from Galaxy Victory on Virgin Mobile to fix RIL for data/calls and camera (because the camera may be the same sensor as ours as its 5mp on a krait device)

just flashed the newer zip you uploaded, camera causes reboots (also rebooting after installing different camera apk). Still no data. not sure if the first zip I flashed read the sd card but this zip does. is it possible to set up the data on my own? (apn settings)...noob when it comes to that type of configuration.. No random reboots this time around btw :))) (Zte Awe)

you have a cdma phone

reb is gonna be looking into testing some ril libs to see if they work

some things about this rom:
headphones will not work... (zte worked some kind of magic to get that done, but the audio was hard enough to get in the first place)
cdma data/calls/anything will not work (awe,warp4g,max) due to missing ril
camera wont work due to missing libs

i was thinking of pulling some libs from Galaxy Victory on Virgin Mobile to fix RIL for data/calls and camera (because the camera may be the same sensor as ours as its 5mp on a krait device)

Iwrote a thread a while ago that might help

http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/705868-cm10-ril-baseband-discussion.html

My phone is a Z740, later I flashed the build 3a with pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140307-signed.zip and it was working fine, GPS was working again, only the camera was not working. I tried to go back and forward with tester 2 and now it loads the boot loader but when I try to wipe user data and cache it says it can't mount the folders, however the ROM installs successfully and the GAPPS the same thing, but after reboot it takes forever loading and never finishes boot!!! ... LOL.... it gets in the cyanogenmod inicial screen with the kitkat face and the spining arrow forever!!!

http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps/pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140307-signed.zip

My phone is a Z740, later I flashed the build 3a with pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140307-signed.zip and it was working fine, GPS was working again, only the camera was not working. I tried to go back and forward with tester 2 and now it loads the boot loader but when I try to wipe user data and cache it says it can't mount the folders, however the ROM installs successfully and the GAPPS the same thing, but after reboot it takes forever loading and never finishes boot!!! ... LOL.... it gets in the cyanogenmod inicial screen with the kitkat face and the spining arrow forever!!!

go into clock work mod

go into the mounts menu

format data

format cache

after formatting make sure try to mount them in cwm

if they don't mount, format them again

go into clock work mod

go into the mounts menu

format data

format cache

after formatting make sure try to mount them in cwm

if they don't mount, format them again

I tried that and it worked fine, build 3a with GAPPS working again, everything fine except the camera. When trying to open the camera it says Unfortunately, Camera has stoped, on second time says can't connect to camera, must be some libs or drivers. I will be following this topic so I can try it again once it's fixed, but the rest of the phone is working fine.

http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps/pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140307-signed.zip

This is Z740 ROM? CM11? Can use?

after using the "new tester build 3 rom" on the boost warp4g for a few days and learning how to get it more stable but same problems as before ..The audio is there but it gets scrathcy when alot of video content is being used.. OpenGl 3 on the boost warp4g kick ass!! on this rom... the opengl render is better and a slight faster then the warp4g stock rom.. One big issue im having is on what happen to my internal sdcard space?? it seems to fill up after a day use :)

hroark, I am very impressed to say the least. The test rom boots up fine on the warplte. I've just downloaded the source for cm11 and am currently downloading your device tree, and can't wait to start playing with it. I will keep you posted if I make any progress.

hroark, I am very impressed to say the least. The test rom boots up fine on the warplte. I've just downloaded the source for cm11 and am currently downloading your device tree, and can't wait to start playing with it. I will keep you posted if I make any progress.

i have not made the warplte files, but what you can do is copy the files from the metis folder into the warplte folder, and then go go into the warplte and change anything that says metis to warplte

it should, has not been tried yet

I tried but it booted and its a blank screen the back light is on but its blank do u think it has something to do with the kernel it also looks like there some words but there very faint and blurry u can barely see them

I tried but it booted and its a blank screen the back light is on but its blank do u think it has something to do with the kernel it also looks like there some words but there very faint and blurry u can barely see them

not sure, with out being able to work on the phone myself. not sure how to fix it

we need to find a dev that has that phone and maybe they can use some of the stuff i made

hroark13,

Many thanks for all your hard work on the ZTE Radiant and associated devices.

I'm currently testing CM11 on the ZTE Radiant with stock kernel. The microphone gain is very low and callers are unable to hear my voice. The voice recorder application is a great way to determine this. The same applies there also.

I understand from other threads that the Kernel is the area of focus for microphone gain edits?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue on the Radiant?

Thanks again!

hroark13,

Many thanks for all your hard work on the ZTE Radiant and associated devices.

I'm currently testing CM11 on the ZTE Radiant with stock kernel. The microphone gain is very low and callers are unable to hear my voice. The voice recorder application is a great way to determine this. The same applies there also.

I understand from other threads that the Kernel is the area of focus for microphone gain edits?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue on the Radiant?

Thanks again!

hey actually it is not stock kernel, when you flash the rom it installs the kernel i made, it is needed for cm11, stock kernel does not work with cm11

i am aware of the mic volume issues, hopefully we can get some more devs on this and get all the issues worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom