• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM11 Developer and Tester thread for ZTE MSM 8x30 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, adb reboot bootloader simply reboots and bypasses the bootloader. I am able to boot into the bootloader by holding Vol+ and power, but it ignores fastboot.

when you were trying fast boot was it from windows or linux ?

Yes, I've got a windows 8.1, and a windows XP/Ubuntu Linux laptop.

I'll check out root master, but I believe it's the same program as vroot, which turned out to be Chinese IMEI stealing software.

I have also tried Kingo root and could not get it to recognize the device. Never the less, I'll see if root master will work. At the very least we may be able to extract the goodies from it to make a "safe" root alternative if it does come through.

Root master will root your phone. After it is rooted, you need to install superuser and update it. Then inject into system. This will get rid of the Chinese version of su and all will be well.

Root master will root your phone. After it is rooted, you need to install superuser and update it. Then inject into system. This will get rid of the Chinese version of su and all will be well.

I managed to steal a download of vroot before they deleted all links to it, so I guess I'll jump in feet first and try that one! If not, I'll hunt root master down.

Can anyone actually confirm vroot is, in fact, root master? That's what everyone on XDA had been saying.

Nvmd it is the same:
http://www.mobilepoint.us/2013/10/android-root-master-one-click-vroot.html?m=1

I'm sorry report, it failed to root. If they got my IMEI then, let's say I took one for the team!

Thanks for all the help fellas, I suppose I'll be working on that update.zip for awhile!

I managed to steal a download of vroot before they deleted all links to it, so I guess I'll jump in feet first and try that one! If not, I'll hunt root master down.

Can anyone actually confirm vroot is, in fact, root master? That's what everyone on XDA had been saying.

Nvmd it is the same:
Android Root Master One Click VRoot V1.7.0 for 4.XX to 4.3 - Mobile Software Repair Tutorial powered by Mobile Point team

im gonna send you a PM so that you can join this IRC chanell, maybe we can help

I'll try to join soon; I'm actually packing boxes, getting ready for a big move. I'll try to join the channel but I may not be on very much for about a month.

im on zte awe took two times to flash so boot up to home screen were do u go to get gaps and will this phone b able to make phone calls?

Well folks, fastboot still did nothing but show:

<waiting on device>

I gave it about 10 minutes and then unplugged. I also tried under zte safe mode, with the same result.

Well folks, fastboot still did nothing but show:

<waiting on device>

I gave it about 10 minutes and then unplugged. I also tried under zte safe mode, with the same result.

when will you be on an internet connection that is not threw your phone

there are a few things I would like to try, but I will need to connect to your windows computer with goto meeting, but I will need to be able to reboot the phone and stuff

Unfortunately that will be some time away. Without telling my whole life story, I'm waiting on a transfer to a new job in a new state, and I've had to put my life on hold waiting. It won't be until I'm established that I have Internet service once again.

I am very eager to help get development on this particular handset... Maybe a little too eager, as I made contact with you in my spare time when I don't even have Internet!

I decided to test this ROM out. I use this phone for apps and testing. I went into the settings and the WIFI just will not turn on. I have rebooted and reflashed and nothing works. Please Help...

I decided to test this ROM out. I use this phone for apps and testing. I went into the settings and the WIFI just will not turn on. I have rebooted and reflashed and nothing works. Please Help...

hmm wifi should work

did you do a factory wipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom