• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM11 Developer and Tester thread for ZTE MSM 8x30 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
so did you guys get the cdma working? i read most of page 1 and page 3 but im lazy lol, i know sony stuff is extremely similar, samsung does things differently radio wise but if you take ril stuff from a sony device that matches this kernel it might fire up. cant say for sure but i know using the sony shared ril instead of the qualcomm shared ril setting in the build.prop works wonderfully, granted you can find a sony cdma device lol

I finally got a chance to play with this for the warplte. Are you using some toolchain other than what comes with cm11 to build? I directly copied everything from the metis config and then edited it for the warplte, but the build fails. Sorry I didn't copy the output, but I will on the next run.

I finally got a chance to play with this for the warplte. Are you using some toolchain other than what comes with cm11 to build? I directly copied everything from the metis config and then edited it for the warplte, but the build fails. Sorry I didn't copy the output, but I will on the next run.

did you use all the folders

where did you copy them

an output error would help

Yeah I copied the patches into framework, and the kernel into the root of the CM directory. The only modification form the original metis files was just swapping out the device name and model number. There is an issue with the recovery, and I am probably over looking something simple. Here is the out put.

target StaticExecutable: recovery (/home/jimsmith80/cm11/out/target/product/warplte/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/LINKED/recovery)
bootable/recovery/../../device/zte/msm8x30-common/recovery/recovery_keys.c:28: error: undefined reference to 'ui_get_showing_back_button'
bootable/recovery/../../device/zte/msm8x30-common/recovery/recovery_keys.c:31: error: undefined reference to 'get_allow_toggle_display'
external/busybox/debianutils/mktemp.c:96: warning: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/home/jimsmith80/cm11/out/target/product/warplte/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/LINKED/recovery] Error 1

Yeah I copied the patches into framework, and the kernel into the root of the CM directory. The only modification form the original metis files was just swapping out the device name and model number. There is an issue with the recovery, and I am probably over looking something simple. Here is the out put.

target StaticExecutable: recovery (/home/jimsmith80/cm11/out/target/product/warplte/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/LINKED/recovery)
bootable/recovery/../../device/zte/msm8x30-common/recovery/recovery_keys.c:28: error: undefined reference to 'ui_get_showing_back_button'
bootable/recovery/../../device/zte/msm8x30-common/recovery/recovery_keys.c:31: error: undefined reference to 'get_allow_toggle_display'
external/busybox/debianutils/mktemp.c:96: warning: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/home/jimsmith80/cm11/out/target/product/warplte/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/LINKED/recovery] Error 1

try deleting the

device/zte/msm8x30-common/recovery/recovery_keys.c

file

zte z995(overture) test3a

working:
WIFI
Bluetooth
RIL(phone data sms)
GPS
autorotating
WiFi tether
and some more...

partly working:
ART(successfully toggled to ART,but unable to install apk in ART mode)
audio(headphones are not working
not working:
LED
camera
flashlight
3rd-party inputs have display issues(Look at the attachment.I'm learning Chinese,and it's not a good thing for me...)

Thanks a lot.It's My pleasure if I can help you :p

Edit:A little unstable.Sometimes it will reboot framework randomly

Attachments

• 1oooo.jpg
    1oooo.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 157
I have ZTE Z740, and I brushed the test3a, but the camera doesn't work....and flash light~~Just started to use..It's very smoothly! I very like it, but the camera...can you fix it?? Please.....(My English is not very good, HAHA~~)

I have ZTE Z740, and I brushed the test3a, but the camera doesn't work....and flash light~~Just started to use..It's very smoothly! I very like it, but the camera...can you fix it?? Please.....(My English is not very good, HAHA~~)

The bugs are being worked out of the rom. Please check the OP to see what is working and what is not.

Not as of yet. I have a build running now for the warplte. Once it completes the first thing I will be looking into is the ril for cdma devices. If I am able to increase the functionality of the from at all I will update everyone here

用讯飞输入法不会变大~搜狗也会。。

zte z995(overture) test3a

working:
WIFI
Bluetooth
RIL(phone data sms)
GPS
autorotating
WiFi tether
and some more...

partly working:
ART(successfully toggled to ART,but unable to install apk in ART mode)
audio(headphones are not working
not working:
LED
camera
flashlight
3rd-party inputs have display issues(Look at the attachment.I'm learning Chinese,and it's not a good thing for me...)

Thanks a lot.It's My pleasure if I can help you :p

you can use 讯飞输入法~

Hroark, did you get any feed back on what happened to spz0's device?

please dont tell me your phone got messed up

spz0 was using the rom I made that had the samsung ril files, but those files were only partially working, and he tried to update his PRL, and at some point his NV RAM got screwed up to the point where the phone needed to be replaced

I see that you have forked my tree, have you been able to get it to build ?

you should also be aware that phenomx4 will be working on the AWE

you may want to monitor this thread

http://androidforums.com/awe-all-things-root/838817-rom-unofficial-cm11-still-in-development-5.html

I am not sure if he will use my tree or not, but you may want to collaborate with him

please dont tell me your phone got messed up

spz0 was using the rom I made that had the samsung ril files, but those files were only partially working, and he tried to update his PRL, and at some point his NV RAM got screwed up to the point where the phone needed to be replaced

I see that you have forked my tree, have you been able to get it to build ?

you should also be aware that phenomx4 will be working on the AWE

you may want to monitor this thread

http://androidforums.com/awe-all-things-root/838817-rom-unofficial-cm11-still-in-development-5.html

I am not sure if he will use my tree or not, but you may want to collaborate with him

The build was successful after I commented out a line in boardconfigcom.mk.

The radio is still up and working fine on my device. I had seen that there was an issue, and am trying to work out a solution. I have to download the cm11 repo again, but I plan to base the setting for the radio on the moto g and go from there

The build was successful after I commented out a line in boardconfigcom.mk.

The radio is still up and working fine on my device. I had seen that there was an issue, and am trying to work out a solution. I have to download the cm11 repo again, but I plan to base the setting for the radio on the moto g and go from there

so on your build, did you get voice / data / texting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom