• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM11 Developer and Tester thread for ZTE MSM 8x30 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the ril libs would have to be swapped out, and build.prop would need to be modified before it would work.

what I would suggest on your tree

is move RIL files out of the 8x30 common and put them in the device specific folders

I can help you with that if you want

what I would suggest on your tree

is move RIL files out of the 8x30 common and put them in the device specific folders

I can help you with that if you want

Yeah. That would be awesome, and much appreciated. I'm still learning, and trying my best not to brick this thing lol.

Try to make a Backup first, Then when Cyanogenmod is installed, Try to move the Camera/Other CDMA Files onto the System.

And I was just wondering if the Source has been tested.

Hroark,

I have everything set up on my end to do another test build. The list of files associated with the radio in msm8x30-common-vendor-blobs.mk is listed below. Do you think I will need to move all of them to the device specific folder, or only a select few of them. I am trying to modify as little as possible in msm8x30-common as possible as it would have a direct effect on any of the other devices your tree was built for.
# Radio
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/mdm_helper:system/bin/mdm_helper \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/ds_fmc_appd:system/bin/ds_fmc_appd \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/netmgrd:system/bin/netmgrd \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/qmuxd:system/bin/qmuxd \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/rild:system/bin/rild \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/rmt_storage:system/bin/rmt_storage \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/sec-ril:system/bin/sec-ril \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/etc/init.qcom.mdm_links.sh:system/etc/init.qcom.mdm_links.sh \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh:system/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/etc/init.qcom.ril.sh:system/etc/init.qcom.ril.sh \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libcordon.so:system/lib/libcordon.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libdiag.so:system/lib/libdiag.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so:system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libdsutils.so:system/lib/libdsutils.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libfactoryutil.so:system/lib/libfactoryutil.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libnetmgr.so:system/lib/libnetmgr.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libomission_avoidance.so:system/lib/libomission_avoidance.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libqdi.so:system/lib/libqdi.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libqdp.so:system/lib/libqdp.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libreference-ril.so:system/lib/libreference-ril.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so:system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libsecril-client.so:system/lib/libsecril-client.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libidl.so:system/vendor/lib/libidl.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqcci_legacy.so:system/vendor/lib/libqcci_legacy.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi_cci.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi_cci.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi_common_so.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi_common_so.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi_csi.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi_csi.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi_encdec.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi_encdec.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmiservices.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmiservices.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so:system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libril.so:system/lib/libril.so

Try to make a Backup first, Then when Cyanogenmod is installed, Try to move the Camera/Other CDMA Files onto the System.

And I was just wondering if the Source has been tested.

I'm a little confused as to what you are calling the source. Are you referring to the cm11 source code, the device tree, or the test rom?

Hroark,

I have everything set up on my end to do another test build. The list of files associated with the radio in msm8x30-common-vendor-blobs.mk is listed below. Do you think I will need to move all of them to the device specific folder, or only a select few of them. I am trying to modify as little as possible in msm8x30-common as possible as it would have a direct effect on any of the other devices your tree was built for.
# Radio
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/mdm_helper:system/bin/mdm_helper \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/ds_fmc_appd:system/bin/ds_fmc_appd \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/netmgrd:system/bin/netmgrd \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/qmuxd:system/bin/qmuxd \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/rild:system/bin/rild \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/rmt_storage:system/bin/rmt_storage \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/bin/sec-ril:system/bin/sec-ril \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/etc/init.qcom.mdm_links.sh:system/etc/init.qcom.mdm_links.sh \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh:system/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/etc/init.qcom.ril.sh:system/etc/init.qcom.ril.sh \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libcordon.so:system/lib/libcordon.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libdiag.so:system/lib/libdiag.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so:system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libdsutils.so:system/lib/libdsutils.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libfactoryutil.so:system/lib/libfactoryutil.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libnetmgr.so:system/lib/libnetmgr.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libomission_avoidance.so:system/lib/libomission_avoidance.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libqdi.so:system/lib/libqdi.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libqdp.so:system/lib/libqdp.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libreference-ril.so:system/lib/libreference-ril.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so:system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libsecril-client.so:system/lib/libsecril-client.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libidl.so:system/vendor/lib/libidl.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqcci_legacy.so:system/vendor/lib/libqcci_legacy.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi_cci.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi_cci.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi_common_so.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi_common_so.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi_csi.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi_csi.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmi_encdec.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmi_encdec.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/vendor/lib/libqmiservices.so:system/vendor/lib/libqmiservices.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so:system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/lib/libril.so:system/lib/libril.so

yeah, the msm8x30-common folder should only be for files and settings that will work on all phones, and the device specific folders would be files and settings needed for the specific phone

at least that is what I was planning on doing, and as I found that certain files and setting would not work on certain phones, move them to the device folders that they did work on

my whole plan was to try and make a tree that would work on multiple phones, so that it would attract more developers, and more people could collaborate on one project and more progress would be made, but it did not seem to attract to many developers, sorry to say

yeah, the msm8x30-common folder should only be for files and settings that will work on all phones, and the device specific folders would be files and settings needed for the specific phone

at least that is what I was planning on doing, and as I found that certain files and setting would not work on certain phones, move them to the device folders that they did work on

my whole plan was to try and make a tree that would work on multiple phones, so that it would attract more developers, and more people could collaborate on one project and more progress would be made, but it did not seem to attract to many developers, sorry to say

Just wondering, Had anyone tested the ZTE Source yet?

Yes. Worked very well.
how did u make it work for the Zte source i installed it and my sim card was not detected and camera made my phone reboot? If You or anyone could help me make it work i would be grateful im new to this i didnt have a phone for years got the zte source and was a bit disappointed there was next to nothing for the phone

Yes. Worked very well.

I also have the ZTE Source(N9511), but you know that Cricket is dropping all CDMA phones by March of 2015, right? Anyway, I will test cm11 and the camera update on the Source when I get my new phone(ZTE Overture). I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Glad you got it working though :)

I'm here to learn and hope to eventually produce a working cm11. I've googled android radio interface layer in hopes of finding some useful documentation on setting up ril for the warplte. I've also looked through similar device trees hoping to find more information, but as far as ive seen youve been the only one so kind as to call out what prebuilts are related to the radio. Are there any reference documents you could point me towards?

I also have the ZTE Source(N9511), but you know that Cricket is dropping all CDMA phones by March of 2015, right? Anyway, I will test cm11 and the camera update on the Source when I get my new phone(ZTE Overture). I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Glad you got it working though :)

I know but I do not plan to have this phone or Cricket by march next year

I'm here to learn and hope to eventually produce a working cm11. I've googled android radio interface layer in hopes of finding some useful documentation on setting up ril for the warplte. I've also looked through similar device trees hoping to find more information, but as far as ive seen youve been the only one so kind as to call out what prebuilts are related to the radio. Are there any reference documents you could point me towards?

keep in mind that the RIL files im using on the ZTE Radiant (GSM) are from a Samsung phone

here is a thread I wrote a while back on RIL you may find helpful

http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-...cm10-ril-baseband-discussion.html#post5696914

I have a boost Max and was just wanting to clarify that this ROM is compatible with my device. I'd love to start testing it for you guys but I'll have to get re-rooted later on today

I have a boost Max and was just wanting to clarify that this ROM is compatible with my device. I'd love to start testing it for you guys but I'll have to get re-rooted later on today

i think some one has tried, and the screen did not work

it probably can work with some tweaking

this rom is under development, and not ready for usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom