• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM11 Developer and Tester thread for ZTE MSM 8x30 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing though. Did you have trouble with the service or did it work just fine?

Service worked fine if I remember correctly. I haven't had the n9511 for several months now so I won't be much help. Mine was one of the originals though. If yours is new, there may be some subtle differences. Idk.

i think some one has tried, and the screen did not work

it probably can work with some tweaking

this rom is under development, and not ready for usage
Yeah I understand it's not ready. I'm pretty familiar with the whole process and I'm willing to test anything you guys put out. Also I'm going to link this thread in the official boost Max forum, as I'm sure there are some guys who would also test there as well.

On my build, soon after the device boot it states that the sim card is not installed. Have you ever had this happen on a cdma build. I swapped out the radio files for the stock warplte files, and changed

frameworks/native/data/etc/android.hardware.telephony.gsm.xml:system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.telephony.gsm.xml

to

frameworks/native/data/etc/android.hardware.telephony.cdma.xml:system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.telephony.cdma.xml

I ran grep for sim on the device tree, and didn't see anything that caught my eye

On my build, soon after the device boot it states that the sim card is not installed. Have you ever had this happen on a cdma build. I swapped out the radio files for the stock warplte files, and changed

frameworks/native/data/etc/android.hardware.telephony.gsm.xml:system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.telephony.gsm.xml

to

frameworks/native/data/etc/android.hardware.telephony.cdma.xml:system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.telephony.cdma.xml

I ran grep for sim on the device tree, and didn't see anything that caught my eye
So does your sim work now? If so I will swap out the radio files with stock files for the zte source and then it would be usable

to

try adding this to the build.prop, and then do a factory wipe

ro.telephony.ril.v3=qcomdsds
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1
persist.radio.tdscdma_present=2
ro.telephony.default_network=7
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311870
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Boost Mobile

That's weird cause my warplte has a sim.

they all do, the lte on the warp 4g actually does use a sim card, well, a uim card but same basic thing just different size, thats like arguing the difference between an sd and a micro sd

also on a side note, you have to use the sprint numeric network info for it to function properly in my experience, 310120, boosts is just a mask that cm doesnt seem to agree with in most cases, that will not however cause failure of the lte card reader, not sure why it would do that. what ril are you using??? i see it says qcomdsds or something like that, for the force i think we used standard qcomsharedril or something like that and the sony shared one worked very well on the sequent but that was 3g only so i cant say for sure, it also worked with the qcom shared as well though

that works, may not be able to use the stock libs though you know how zte is. and yes 3g/phone should work even without the lte card if its set to the right network mode and its already pre programmed in stock

it WILL always give the no sim error regardless though, so you have to ignore that and just try it

that works, may not be able to use the stock libs though you know how zte is. and yes 3g/phone should work even without the lte card if its set to the right network mode and its already pre programmed in stock

it WILL always give the no sim error regardless though, so you have to ignore that and just try it

if those libs dont work maybe he can try the ones this guy used on ZTE Nubia Z5s Mini

https://github.com/MoKee/android_vendor_nubia_nx403a

https://github.com/MoKee/android_device_nubia_nx403a

https://github.com/MoKee/android_kernel_nubia_nx403a

I made the build.prop modifications, and still nothing. I'm going to play around with the libs some more and see where i get.

I made the build.prop modifications, and still nothing. I'm going to play around with the libs some more and see where i get.

after you made changes to the prop and did a factory wipe, was it still asking for a SIM card ?

after you made changes to the prop and did a factory wipe, was it still asking for a SIM card ?

No. Sorry for not mentioning that. That did get me over that hurdle. Do you think I should be including qcnvitems.jar qcrilhook.jar, and sptint.jar into the build? I've seen that done on several cm10 builds.

No. Sorry for not mentioning that. That did get me over that hurdle. Do you think I should be including qcnvitems.jar qcrilhook.jar, and sptint.jar into the build? I've seen that done on several cm10 builds.

no i would try the libs from the ZTE Nubia (not all) just the RIL libs and binaries

I posted a link a few posts back

As you know, I did not use ZTE Libs for the Radiant, I used Samsung, but if Mokie was able to get the Nubia libs to work, you should too

Zte radiant camera and when I speak in mic people cant hear me. This is kernel related as far as I can tell. What I would recommend doing is take the configuration file to build the cyanogenmod kernel for your device and in the kernel product copy files copying over the modules from the stock kernel source/ROM. Keep in mind this still may not fix these problems. Camera hardware is often broken on custom ROM's, and can be extremely difficult or near impossible to fix.

wait a minute... what is default network type 7?!? i could swear 8 was the proper setting for cdma lte. check what network mode youre in and not via the system menu that doesnt always work right, theres a hidden menu, you can get to it with a dial code but i dont remember it, i use lte onoff
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff
says for thunderbolt but it works great on cm for the force, make sure its set to lte/cdma (auto)

in my experience even lte only wont work, and i think, cant be sure, but i think you have it set to lte/gsm which will give you no network

AH its global... k. that may or may not work though im not really sure, the phone isnt actually global the sim slot cant be used for gsm purposes, so its worth a shot trying to adjust it

Ill check that out. I have a new build in progress right now. I could have just swapped the libs but i was feeling lucky

Network was set to 4 in the stock build.prop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom